New Carbs

• You cannot reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

I bought these yesterday, but I dont know much about them... I do know they are from a '94 Honda CBR 600F3. I didn't buy the airbox because I am going to make a CAI for them (and eventualy use my Garret M10 turbo). I have an IM to use, but what tubing would work the best to connect the carbs to the IM.
The seller did tell me that the bike ran great above 4000 rpm's, and it has a slight skip below 4k. Could that just be becasue they need cleaned?
Any help would be great.

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Yes ...these carbs are ideal...You will need an si or cdm intake manifold...or fab straight runners to your im flange..wich would be a little harder and costly ,unless u had the equipment to do so...
Just use the apropriate diameter fuel filler or radiator hosing...with hose clamps...then u will need to get a filter system on them ,because if not the venturies will flutter up on ya...and it'll run like crap...

this is the si intake cut and modded...u can slip a fitting or tire valve with no valve in one of the injector ports for vaccum for advance and booster...if not I have another solution...

let me know if you need further assistance...TOM wink.gif
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What would I do about the throtle cable, is there a certan hook up?
Also, what do I do about the charcol canister?

Suck my SOHC!

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
well from what ive seen you make a linkage or a bracket to mount the throttle cable too ontop of the carb and just get rid of the charcol canister since you wont be needing it but dont block off the line that goes back to the tank or just dont use it just leave it sit there

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, the carbs came in today... They look compleatly different that what I have seen on here. They are missing the intake runners, but I am in the process of making a flange to connect to my manifold. The carb assembly also has a throttle conection like what is on my stock carb, so I'll just go from there. I am planning to have the set up on the car and in a run-able stage tomorrow.

Suck my SOHC!

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, heres my progress...

As you can see, my "intake manifold" wont inline. Appatently its too short. The other problem is, sence I dont have an air box, I wont be able to drive my car (which is my main means of transportation , my ford blew up...)
So, are there filters that I can buy that will just bolt up to my carbs?

Suck my SOHC!

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Bigger view, sorry.

Suck my SOHC!

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
look at the pics of my intake...I used a deburrer to take doen the fuel rail studs and bumps...then yull need to cut the runners down more...like mine...or just have one fabed....that is ur best bet seeing as with that si intake,you wont get the floatbowls level enough....have one made with runners on a upper angle...TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
i know its a little late, but you prolly oughta used fuel tank filler hose instead, its meant not to get messed up by the gasoline and such but its harder to use with the bigger mm throttles. I plan to make it work, pics will come just keep an eye out on my latest thread 'ITC CVCC'
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I was just using radiator hose to mock everything up right now. I did some parts searches online today, and found a foam filter kit for my carbs. Now w/ the whole "float level" issue, sence our engines sit at (I beleive) a 10 degree angle, how much more of an angle would I have to have the manifold runners set? About 15?

Suck my SOHC!

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Aug 27 2006, 09:02 PM)
Now w/ the whole "float level" issue, sence our engines sit at (I beleive) a 10 degree angle, how much more of an angle would I have to have the manifold runners set? About 15?

You want the floats to be mounted level with the ground. and from the looks of it yours look to be almost at 45*'s, so the runners on the manifold would need to be the same. but then factor in the tilt of the engine too.

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Actualy, my manifold is straight. The radiator hoses do sit at a slight angle, but they are just being used to mock everything up.

Suck my SOHC!

crazi-85crx

Does this make sense? Just a quick drawing of how the carbs will need to be mounted.

edit:
these runners are mounted at 25* on the manifold (35 total). This is a D16A1, so I'm not sure if the angle on a CRX engine is 10* too.

RFL85CRXSI

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ok, I see now.

Suck my SOHC!

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
cut your (reccomend rubber gas filler tubing, non metal swirl type but smooth type with nylon outter "swirl" thing going on) runners at an angle like this /=\ instead of like this |=| that way you will get the desired angle... or you could do it the hard way and make metal mounting brackets and put tension on the runners

(I still have to cut mine a bit more, check my thread)
http://www.redpepper...t=0#entry285960
He who dies with the most toys, wins.