• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
For anyone who did or did not see the thread I posted asking about the RPR calendar, I wanted to revive it and give us all a chance to have one again. Now I didn't even realize until recently that for 2011 it is waaaay too late, but here is my thought/idea. What if we did a 1/2 of 2011 and all of 2012 calendar? Basically it would go from June or July of this year all the way through December of 2012. We would have a much longer calendar, much "cooler" if you ask me, and more people's cars could be included. The price would probably suffer a bit this route, but I can't imagine by much. I'm going to go around to a few places today to ask them about pricing, and I will report my findings.

Even if we decided to not go this route, I am still willing to take the torch and make just a 2012 unit that looks even half as good as our amazing 2010 one. This gives anyone interested a few months to gather some photos of their ride and we'll talk about submiting them to me. If there is enough interest for a 18 month unit (and enough photos) we will go that route, if there is less interest or if money becomes a factor, then we can go the 12 month route but go ahead and get the ball rolling.

We will have voting for the photos that should be included, and voting for the order in which the photos should appear.

This IS just a feeler for now, so if you are interested I NEED you to respond to this thread and say whats on your mind. I need to know how much interest we are talking here. And just an FYI, I am NOT interested in making any money off of this, so the prices will be per unit and shipping to your door, not a penny more.

Lets get another great RPR calendar to enjoy all year long!!

-Cameron

mtcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Old School REX @ Jan 7 2011, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For anyone who did or did not see the thread I posted asking about the RPR calendar, I wanted to revive it and give us all a chance to have one again. Now I didn't even realize until recently that for 2011 it is waaaay too late, but here is my thought/idea. What if we did a 1/2 of 2011 and all of 2012 calendar? Basically it would go from June or July of this year all the way through December of 2012. We would have a much longer calendar, much "cooler" if you ask me, and more people's cars could be included. The price would probably suffer a bit this route, but I can't imagine by much. I'm going to go around to a few places today to ask them about pricing, and I will report my findings.

Even if we decided to not go this route, I am still willing to take the torch and make just a 2012 unit that looks even half as good as our amazing 2010 one. This gives anyone interested a few months to gather some photos of their ride and we'll talk about submiting them to me. If there is enough interest for a 18 month unit (and enough photos) we will go that route, if there is less interest or if money becomes a factor, then we can go the 12 month route but go ahead and get the ball rolling.

We will have voting for the photos that should be included, and voting for the order in which the photos should appear.

This IS just a feeler for now, so if you are interested I NEED you to respond to this thread and say whats on your mind. I need to know how much interest we are talking here. And just an FYI, I am NOT interested in making any money off of this, so the prices will be per unit and shipping to your door, not a penny more.

Lets get another great RPR calendar to enjoy all year long!!

-Cameron

I would really love to see the calendars continue, maybe not every year, but regularly to keep the idea alive. It is nice to see good looking cars each month and all year. I think it it gives me inspiration to keep after my build project.

MTCRX
1987 CRX-SI
Daily driver, autocross, and track days. Fun car and getting better with each improvement learned from RPR members.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Just a little bump to see who would be interested. I found out today there is NO minimum number allowed, so if only 5 of you wanted one we could do that. lol Even though obviously we would need more that 5 pictures submitted. lol

Also found out that we can get a great wall size with full glossy photo quality paper calendar made for around $25.00 Just to throw that out there.

Just think about it guys, you have until this summer basically to get your projects photo ready and get some great snaps in of it this spring. I think there are plenty of cars that are finished now or have had enough changes made to them on the board that would make a GREAT calendar. Think Ballade's new car, OG's latest project on his 1G, ArenD has a schweeet pocket rocket, Lymitliss has been wrenching, even Kaka has made some changes. Thats just to name a few!!

-Cameron

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have the first two, and I'll take whatever comes this time. Can contribute pictures again as well
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Cam, great idea!

The wagon lost out by one vote last year, so I'm looking forward to another shot laugh.gif

I'm in, regardless.

You forgot to add your sweet-daddy CRX to the list!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jweber89

• 1986年ホンダシビッ
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX DX(sold), 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si
Cam,

Hey buddy, it's been awhile. We are gonna have to meet up sometime soon in between these darn snowstorms. I would definitely be in for a calendar whether it be a cheapo one printed on toilet paper or the HD Blu Ray photo quality paper version with exclusive RPR 3D glasses!!! cool.gif Hmm...now theres an idea..... ph34r.gif Definitely in for one though buddy, regardless of the quality.

Jeff

Smokescreem

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI ,2004 CRV EX, 1968 VW BUG, 1955 Porsche Speedster replica
    Garage View Garage
Sounds great to me . I would like to get two or three of them . Where do we send pics of the rides?

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I have to see if there is any interest first. We're talking high quality photos though here guys. Take your time and get a few of your FAVORITE photos of your ride. I'll set up an email account soon to collect photos. If some of you want to go ahead and start sending photos I'll already have them for when the interest comes up enough. You don't have to have show cars to submit your photos though guys. Some of the best looking cars on RPR haven't seen a paint booth since 1985. laugh.gif

We will start with low resolution images to speed up the process of me getting them up here to start voting on which ones to use. Then I'll need the high resolution versions later.

-Cameron

mallardtape

QUOTE (Old School REX @ Jan 13 2011, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to see if there is any interest first. We're talking high quality photos though here guys. Take your time and get a few of your FAVORITE photos of your ride. I'll set up an email account soon to collect photos. If some of you want to go ahead and start sending photos I'll already have them for when the interest comes up enough. You don't have to have show cars to submit your photos though guys. Some of the best looking cars on RPR haven't seen a paint booth since 1985. laugh.gif

We will start with low resolution images to speed up the process of me getting them up here to start voting on which ones to use. Then I'll need the high resolution versions later.

-Cameron

I'm in for a callandar. I could send some pics of my car if you want. Its nothing pretty but I like it. What do you think? Is it callandar quality?

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mallardtape @ Jan 14 2011, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in for a callandar. I could send some pics of my car if you want. Its nothing pretty but I like it. What do you think? Is it callandar quality?

Any car could be worthy my friend. Its up to the community to decide. biggrin.gif When I open up the email for the submissions, I expect to see yours in my inbox. wink.gif

Qronik

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: totaled the 87 , 94 Del Sol Si
    • Image Gallery
Who do i write the check to ?

I 'd like to see this happen . go get 'em Cam

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
I might have a photo or two.

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ballade @ Jan 14 2011, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might have a photo or two.

laugh.gif

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
count me in for at least two,might even throw in some pics (in case you need a torn apart car for a winter month)
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

C8V6C

I should take pics of my car one day LOL....feels like its been over a year now

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg