• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2013 Cadillac SRX, 2003 Hummer H2
    Garage View Garage
Hot Import Nights Pennsylvania = the largest automotive lifestyle event in the world! It's a total sensory overload with car shows, model competitions, music performances, lots of free stuff and more! The action takes place 4PM - 11PM, June 6, 2009 at PNC Field, Scranton, PA.

HIB http://www.hotimport...vent.asp?id=714

Pocono Raceway http://www.poconoraceway.com/

PNC Field PNC Field
I put the FUN in dysfunctional!
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

Sgt. Pepper

Hmmmmmm, I smell a NEC gathering.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Dec 14 2008, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmmmm, I smell a NEC gathering.

Let's have one! Invite is for 5-7 June (Fri-Sun) to accommodate travelers, provide a place to stay and give time for a get together (when not at the race or HIN event). I am only 14 miles from the track:

I am only 32 miles from PNC Field:

I can accommodate quite a few. My house used to be the general store and post & tax office. Available inside are two queen size pullout couches on first floor, and two futons & one double bed in finished attic. Floor space available for air mattresses and/or sleeping bags. Bathrooms on 1st & 2nd floor. Open floor plan so not a lot of privacy. Plenty of room to park and camp if anyone prefers to pitch a tent. Address is: 117 River Road, Thornhurst, PA 18424, 570-848-2965 (home number). MapQuest and some GPS will show the address as being 1/4 mile farther East than it really is. House number is on a mailbox on a stick out front. If you follow GPS directions I think it tells you to turn and you have reached your destination (problem is that would put you in the river).

My son wants to enter his second gen in the competition. For anyone else wanting to enter their vehicle we can provide shuttle service to and from the track for Friday night roll-in, back to the show, etc.
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
i wish we had more members up here in Canada, whenever there is talks about meets/get togethers i always am sad that its so far away from me mad.gif sad.gif
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
The HIN website has dropped the speedway as the location as of today. It doesn't specify where in PA at this time. Since it is a race weekend I wonder if HIN got ahead of themselves or the deal fell though...will keep you informed as details emerge.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
Hey, I could make it there... too bad my wife will be in the hospital around then, expecting labor. Damn woman always ruins my car fun tongue.gif LOL. /sarcasm
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
HIN is still undetermined as far as location in PA at this time. Since this is race weekend if anyone is coming up this way for the race and wants to stop in, let me know. Race info:

http://www.poconorac..._pocono_500.asp
POCONO 500 Weekend Schedule
FRIDAY JUNE 5, 2009 - WEIS MARKET POLE DAY
6:00am Parking Lots Open
8:00am Gates Open for WEIS Markets Pole Day
10:15am ARCA RE/MAX Series Final Practice
12:00pm NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice
1:45pm ARCA RE/MAX Series Qualifying(One Lap, All Positions)
3:40pm WEIS Markets NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Qualifying (Two Laps, All Positions)
SATURDAY JUNE 6, 2009 - POCONO 200
6:00am Parking Lots Open
8:00am Grandstand Admission Gates Open
10:00am NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice
11:20am NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Final Practice
12:30pm ARCA RE/MAX Series Driver Introductions
1:00pm POCONO 200 ARCA RE/MAX Series Race (80 Laps, 200 miles)
SUNDAY JUNE 7, 2009 - POCONO 500
5:00am Parking Lots Open
9:00am Grandstand Admission Gates Open
1:00pm Pre-Race Festivities Begin
1:00pm Pre-Race Pit Pass Access Ends
1:30pm Sprint Cup Series Driver Introductions
2:00pm POCONO 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (200 Laps, 500 Miles)

SEX - StreetEXtremes

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
HIN is back on for Pocono Raceway as of today.
http://www.hotimport...vent.asp?id=714

SEX - StreetEXtremes

Sgt. Pepper

Still the same weekend as NASCAR?
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Yep, same as race weekend. If anyone wants to go to the race I can get discount tickets but I have to get them in advance from work. PM me for info if you are interested. I can't get any discounts for HIN. Let me know if you plan on attending the meet, race or HIN so I can plan refreshments. Transport to/from the events can be made if you are entering a car in the HIN competition and have to leave it there after roll-in. I am not planning on attending the race, my son is still considering entering his car and attending HIN, and me, well I'll stay at the house and relax most likely unless y'all show up and convince me otherwise. There's a nice little river across the street for trout fishing or swimming. Let me know if you are coming and what you need and I'll see what I can arrange.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

Sgt. Pepper

Might attend/might enter Liz. I could probably convince Mrs. Pepper to attend since there is a place for her to hang @ your place with Mrs. 4N2NR. She doesn't like to "look at engines all day". Probably won't attend the race, I have to work Sunday night (although I could use the nap LOL). We shall see.

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
HIN PA has moved to Scranton: PNC Field, 235 Montage Mountain Road, Scranton, PA 18505.

map: http://maps.google.c...e...e=UTF8&z=16

SEX - StreetEXtremes

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
More info on race tickets. I can get Pocono 500 tickets for Sunday, June 7th, in Section S14, rows 16 & 17 in the Concourse Vista South for $50.00 each.

More info on PNC Field for HIN. It is the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (Yankees minor league team) stadium and is only 32 miles from my house. It's in the opposite direction from where the race is so it should be less congested (relative to the raceway). If anyone wants to we can catch the Friday home game. I can get discount tickets from work for that too. They go fast so let me know soon.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
HIN PA Tickets and Registration now available:

Event Tickets $30
Car Registration $60
Bike Registration $30

Post up if you find any working promo codes that give discounts. I haven't found any yet.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

icy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si
hey hey!! i might actually be able to make it to this one. hopefully my rex should be on the road by then, then its just a matter of hopin it will make it to scranton lol. smile.gif
Posted Image