• You cannot reply to this topic
120 replies to this topic

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
QUOTE (cjb @ Mar 23 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was awesome meeting all of you. I had a blast. Wish I could have made it a little earlier on saturday and washed my car..lol... So much motivation for my 87 now. Thanks again to everyone...
Glad you were able to make it CJ, was really looking forward to seeing your car.

ea_hatch

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 si hatch with ls/vtec
ya ive kinda been trying to sell it but i just got some new wheels and it really got me excited about it again so i might keep it

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (ea_hatch @ Mar 23 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya ive kinda been trying to sell it but i just got some new wheels and it really got me excited about it again so i might keep it
Yeah, I thought I heard something like that in the past, but glad to know you're still in possession of one of RPR's hottest 3G's ever.

Never can get enough of seeing your car, so with that, please feel free to show us how it's done, with your new wheels on, whenever you get the time.

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
QUOTE (ea_hatch @ Mar 23 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice turnout!!!! looked like alot of fun

btw where are u guys getting ur roof racks...ive been wanting one

WAAAT NO WAY. U WANT ONE TOO. JOIN THE CREW HAHA jk..

but yeah bro its nothin much i peeace mine together from ebay. Q-towers will me the most expensive outta everything.

1-Full set (4) Q-Towers
1-Full set (4) SKS locks
1-Pair (2) of 44" cross bars
1-Pair of Q17 clips
1-Pair of Q6 clips

i think thats all you need oh and also the the wind deflector there are Two kinds like mine or like rinnaye's

cjb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 dx and a 92 vx
teek, I want a roof rack too.. can i join the club??

ea_hatch

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch with ls/vtec
awsome thanx for the info on the rack... u might see me getting one soon

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (cjb @ Mar 24 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
teek, I want a roof rack too.. can i join the club??

join in fellas the more the better. i mean its gonna be sick as hell

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
WISH I COULD OF MADE MY JDM CLUSTER WORK INTIME FOR THE MEET.

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Mar 24 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WISH I COULD OF MADE MY JDM CLUSTER WORK INTIME FOR THE MEET.
Teek!

You know, the more I think about it, the more I say, I HAVE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!

I need more details on how to make this dream a reality! And still keep my factory Air Conditioning, of course.

C8V6C

^Do it buddy! You won't regret it...

If you can spend the few extra bucks, to with a GSR...better platform to build off of than the B16. You won't get tired of it as fast wink.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Mar 24 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Do it buddy! You won't regret it...

If you can spend the few extra bucks, to with a GSR...better platform to build off of than the B16. You won't get tired of it as fast wink.gif
Details Please!

GSR Integra right? What year? Is that a 1.6? Installation degree of difficulty? Price of engine? And can I still keep my air?

Thanks

EDIT: Just did a quick investigation on the GSR engine. It may be a bit too rare, too big for engine bay w/air 1.7L, and too expensive.

C8V6C

Gsr is 1.8 vs b16 1.6....

Any motor will work, you can get gsr 92-01 I believe....but you just Use the correct dizzy and wiring etc

Someone mentioned they were able to use the ac with b series...check the search and fond their build thread

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
Thanks,

I am going to do my homework.

But even if I did go with Teeks setup, I doubt I'd get bored anytime soon with it, not by the way I saw him pull away from me several times while we were up at Red Rock, and my engine was screaming to redline, yet still it was as if I was standing still behind him.

And lets not mention how I had to pull into the slow lane on many occaisions, or get blown off the highway by a friggin Kia, or something else just as stupid while coming back home on the 15. It's time to invest in some serious GOOO!

C8V6C

LOL, yeah b16 is good...that's what I started off with. Then you just build another bottom end, ls or b20 for instance, and it will make a good amount of hp/tq

If I was starting fresh like you though, the gsr is a great choice. Can't really go wrong either way!

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
You're starting to sell me on the GSR, for sure!

But this ls/Vtec is starting to make some noise, for you're the 2nd rpr member to mention this option to me in as many days. Royce is also saying good things about it, and from what I read, yes, you both are correct, this "mini me" will yield more torque, which is something most Honda engines are lacking, but yet I'll get top end too, from that V-Tec head. This may be the best way to go, but I'm no engine builder. I'm looking for plug & play action.