Honda Nsx

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element

I have an opportunity to buy the perfect NSX for me. It is a 92 white/black manual with 158,000 miles for 30k. One of the reasons I want one is I believe it will not lose value with age or mileage. what do you think?

Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery

Cars make lousy investments. Put aside $38 million Ferraris, cars suck as an investment. Do not take my word for it, check with ANY financial adviser (You should be your own financial adviser, never take investment advice from anyone who will make a buck off of your investments. But I digress). 

Tell me that you are going to buy this car to love and enjoy it... including driving it like it was meant to be driven. To buy this car and stick it in a garage and only put a few miles on it each year is criminal.

Drive the snot out of it.

And give me a ride in it.

But do not expect to make a killing off it.

Scott

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

I would keep a few things in mind, since it seems like you're buying it as an investment. 

Will you be taking out a loan?  Will you need any of that money immediately?  Will you be able to work on it yourself when parts start needing to be replaced? 

I picture them dropping down to the ~$20k+ range in the next 5-10 years for higher mileage examples like you're looking at. 

If dropping $30k on a toy won't put you in any sort of financial strain, I'd say go for it.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
They are at the point where they are starting to appreciate. A minty one is worth the investment but not of your borrowing the money.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element

I did not end up buying it I offered him 27k and he would not budge. I will get one someday but I hope I will be able to find one like this again.

Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!