1 reply to this topic

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Friends, CRXers, enthusiasts, lend me your ears. Er… eyes…

Over the years, I’ve been proud to be part of the CRX community. You guys friggin’ rock. Our cars friggin’ rock. The Niagara meets have always been classic, there are so many stories from them that I still tell to this day. Never have I had more fun driving than when I was bombing around in a CRX, or hanging out with some of the people from here and other forums who have done some amazing (and insane) things with and to their Hondas. As many of you guys know, I had my plans to make a beauty of a CRX for myself. Sadly, the time has come to admit defeat.

Not so much defeat that I can’t do it, but that it’s a project I don’t have the heart, the time, or the finances for any longer. When I first got my Silverbolt, I was 21 years old with disposable income, my mom’s driveway, big dreams and all the time in the world. Now, I turned 34 two weeks ago, I’ve started my going for my masters, and I no longer have the time or the space to have a project car. It breaks my heart to do it, but I know deep down that this is something from the past that I can’t honestly hold onto anymore. 

So, here I am as many have done before me, to say a fond so-long to this awesome community and put my car up for sale. Ideally, I’d love for someone to pick up the torch and run with it, but I’m realistic. Mechanically Silverbolt’s pretty darn good, but aesthetically, he’s seen much better days. I can drive or deliver the car to someone that’s a reasonable distance from the NYC area. I can’t part the car out, but I will sell it if all you want is the engine/trans. I have bonus pieces for whoever is looking to finish what I started, but I’d like to take some pieces off if you’re going to just buy it for the engine. I’ll name my ideal price in the for sale thread. I’ve put many thousands of dollars into this project, but again, I’m realistic that we never get out what we’ve put in. What I really got out of it was a lot of good stories, a lot of good friendships, and a lot of laughs.

So once again, thank you everyone here for all the great times, all the memories, all the advice and all the miles… kilometers for you awesome Canadians. For you youngin’s here, you’re getting into a great hobby. It’s always rewarding when things go right, especially after they go wrong and you managed to figure out how to make it right. If you’re doing a project, dream big, but plan properly, work realistically, and for the love of God do it in stages so you can enjoy every new victory. Have fun and learn from the people here. They’re some of the best.

~Stu Still AKA Disco Stu

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2013 Cadillac SRX, 2003 Hummer H2
    Garage View Garage

Wow...sad to hear. Best of luck to you.

I put the FUN in dysfunctional!
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes