Wheel Opinions Requested

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
Normally I do not ask for other folks opinions when it comes to appearance mods, but I cannot seem to decide if these would be good choices or not. Here they are in my current order of preference;
The Hopster

The Salt Flat (also availible in painted grey)

They would be either 15 or 16 inch diameter with widths of 7" in front, and 8" in rear.

The bolt pattern is 5x4.75" which is a common rwd GM pattern.
For reference, here are a couple of pics of the car;

Edited by c25ahatch, 22 December 2004 - 05:19 AM.

tyrone

nice car mate id go for the 1st ones in 15inch they would look well cool

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sorry, but both of those look "too american" for me. i dunno. i do like the ones that are on the car.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic SI racecar, and 86 Civic DX
The ones that are on it make that car!
There's people that dont know and people that don't know they don't KNOW!!

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
I dont care for either of those wheels. As said, they are too "american" looking and would be better suited for a street rod or something. Keep lookin brother.

MandJ

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX; 93 Century
If it must be between those two, the first ones, but they would look more at home on a street rod.

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
Thanks for the input so far. I follow the "too American" vibe, but that is pretty much what I am going to be limitied to. The bolt pattern and offset are the same as most pre 80s rwd GM passenger cars. (ie Nova, Chevelle, Skylark, Monte Carlo, etc, ad naseum) Combine that with a maximum diameter of 16" and I am left with "street rod/muscle car" type wheels.

The wheels on the car now are replicas of the 84-? Corvette wheel. Does'nt get much more "American" than that! wink.gif

I have been totally forgetting about "billet" type wheels though. Companies like Budnik, Colorado Custom, Weld Racing, and the like should have plenty of wheels that would fit. I am sure something will provide the right mix of retro/modern without looking like they came off a '32 Ford Roadster. The search continues!

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
There is a wheel company called "billet specialties" they make some KILLER wheels, but they are expensive.

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
I like the second one, i just dont like the chrome/polished thing.

Julian

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
QUOTE (tyrone @ Dec 22 2004, 08:22 AM)
nice car mate id go for the 1st ones in 15inch they would look well cool

I was gonna say the same thing. Look like the belong on a domestic. I'm sure you can find something out there with the bolt pattern and offset you are limited to.
No more CRX

C8V6C

Just grab some honda oem..........a lot cheaper, and cleaner looking imo

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Dec 22 2004, 01:16 PM)
Just grab some honda oem..........a lot cheaper, and cleaner looking imo

how you gonna bolt that up to a corvette bolt pattern, man!!!

btw, how much you trying to spend? volk racing makes some gawd-awfull sweet looking wheels..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
if they are indeed similar to the corvette wheels, I think a set of 90-92 Camaro RS wheels wouldnt look bad. They should be the same hole pattern and offset. Prolly could happen upon a set of those cheap...

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
TORQUE THRUSTS!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahhahaha but seriously, id experiment with different O.E. corvette and camaro wheels-they are soo cheap but look really good. or also would look really nice are some of those newer gmc sanoma?(the other s-10) wheels look really cool probably good on ur hatch too. then again, there's always torque thrusts. LIST MORE SPECS ABOUT UR CAR :drool:
--zak--
edit: i wanna see how your chassis is supported nono... i wanna see everything get a dig cam and take 1000 pictures of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I beg of you!

Edited by zakats, 22 December 2004 - 03:43 PM.

He who dies with the most toys, wins.