• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

farmercrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx si, 90 crx HF, 80 chev scotsdalu PU, 86 dodge caravan
A local guy is advertising the following for $400:

I have a homemade turbo kit for sale. Comes with manifold, IHI turbo, downpipe, charge pipe, dcm plastic blow off valve.

This kit will fit any d- series motor including 87-89 acura integra, excluding 2001-up civic. To run this kit you will need oil lines, 450cc injectors, oil line T, oil pan drain spout, exhaust flex pipe, fuel management system. I have an apexi V-AFC controller I can throw in for $100 more.

Does anyone have any opinions if this would be a good route to go for turbocharging the D16A1 I am currently running in my 85 CRX Si.

Does the price sound good, reasonable, rip-off?

Any estimates on what the remaining components necessary for the project would run?

How much would it add to the project to add a remote adjustable boost controller?

This would be my first turbo project if I decide to go for it so any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

aaronbrown

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI,90 miata,4 dunebuggies
    • Image Gallery
The price sounds a little high but I,m cheap.I, m basically paying $150 for a T25 2nd gen mitsubishi Turbo ,downpipe,piping,injectors,intercoller, and a used high performance radiator for a 91 civic ,its narrower to fit the turbo. The 50 injectors well work I recommend the 380,s out of the 1 gen mitsubishi turbo model. I have NO IDEA what size the turbo is or if it is even in working order. You,l need a new fuel pump, and I,d prefer the Zdyne computer, and at least 2.5 inch manderal bent exhaust, msd 6al and a motor rebuild. It depends on who you buy the boost controller from and the amount it controls. Buy the book Maximum boost by Corkey Bell about $33. Study it and come to your own conclusions on what you are building the car for. Plus figure that you won,t pass any smog laws, your car would be illegal to drive on the street. Expect to pay $1500 more to get it to run good and reliable(tunable).