New Carbs

• You cannot reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Four months and nearly $123.00 later... IT LIVES!!! After abandoning the origanal set of '94 CBR 600 F2 carbs, I recently bought carbs from an '98 Honda CBR 900RR.
Anyway, I just had to crank it over for a few seconds and it fired on all four! The only issue that I faced was a bad "O" ring in the fuel "T"s... But hell, thats what SPARE carbs are for! laugh.gif

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
right on dude biggrin.gif good luck with them now get some video up lol

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Apparently they dont like the cold weather... After replacing the O rings, I let them sit in the shed (AKA my "Mini garage") which is heated. After bloting the carbs back on today, I tried firing it up. Well it ran for a good 40 or so seconds and cut off. Now yesterday, it was about 25 degrees out... Today, well it just barly broke double digits and a wind chill of -2...
Looks like I'll just wait till it starts warming up again for the bike carbs...

Suck my SOHC!

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I cant wait that long sad.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Feb 18 2007, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant wait that long sad.gif

Yeah, I know... Atleast its going to start warming back up this week biggrin.gif

Suck my SOHC!

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
soo you're going to have a video by wed?

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
what fuel pump are you running ??? im buying another , but i cant seem to figure out which ion to get

do you have a pic ???

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
FWIW I bought a carter..i think.. off of a fellow member. bearly used it and neither did he, im thinking to run my B18 carbed possibly so iono if i wanna sell it

cant lose with buying a simple 3-7 psi pump from the local parts store or summitracing.com... cost about 25 bux and should work well. if the pump is rated at 7 or less, you shoudnt really need a regulator but id say itd be better to have a lowere pressure pump to be best- like a 3-5psi

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well i have a 7 psi pump and it was killing all the gaskets in the carbs,like fuel was pumping out everywhere lol and thats with it regulated laugh.gif so thats why im kinda scared on trying it on these carbs from richard ,i dont wanna wreck rebuilt carbs before i even use them laugh.gif

it kinda sucks since i paid over a 100 bucks for this pump and then when i bought that mr gasket regulator it pretty much cost me 50 loonies since i had to pay 30.00 custom charge mad.gif

ill check out my parts place in town maybe i can find something cheap ,but going with the pump off the bike isent a good idea or what ???

thanks mitch wink.gif

My Webpage

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
if i'm not mistaken motorcycle carbs are generally designed to run on ~2 psi or even less

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (stevo911_ @ Mar 23 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i'm not mistaken motorcycle carbs are generally designed to run on ~2 psi or even less

i know thats why i have a regulator smile.gif and it stil didnt work

My Webpage

Kurt

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Guys you need to look at the bikes that your carbs come from. If they are from a modern bike that uses a small electric fuel pump then you should get your hands on the electric pump from that particular bike a second best would be a pump that can be regulated at around 5psi.

Now if your carbs come from a bike that dosn't use an electric pump and is fed the fuel by gravity then you might run into some problem as the needle and seat on the fuel bowls was only designed to hold back fuel under gravity pressure from the tank. If you have a set of carbs like this I see your only solution to be a new set of needle and seat that can handle the 5psi or so of a the avarage carby.

I think this is why most of the performance shops that deal in bike carby conversions seem to stick with the carbys from bikes like the yamaha r1 and susuki gsxr that use an electric pump.

I personaly run the R1 carbs and use a R1 electric pump mounted under the car. works a treat as would be expected.Not a cheep pump to buy from the breakers i think they go for around $100US. I got mine for about $20 US on ebay.

I have allso tried a set of honda cbr 1000 carbs that were of the gravity fed style and they was no way in hell they could hold the 5psi that the r1 pump puts out. I did get them to run for a little while by diverting most of the fuel back into the return line and just letting a small amount get to the carbs under vertualy no pressure. But even then a still had over fueling trouble.

So personaly I would steer clear of the gravity fed carbs.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
man i hope my new set are not gravity fed ill have to check with richard on that one thanks for the info ,thats pretty much what ive been looking for thanks

wink.gif

My Webpage

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
the carbys are the same on bikes with gravity feed and with electronic fuel pumps. the pump is regulated to a low psi but its designed to cut off if there is any restriction on the line IE when the flot comes up and cuts the fuel the pump turns off. generally speaking it is best though to use the fuel pump that came with the carbs.