31 replies to this topic

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
just heard it on the radio and watching on tv.. god dammit

its weird cause i was using that public transit system last year when i went to london
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
for those of you who havent seen the news or dont knwo what im talkinmg about click here

Londen terrorist attacks
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Up to 1,000 people - including walking wounded - were injured, with 45 seriously hurt. The range of injuries included burns, amputations, chest and blast injuries, fractured limbs and smoke inhalation. A number of casualties have lost limbs. Others were taken to hospital covered in blood.

That sucks...
I have nothing...

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
I stopped calling these "people" terrorists. I call the cowards. That is what they are! They kill innocent people for idiotic ideals. Cowards! Nuf said.

On the other side, I feel remorce for London. Such a waste of lives. I prey for all of the famililies affected by this.
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It remindes me so much of just about 4 years ago. Just a few animals decide that their way or their voice should be followed and heard and decide that it's just peachy that they take so many innocent lives. I hope I'm also reminded of 9/11 in Blair's reaction, hopefully that it will take shape much like Bush's "This shit ain't gonna fly" type of reaction, even though Blair will have a much harder time. There is a much deeper rooted radical islamic element in the UK and Europe in general, but I think that many Europeans are starting to get quite sick of dealing with them and won't put forth the politically correct understanding that seems loud in the US.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Firstly, I want to say that I'm numb from all the senseless death that has occurred in these troubled times, in England as well as Afganistan and Iraq...and any other location where the governing bodies haven't realized the senselessness of war and the price paid for such actions. I support our military in their endeavors (as they are there by no fault of their own), but I have never liked the concept of using brute force to achieve peace; a concept that has been around forever and will, undoubtedly, be in existence long after I'm gone. In addition to the one in my sig, i will add another quote from Mr. Einstein: "A country cannot simultaneously prepare for war and peace."

If I may add some levity in stark contrast to the seriousness of these most recent events...
There was a posting on a board not too long ago that if you suspect there are any Islamic Jihad'ers in your neighborhood, that you should get all the women in the neighborhood to walk around nekkid. According to the laws of their religion, Islamic men must kill themselves upon seeing a woman nekkid that isn't their wife. Just a thought.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
This is sad news. I'm in Manhattan right now, and the subways are filled with cops everywhere, and I gotta say, it was really creepy to take the train today. Everyone has that concerned look, and everyone is scanning each other. I still can't fathom what they feel they are accomplishing by these terrorists acts, nor can I fathom how we can stop them. Prayers out to Londoners.

On a light note, I saw an improv sketch about sending 500 Playboy babes over to the middle east to start breeding the terrorists out. Sad and funny, just another way to deal with all the crap thats going on.

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
I might get fried, but as long as we can't understand why someone get's so frustrated that they think the only way is terrorisme, we won't get nowhere. Don't take me wrong, i am for remowing sadam, just can't see no way out of this.
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (slavteren @ Jul 7 2005, 06:04 PM)
I might get fried, but as long as we can't understand why someone get's so frustrated that they think the only way is terrorisme, we won't get nowhere. Don't take me wrong, i am for remowing sadam, just can't see no way out of this.

There's a great philosopher in NYC, name o' Dave Letterman. After 9/11, he had a monologue that included this statement.

"The reason we were attacked, the reason these people are dead, these people are missing and dead, they weren't doing anything wrong, they were living their lives. They were going to work they were traveling, the were doing what they normally do. As I understand it, and my understanding of this is vague at best, another smaller group of people stole some airplanes and crashed them into buildings. And we're told that they were zealots fueled by religious furvor. Religious furvor. And if you live to be a thousand years old, will that make any sense to you? Will that make any God damn sense?"

How do you understand someone who can look at devastation like today's, like 9/11, like so often in Israel when a suicide bomber gets on a bus filled with people of all ages and detonates them all, and think that it's a good thing? How can anyone look at that and smile? I sure as heck don't know. I would be scared to look into that person's mind or heart. I think I'd be staring into the blackest depths of hell, into Satan's very eyes.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (slavteren @ Jul 7 2005, 05:04 PM)
... as long as we can't understand why someone get's so frustrated that they think the only way is terrorisme, we won't get nowhere.

Think of "terrorism" as a means of communication. What is the message being transmitted?

The message I am receiving is something along the lines of, "There is tremendous inequity and injustice in my land, I feel you are responsible. Stop the inequity or we will continue to communicate this message."

A "terrorist" is a hero to someone else. The brave freedom fighters of the French Resistance during WWII were called "terrorists" by the occupying Germans. The British called the Jewish Zionists of Palestine "terrorists." I am sure that Darth Vader thought of the Rebel Alliance as "terrorists."

We have three basic options to respond to the message being sent:

1) We shall smite thee down and grind you into the dust for all eternity.

2) Our current policies do encourage injustice and inequality, we shall learn to live up to our lofty moral goals of truth and justice for all regardless of the negative impact upon our economic interests. Principles are greater than profit.

3) We will ignorantly impose our culture and values upon foreigners. We will enrich the few at the cost of the many. The ends jusify the means. We will have to put up with fewer civil liberites and no extra protection from random attacks. But as long as we keep our middle class reasonably content, we will be able to fund this course of action.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
I hate people(s) who do idiotic things pertaining to a religion or person or group of person's, to please a "god". Only reason, IMO, that there were attacks in london is because we got help from the coalition in Iraq and such, and shit like this will just keep happening, even long after osama is dead.

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
hmmm, i wonder who will get to clean this one up. the united fucking states. why? because we think we are the world police and can do anything we want. how will we fix it? im sure we will just go into the home country of the terrorist that did it and start killing thier women and children....we are doing it in other countries right now. why? because thats what we (the unites states, not me by any means) believe. are we any less of a terrorist? i think not.

Edited by crxls, 07 July 2005 - 08:21 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
*bangs my head against the wall*

We don't go in specifically killing women and children. Do sometimes innocents get killed as casualties of any war? Yes.

How many military units were targeted today in London? Or on 9/11? Or in Madrid on 3/11? I'm sure that if any were hit, they were the exception, not the rule. Terrorists of this ilk focus on making the people fear, because they know they can't stand toe to toe with an army that knows how to fight. They can only make their headway against the brave man armed with a briefcase of 3rd quarter profit margin projections. Or the heroic tourist who is a sharpshooter with her disposable camera.

A terrorist does not carry his weapon in the open. He fights not for a country or wearing a uniform. He signs no Geneva Convention agreement. He goes to kill the most innocent and the most vulnerable.

Please don't dare compare this nation I proudly call my home with terrorists. It's as baseless as when Durbin compared Gitmo with the gulags and with Nazi Germany, and it spits in the face of anyone who wore, who wears, or will ever wear a uniform and gives ammunition to the real terrorists when they kidnap innocent civilians befor they are beheaded.

The bully kicked us when we weren't looking because he wants you to behave in a way that he wants you to because how you behave is unacceptable to him in his supremecy over you. The bully doesn't play fair. He doesn't listen to the teacher or to reason. You don't make peace with the bully. You show him his shit doesn't fly, and you break him. And then you have peace.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
There was a time in america, that this type of discussion was "forbidden". We have crawled at a snails pace from that day.

hmmm, i wonder who will get to clean this one up. the united fucking states. why? because we think we are the world police and can do anything we want. how will we fix it?
Unfortunatly, we will have to call more servicemen into duty, If you have ever studied game theory it would suggest just that, our forces are set and to move them w/o reinforcements would be futile.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
First off.. My heart goes out to all those in London and those for that matter those that have been touched by the evil people that wish to destroy the good people in this world..

Disco: Very nice and I agree with your statement.. Well put..

Well my take on these people we call "terrorists" is that their so-called “leaders” are trying to hold on to what little power that they have under the guise of “religious injustice”.. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely", am I right?? That is why I think the "insurgents" are fighting back in Iraq and why there are attacks in every part of the world..

Those that do the attacks are, poor, young, and naive with little hope.. They have loads of money thrown at them, or more than they can earn, along with promises for their families.. These people have so little to lose that they think this is their way out and make a difference.. Those young people’s lives are cut far too short for the sake of someone’s interpretation of their religion and political ideals.. And yes most of those who take on the role of suicide bombers are predominately young and poor.. I feel sorry for them.. They throw their lives away for nothing.. Religion?? Why?? Do they really think their God or Allah wants them to do this?? What kind of deity is that?? The ones telling them to throw their lives away are the ones who are trying to hold on to their power or their perception of power.. They are the ones telling them that their deity wants them to die.. Just a man.. Not their god.. A man.. What gives them that right?? That they are a so-called “prophet”?? They are an instrument of God?? HELL NO!! They are men.. A small human being.. One of billions on this earth.. Their only difference is that we know their evil deeds.. They are just the same as the murdering warlord Aideed in Somalia, a mass murderer like Milosevic and Saddam, and the worst of the 20th century, Hitler.. All men trying to gain one thing, absolute power.. That’s it.. All of this is for something that has yet to be sustained or held indefinitely.. Absolute f#$kin’ power.. Many have tried but all have failed..

What makes them special?? IMHO nothing.. In time, they too will fail to gain their elusive power.. The sad thing is that there are others just waiting to take their place..

Shawn
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image