Texting For Geezers

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
I got this email from my wife. I thought some of the "Older Members" would get a kick out of it:

Since more and more "older people" are texting and tweeting, there
appears to be a need for a STC (Senior Texting Code). I wonder which
one's I'll use the most...?

ATD: At The Doctor's

BFF: Best Friend Farted

BTW: Bring The Wheelchair

BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth

CBM: Covered By Medicare

CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center

DWI: Driving While Incontinent

FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers

FWIW: Forgot Where I Was

FYI: Found Your Insulin

GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

GHA: Got Heartburn Again

HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement

IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?

LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out

LOL: Living On Lipitor

LWO: Lawrence Welk's On

OMMR: On My Massage Recliner

OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop

TTYL: Talk To You Louder

WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?

WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again

WTP: Where's The Prunes?

WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Quite good, but it won't be funny in a few years time for this member.
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Now just stop that! I resemble those remarks.

I just got a Android phone and I am learning a new feature on it it every day. I can even make calls on it!

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Yeah, A few of my friends have the droid phones... It seems while the phone CAN land a small aircraft, they do have trouble just placing a call from time to time. laugh.gif

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
I got the HTC Evo 4G just so I could surf RPR and never have to text again. All I do is speak and it types it out for me. As a matter of fact, this is the easiest post I ever made here. Yeah, I'm getting that old.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

NN4S

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: del Sol (my son's got the 1st gen CRX)
QUOTE (crxls @ Jan 2 2011, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the HTC Evo 4G just so I could surf RPR and never have to text again. All I do is speak and it types it out for me. As a matter of fact, this is the easiest post I ever made here. Yeah, I'm getting that old.

Naw, those of us that are old refuse to text- we're doing good just to get the voice mail to work on our cell phone!

My phone doesn't even allow texting, because one month they tried to charge me out the wazoo for data usage; when I went in to dispute the bill they decided that it had been "butt texting" or something like that which was running up the data counts. They saw that I was absolutely clueless as to how any of that crap worked & they removed the charge from the bill and set something in the user profile (not sure if it was on the phone or at their offices) to prevent it from happening again. wink.gif

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (NN4S @ Jan 2 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My phone doesn't even allow texting, because one month they tried to charge me out the wazoo for data usage; when I went in to dispute the bill they decided that it had been "butt texting" or something like that..... wink.gif

That's hilarious! Butt Texting.... laugh.gif

I've got to tell my wife that one. wink.gif
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

Qronik

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: totaled the 87 , 94 Del Sol Si
    • Image Gallery
you young guys .. i'm still trying to get used to phones without cords .

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (NN4S @ Jan 2 2011, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naw, those of us that are old refuse to text- we're doing good just to get the voice mail to work on our cell phone!

My phone doesn't even allow texting, because one month they tried to charge me out the wazoo for data usage; when I went in to dispute the bill they decided that it had been "butt texting" or something like that which was running up the data counts. They saw that I was absolutely clueless as to how any of that crap worked & they removed the charge from the bill and set something in the user profile (not sure if it was on the phone or at their offices) to prevent it from happening again. wink.gif

We just changed carriers. The first thing I did was have the carrier banninate texting because I'm a cheapskate and never text (even with my butt). Although, firstgencrx's list would certainly be appropriate if I were to text.

I just use my non-fancy phone for, well, phone calls. My wife got a spiffy Android of some sort, so she can access the intarwebs. The GPS feature is cool - she really likes Google's freebie talking directions application.

NN4S

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: del Sol (my son's got the 1st gen CRX)
QUOTE (pvbcrx @ Jan 3 2011, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We just changed carriers. The first thing I did was have the carrier banninate texting because I'm a cheapskate and never text (even with my butt). Although, firstgencrx's list would certainly be appropriate if I were to text.

I especially hated that they would charge you for receiving a text message- I didn't initiate it, so why should I be charged for it? They said there were some "spam" messages on my phone as well as the gibberish from the butt texting and that was all part of the "data" that I was being charged for. I think that was what proved to them I wasn't "text savvy"- none of the incoming messages had been opened/read. I told them I didn't have a clue about that stuff! laugh.gif

Edited by NN4S, 07 January 2011 - 11:01 AM.