294 replies to this topic

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, my project is moving along fast this year, been slow the last 4. I decided to put off swap the engine and start on body work to stop the rust and the leaks. Well, some things popped up at the right price so I may be getting the finally parts for the B20 swap, I've paid for them just waiting on them to get here. I've had the engine, ecu and tranny for about a year, yes I start up the CRV and drive it around the yard monthly so that its not just sitting. I'm still planing the full OBD-2 swap, so I'll document all that I have time to document for those that may want to know how it goes. Right now the goal is to pull emissions, harness, engine, cruise control, keyless entry, hatch popper from the 99 CRV and install in my 86 Si, using parts from my 87 Integra where needed. Also note that they engine is to be stock for now, later I may adjust for more performance and I'll just be moding it like I would a CRV (but with less room to work with).

Time to park the Lincoln to the carport to make room for the CRV and civic in the garage at same time for a few monthes.

^^^^ original section ^^^^
vvvv updated section vvvv

Click here to see this car's garage
Click here to see this car's gallery

Recent Updates:
  • Updated shopping list
  • Nightly progress reports.
To Do List:
  • Research running B20Z with K-pro setup (told it can't done so that makes me want to even more)
Shopping list: (High Priority, Low Priority)
  • Radio Delete
  • Antenna Delete
  • Grey gauge cluster cover (having to use the black one from the Si for now).
  • Spare set of B-series axles for Integra hubs
Cost log:
See the garage.

Edited by Screech, 23 March 2014 - 07:46 PM.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Update: Hasport Mounts, HF cluster, and cables (throttle, clutch) came in today.

CSPCRX

Sounds like you are going to use the complete B20 out of the CRV. I will warn you that the CRV plenum may not fit under the hood. We dropped a complete B20 out of a CRV into a 2nd Gen CRX and the hood wouldnt even come close to closing. Had to put a B16 type plenum on it. Just something to plan and watch for.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Already aware of this issue. I'm looking for a hood in less than perfect shape, but for the most part straight, so that I can design a "shaker" hood. That way if I decide I don't like it I can remove plenum, plug the hole and put the original hood back on. Been looking at the rubbers around the shaker hoods on some old muscle cars and the newer mach 1s to get an idea of how to handle water. If I don't like the shaker look I may add a cover over the plenum that would look kinda like a cowl induction hood before giving up and putting the original back on.

Edited by Screech, 21 July 2005 - 07:41 AM.

hondafig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
I got a 86 dx hood that you can get real cheap, Arn't you that guy that borrowned the service manual from Jody???
93 Del sol Si (PM7 pistons and just a 50shot)
85 CRX Si (underconstruction)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (hondafig @ Jul 23 2005, 10:26 PM)
I got a 86 dx hood that you can get real cheap, Arn't you that guy that borrowned the service manual from Jody???

I know a Jody and I did get a couple manuals from him about a year ago. If you know Jody that means your local. I've seen your name on performancefreaks too, I'm guessing that is you also seeing as I got up with Jody though PF.

Anyway, what is you idea of real cheap. Also, I don't need it right away so there is no major rush to pull it. It's going to take awhile to get this done, lots of rewiring and some fabrication.

Still not sure if I want to try putting the CRV cluster in the Civic and use at VSS off the tranny or use the HF cluster I got and use its VSS. Need to modify pedels to work with the cruise control if they don't have hookup, going to look at how it was hooked up on the Integra seeing as it is closer in design to the Civic than the CRV.

Oh yeah, got the axles, intermediate shaft and shift linkage in last week. smile.gif

Edited by Screech, 26 July 2005 - 05:59 AM.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (Screech @ Jul 21 2005, 07:39 AM)
Already aware of this issue.  I'm looking for a hood in less than perfect shape, but for the most part straight, so that I can design a "shaker" hood.  That way if I decide I don't like it I can remove plenum, plug the hole and put the original hood back on.  SNIP

I have the following colors of hoods:

blue
black
white
silver

I don't even have CRXs in 2 of those colors!

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'll keep that in mind Keith. First I'll check into the hood that hondafig has, he lives in the same county as I do. If it doesn't work out I'll check with you on that white hood that will match the car.

Edited by Screech, 26 July 2005 - 07:07 PM.

hondafig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
The hood I'm talking aobut is white, and real cheap is 10 bucks and its not going anywhere right now, so when ever you want it or not, thats cool, you should be able to wire your cruise into an integra pedal assembly since its only an open and close switch, I'm imagining that it will fit, when i get a chance I'll check, I got one already off the car if I can remeber where I put it. I know the tilt column out of the integra bolts in the same spots. I think if it will fit or if you can graph it in I think the crv cluster will just give your car that custom look, thats what I would try and your probably gonna need to use it anywayz, if I'm not mistaken the pcm reads off the vss so your gonna need it to work, exsoecially since your using the obdII controler.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Problem with using the pedal assembly from my Integra is that that car is an auto. I intend to have the VSS one way or the other, cause I know I'll need it, even if its just for the cruise control. In the CRV the VSS sending unit as at the tranny. But I've also got an HF cluster incase I want a manual speedo, and in that cluster there is a VSS sending unit. Seeing as the car should be getting the shaker hood keeping the dash looking 100% stock is not that important, although I know that most of the people on this forum would notice an HF cluster most people will never catch that.

hondafig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
How about the pedal assembly out of an automatic 1st gen teg???

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (hondafig @ Jul 28 2005, 09:29 PM)
How about the pedal assembly out of an automatic 1st gen teg???

My Integra is the auto. You know all 86 Sis are manual. smile.gif

hondafig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
is the crv auto or manual, do you need a manual integra pedal assembly?

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (hondafig @ Jul 30 2005, 12:36 PM)
is the crv auto or manual, do you need a manual integra pedal assembly?

The CRV is auto. I've already looked at how the cruise control attaches to the pedals on it, I want to look at how it attaches on the Integra and see which will be easier to add to the Civic.

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
I have manual pedals off of my teg that had cruse control, ill sell them cheap.
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.