86 Si Some Quick Questions

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

zxc4

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
i own an 89 b16 turbo crx si, but i have an opportunity to get a 86 si for cheap. all it needs is a new tranny and clutch. do 88-91 trannys bolt up to the 86 si motor? my plan is to run open aftermarket headers, gut it, and put a bigger than average shot on it. What size shot would be pushing the limits of this stock motor? is there a good injector upgrade for cheap? any suggestions on a cost effective build would be appreciated, and keep in mind i dont care if i blow it up, but would like to see a few runs in it.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What to expect. <-----------Click.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

zxc4

• Granny
  • Pip
that showed a turbo build. im looking at a nitrous build. maybe an fmu or safc for fuel man. i already have a turbo crx. thanks though smile.gif

Edited by zxc4, 23 February 2006 - 06:47 PM.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hmmm.....no the tranny will not bolt up as stated in the faq's. as a general rule a 75 shot is safe. after that its recomended to upgrade the fuel system. why would you upgrade the injectors if your not doing anything to the motor? all it will do is make you run rich or have to run low fuel pressure.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
why the fuck would you need an fmu or safc to run nitrous?

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

zxc4

• Granny
  • Pip
calm down killer. its called tuning. i wouldnt need to with somthing like a wet system. i want to make sure im not running lean, as nitrous oxide is basically just giving me more oxygen to burn more fuel.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Search nitrous, Naws, or boost.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

zxc4

• Granny
  • Pip
i guess what youre saying is no fuel upgrades need to be made with somthing as small as a 75 shot. but like i said, i wanted to push the stock motor. as the trannys do not match i dont think i will be trying this so thanks for the info anyhow.

zxc4

• Granny
  • Pip
nawwwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzz