Leon - '86 Crx From The Netherlands

• You cannot reply to this topic
107 replies to this topic

LeonL

Keeping it short:

Leon, 23 years old, living in the Netherlands. I have a '89 CRX and a '94 EG.

I should be picking up a first gen crx this weekend. Needs work (like most do). Arches are rotten, some bits are broken/missing. Needs a new windshield etc. Lots of work ahead. But I don't mind a project.

Here are my other rides. Both started as a stock and rusty car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The EG. still a work in progress

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now the one that it is all about.

Posted Image

I will post more details about the car when I actually have it.

Won't be a fast going project, mostly because of the not so easy to find parts. I usually go to the honda dealer for seals/bolts/nuts/bushings etc. But not that much is available as it seems.

Edited by LeonL, 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Nice collection and welcome!

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
nice fleet of hondas you got there

kess

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: RPR member #40. 1987 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si/JRSC
Best of luck sourcing parts for the 1st gen! Looking at what you have done to the other cars I have very high expectations for the 'new' one.

Keep us posted - resto projects are always fun to watch, specially in other countries.
When the Student is ready the Teacher appears...

LeonL

Nice collection and welcome!

Thanks man ;)

nice fleet of hondas you got there

:D thanks

Best of luck sourcing parts for the 1st gen! Looking at what you have done to the other cars I have very high expectations for the 'new' one.

Keep us posted - resto projects are always fun to watch, specially in other countries.

Will keep this updated. Yeah I noticed I might have more luck in the UK for parts (don't have to pay extra import fees when buying parts from the UK)

LeonL

Already found some new OEM parts. New front windshield molding (inner and outer) and a new front H emblem. Not in the Netherlands though, going to pick it up in Belgium.

Edited by LeonL, 16 January 2013 - 02:31 PM.

LeonL

Bought the first gen today. He drove it over here and was at my place at 09.00. I had some plans for today and he didn't mind so.. :D. After I drove him home and covered the paperwork I made a trip to Belgium, a Honda dealer had a brand new front windshield molding, inner and outer 8) , he also had a brand new H front emblem so grabbed that with me as well. Then had to pick up some parts for the EG as well.

Posted Image

So I got back home around 14.00. Had to eat something first :lol: . Then it was time to check out the CRX. First things first, cleaning up the mess. It looks pretty good on the pictures compared to the real thing:

Posted Image

Also noticed a huge pile of water. I wanted to remove the bottom part of the rear seat, but because it is freezing now that part was frozen to the body :lol: . So turned on the heater in the garage and started cleaning the rest so the seat could melt :P. I hope to water was coming in because of the fact those drains from the sunroof where not in those little tube thingies in the back. Somehow they where to short to reach it, so made them longer using some other hoses and hope that is solved.

Posted Image

It is pretty much cleaned up so far. But it was to late to get a decent picture. So that will be the update for tomorrow I guess.

LeonL

Interior loosk better now.

Posted Image

New OEM windshield moldings

Posted Image

This is where the seatbelt should be mounted when it isn't rusted :P

Posted Image

Behind the passenger seat

Posted Image

A bit of rust here.
Posted Image

Almost ready to drive it the Flintstones way.

Posted Image

But on a good note, not so much rust here. Which is a good surprise.

Posted Image

This has been fixed before, but not much, so still in pretty ok condidtion. Minimal work needed here as it seems
Posted Image

LeonL

Sunroof seal holders. Found these faster then the ones for the ED9.

8410667411_d0ab4a3eea_b.jpg

Rear Civic emblem

8410668409_cc165a41b9_b.jpg

And the front H emblem

8410666643_ae104409b5_b.jpg

Rear H emblem already came with in, all the way from Switzerland.

8413417205_78af2a70f3_b.jpg

8414515398_1ac7f0ffb1_b.jpg

Yesterday I went to pick up some parts, fenders, sideskirts, quarter windows, gauge cluster, door caps.
He also had a clean air filter panel laying around. So took that with me as well, since it had no box I figured I'd see what was in the air box today.

This is what I found:
8416676191_51b5a4f842_b.jpg

Some minor rust here. Took the fender of to put on a black one and that being an OEM one.

8416677457_167f36576d_b.jpg

Some white paint here, but nothing to serious. So all in all pretty good actually.

8417772126_425c7cf927_b.jpg

And with the black fender in place.

8416679347_4108424fb7_b.jpg

8416675283_9743403a4d_b.jpg

phenams

damn good luck on finding more parts i wish i cud find some. n lucky u have the side markers n the foglights already. im in look for that. looking forward to ur build.

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
I love NOS parts!

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery

I spy a civic type R

SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

LeonL

damn good luck on finding more parts i wish i cud find some. n lucky u have the side markers n the foglights already. im in look for that. looking forward to ur build.

Thanks man, if you need some of these Stanley markers let me know, think I should be able to get a pair and sent it over to you ;)

I love NOS parts!

Me to, hope to buy some more this week though. Sunroof, sunroof seal, window scraper (thing on top of the door), quarter window seals, boot struts, if all goes well and money lets me :P

I spy a civic type R

Yes FN2 from my dad ;)

RCR-X

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CR-X & 2000 Nissan Frontier se v6

I wish i can put my hands on those clear corner lights :P  by the way nice rides man.

LeonL

If you need a set PM me. And thanks,