Bragging About My Turbo Ew Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
My 1986 CRX SI makes 225whp and 230 ft. lbs. torque. Max torque is reached at 4300 rpm, max whp is at 5400 rpm in third gear. It has a turbocharged Ew engine with custom made Pauter rods and custom made Arias pistons. The head was flow bench tested and the exhaust ports were welded up and reshaped for maximum flow because of a low velocity area at the the bottom of the port. The head was ported and polished. Custom made Ferrea valves were installed with Honda S2000 outer valve springs to give the valves more seat pressure. I run a custom made monster plenum & a Integra GSR throttle body to fill the cylinders. The head & intake manifold assembly are heat dispersement coated to keep things cool. The block was line bored so the crankshaft wouldn't bind {it spins by hand}. The entire rotating assembly was balanced as a unit including the crank pulley, the pressure plate and clutch. I polished the inside of the block for oil drain back and knife edged the girdle to keep oil off the crank for more hp. I made a custom 5.5 quart oil pan with 4 trap door baffles surrounding the oil pick up with a windage tray for better oil control and oil cooling. California 91 octane piss water wont due so I run water/methanol injection to bring the octane up. It is converted to OBD1 using a distributor adapter plate and a 92-95 Civic distributor. It tunes on Hondata. I run OPM limited slip differential. Chassis reinforcement, suspension & braking have all been addressed. I love driving this car so much! It handles so good! Its a go-kart on steroids.

black87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 honda crx si
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Jul 15 2011, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My 1986 CRX SI makes 225whp and 230 ft. lbs. torque. Max torque is reached at 4300 rpm, max whp is at 5400 rpm in third gear. It has a turbocharged Ew engine with custom made Pauter rods and custom made Arias pistons. The head was flow bench tested and the exhaust ports were welded up and reshaped for maximum flow because of a low velocity area at the the bottom of the port. The head was ported and polished. Custom made Ferrea valves were installed with Honda S2000 outer valve springs to give the valves more seat pressure. I run a custom made monster plenum & a Integra GSR throttle body to fill the cylinders. The head & intake manifold assembly are heat dispersement coated to keep things cool. The block was line bored so the crankshaft wouldn't bind {it spins by hand}. The entire rotating assembly was balanced as a unit including the crank pulley, the pressure plate and clutch. I polished the inside of the block for oil drain back and knife edged the girdle to keep oil off the crank for more hp. I made a custom 5.5 quart oil pan with 4 trap door baffles surrounding the oil pick up with a windage tray for better oil control and oil cooling. California 91 octane piss water wont due so I run water/methanol injection to bring the octane up. It is converted to OBD1 using a distributor adapter plate and a 92-95 Civic distributor. It tunes on Hondata. I run OPM limited slip differential. Chassis reinforcement, suspension & braking have all been addressed. I love driving this car so much! It handles so good! Its a go-kart on steroids.

sounds really good i would love to see more pics and videos of the car sounds very nice, Nice Car bro! biggrin.gif
was up my name is antonio I <3 MY HONDA!

black87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Jul 15 2011, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh wow post some vids etc

asianflava

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Tundra CrewMax 89 Si hatch 85 & 91 CRX Si
No pics, so it never happened. wink.gif

black87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (asianflava @ Jul 15 2011, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

x1

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
Doesn't exist!
Build Thread- Here

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
would love to see pics of this car for SURE!
The Original CR-Z driver

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
is it april first already?
no pics??

omar.10.7

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si
Ditto on the pics and video.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (asianflava @ Jul 14 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boys and girls, I have seen this car and everything he says is true.

Sawchuck road tripped this car from Northern California to WOLFCRX's Bakersfield meet a couple of years ago.

That wasn't good enough... he let anyone at the meet drive his car.

Mad props to Sawchuck and maybe the most powerful EW on the planet.

If you are going to turbo an EW, this guy is the expert.

Slapping a junkyard turbo on to your clapped out stock EW is not going to end happily.

In a dream, I would love to get this car, some of the B-series equipped cars, some of the NA side draft EW cars and my POS together at some sort of organised track event for serious comparisions

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
WOW

Post a vid just so we can see it!

Amazing!

asianflava

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 07 Tundra CrewMax 89 Si hatch 85 & 91 CRX Si
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jul 15 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boys and girls, I have seen this car and everything he says is true.

Hey relax, just giving a couple jabs to get some pics up. I want to see this beasty.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Jul 15 2011, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds bad ass. Lets see some detailed pics and perhaps some build photos?
How much money do you have invested?

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
I've seen some pics awhile back, looks killer and a short video, I think.

Qronik

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: totaled the 87 , 94 Del Sol Si
    • Image Gallery

just to get you started .

Such ambition and attention to detail... such a nice ride.

When i hit the lottery , i'm hiring Sawchuk to make me one.

*scratch,scratch*

soon , i can feel it...

*scratch,scratch*

yep, any day now.