• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 honda civc wagovan, 00 silverado
    • Image Gallery
just wondering if anyone know if a set of bike carbs can be made to fit a ew1 dry.gif
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

crazi-85crx

short answer... yes!

search it up. skullfracture, rexsk8er, and Shinobi's_Underwear did it, and there are a couple of us doing it right now.

you could fab a custom manifold out of mild steel, or "hack" the stock one and connect the carbs with radiator hose or something similar.

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
iv'e read the posts were people have done this by just cutting of the intake. i dont know if there are differnt types of intake manifolds. but it really dont look like intake manifold would line up if i cut it. does any body have a picture of a cut manifold or a fabrecated one or both
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

crazi-85crx

I attached my carbs to my cut intake manifold this weekend, and well... I was a little dissapointed. My set of 38mm Mikuni's off a Suzuki are too BIG to fit the manifold sad.gif eventhough they line up perfectly with the ports on the head, the maniold runners point inwards too much and the transition would be too harsh, so I'm using my set of 32mm Mikuni's instead.

The only way I can use the 38's is if I fabricate a manifold... which was my original idea, that never got finished.

If you hold the carbs on top of the manifold they should hopefully line up with the runners at about ~2-3" from the flange. I can get pics later today when I get off work.

crazi-85crx

here are some pics. as you can see they line up really well to the D16A1 manifold. i don't have the carb-side rad hose on because i needed it to be longer, but i'll get some tuesday to finish it. i have the rad hose on the manifold and that tightly slips over the rad hose that's on the carbs.

i also made that bracket to support the carbs; in addition to the lower bracket that attaches to the block on the back. enjoy!

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
got my carbs. not what i wanted. 32mm that mount at an angle. and my intake does not look like yours. mine has egr vauvle and some other vauvle on the other side and does not come out stright. its all cruked. id post pictures but i dont know how
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (vaughan @ May 24 2006, 08:50 PM)
got my carbs. not what i wanted. 32mm that mount at an angle. and my intake does not look like yours. mine has egr vauvle and some other vauvle on the other side and does not come out stright. its all cruked. id post pictures but i dont know how

ya, mine is the D16A1 manifold. But mounting them on a slight angle on the EW manifold shouldn't be too much of a problem.

you can use an image hosting site like www.imageshack.usor www.photobucket.com then copy the URL to here using the tag.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
i can host the images too if you e-mail them to me ([email protected])

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
ya was kind of set on using 38 mm carbs. but if you get yours up and runing with the 32 let me know how that works out
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I'm looking for 36-38 mm's as I've been told thats the sweet spot, I'm curious how the 32's will work out though, since they seem to be easier to find, i think it was the early 90's suzuki katana 900's had 36mm carbs, I'll have to double check on that one thouhg

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (vaughan @ May 20 2006, 11:29 PM)
just wondering if anyone know if a set of bike carbs can be made to fit a ew1    dry.gif

EW1 is cvcc, using motorcycle carbs would make running the cvcc very difficult to do correctly and pretty much wouldnt be worth it, if you really want to, I say swap to the SI (EW3 or 4)head or EW2 since those are non cvcc engines and dont have the extra ports to deal with.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 3 2006, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (vaughan @ May 20 2006, 11:29 PM)
just wondering if anyone know if a set of bike carbs can be made to fit a ew1    dry.gif

EW1 is cvcc, using motorcycle carbs would make running the cvcc very difficult to do correctly and pretty much wouldnt be worth it, if you really want to, I say swap to the SI (EW3 or 4)head or EW2 since those are non cvcc engines and dont have the extra ports to deal with.

You could probably run the bike carbs with the cvcc head, but the cvcc wouldn't work as intended (to save gas). I ran my weber carb with the CVCC head for a long time and it ran great.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
The Canadian DX is not a CVCC head correct?

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (stevo911_ @ Jun 3 2006, 09:38 PM)
The Canadian DX is not a CVCC head correct?

Correct. It's called the EW2.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
you never know, you might want to double check
He who dies with the most toys, wins.