I Love This Friggen Car!

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

StanBo

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: EE Si, EF Si, DC2 LS
I have only driven it once and I love it already.

Right now I am just freshening up the fluids and working on the brake system.

The car has not seen new gas in a year in a half. It sat in a friend's yard for close to 2 years.

The car was not moved most of the time but was started every once in a while. That stopped 6 months ago when the battery was taken out to be used elsewhere.

I drove down to see the car with a new battery in hand ( I knew I wanted it) and popped it in when I got there.

The car started on the first try and purrs like a kitten. I towed it home and have driven it around the neighborhood.

It is in dire need of rotors, pads and brake shoes.

Right now I am going to install stock rotors and pads up front and will be looking for a rotor swap on the rear on this site.

I was directed here by my friends Airjockey (Clayton) and NoriceEF (Spencer).

Is there a place to make donations? I could spare a couple bucks towards the new hardrive that must have been purchased biggrin.gif

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
Nice car. Lots of potential there.

As for donations, Tom really should post a PayPal address so we could help out with expenses. This is about the only place to get answers to 1st gen questions. We need this site!

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Looking good, Si's are nice nice cars....

Change the gas! The last thing you need is gummed injectors. Lucky for us there is a 17mm drain plug on the back of the tank.

There is a lot of valuable info, any questions, let us know (but read the FAQ first wink.gif )

Welcome aboard!

Cheers,
Mark

PS. I agree with the paypal idea. I would gladly fork over some dollars to the site, no problem.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
Looks like a very clean civic hatch. Congratulations and good luck.

Julian

MandJ

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX; 93 Century
Congrats on a great buy! I'm pretty new to this sight too and I love it!

BTW, that paypal address is a great idea, Tom....

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
Welcome aboard Stan... wink.gif
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
nice little hatch you got there. what color is your gas? might wanna clean the gas tank out and get some new fuel lines IMO. Cant recall...but what do you use to get all the nastyness outta a gas tank...as i need to do that BADLY, looks like someone put a couple drops of red food coloring in my gas blink.gif but i know its rust.

Are you doing a trim delete? and what year is it? 87?

ps: paypal=very good idea. If i can get an account set up i'll gladly fork over some cash smile.gif

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
wow, that thing is beautiful! I'm very jealous....well keep us posted!
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'll setup a donation link...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
QUOTE (civtrx @ Jan 4 2005, 03:46 AM)
wow, that thing is beautiful! I'm very jealous....well keep us posted!

ditto. That's purty!!!!! If I may, how much did ya give for it? I'm in a very similar situation just with a different car right now but the price was right, too right to resist.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

nivek2002

Awesome, looks great! The brakes are easy to work, good luck! Im suprised Airjockie didnt snatch it up since its red wink.gif

Kevin

StanBo

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: EE Si, EF Si, DC2 LS
Thanks for the kind replies guys.

Here are some answers:

1. I paid $400 for it. I was waiting for a seller of a EF Si to stop flaking out when this one came up for grabs. The EF is a basket case and doesn't run. This little guy does. biggrin.gif

2. Donations rock. I run a car club called Import FanatiX (www.ifxcc.com) and have paid out of pocket for the last three or four years so I know what it is to host a community. I know that this is going to be a place that I will use so my $10 is waiting to be sent.

3. Thank you it is in pretty good shape. It has some little rust spots here and there. You would see more of them if I used the shots with the flash wink.gif

4. I have added a full tank of premium gas and some gas cleaner. The tank was actually pretty darn empty. I will play it all by ear. I will look into changing the soft lines and the filter. The car runs pretty well. I drove it to autozone for fluids and gave it hopefully what it will need until I do the oilpan gasket and flush the AF (which is pretty grey).

5. I am going to look into changing the front torsion bars and get some spring/shocks for the rear. The car floats a bit. I just need it to be a bit tighter to have some crazy fun.

6. It is a 1986 Civic Si 157k on the clock.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Off-topic: I've added a 'Donate' button to the page, but really, I'm not asking for anything. If you find something of value here and wish to donate something, feel free, but don't feel obliged.

Thanks
Tom
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
$400!? (insert Napoleon Dynamite voice) LUCKY!!!!
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
wow, $400 is real lucky! very nice find, and congrats!
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image