Mini Me Question?

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

c1vt3gr4

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 90 crx si...82 cressida w/ 7m-ge motor swap...95 civic coupe w/ 99 integra front end, jdm cluster, mini me turbo 15psi of boost, half built
    • Image Gallery
i wanna know if a mini me will pass smog (state of cali)...b/c that is like a jdm d15 right...or im wrong...if so do i have to make it like an ex or si to pass...lmk....
user posted image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
will it pass visual??? NO...

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
i have done one mini me, i believe the compression raises, it improves the horsepower quite a lot so passing smog might be a problem unless it is tuned or running perfect

it might pass visual, i used a d15b head on a d15b2 block, just depends if your valve covers says "VTEC" on it or not, if it doesn't you might be able to pass if they don't see the vtec solinoid.
user posted image

c1vt3gr4

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 90 crx si...82 cressida w/ 7m-ge motor swap...95 civic coupe w/ 99 integra front end, jdm cluster, mini me turbo 15psi of boost, half built
    • Image Gallery
fuck it i'll just slap a dx head on....i done so many swap and this is my first mini me swap...but thanx...i just wanna know b/c i gotta go to reff for my mini me turbo...
user posted image

Vitamin J

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Hatch w/ swapped built EW3, 1996 Miata
wait, VTEC cars don't pass the visual check?
Posted Image

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
i don't have emmisions here but i am guessing if the block code is a vtec code and it says vtec on the valve cover.....

do the mini me, you just have to take the oil thing out of the block, takes like 2 min, than another hour to put the head on and time it, it is way worth it
user posted image

SLOW_crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx
QUOTE (Vitamin J @ Aug 2 2006, 05:52 PM)

cars without coming originaly with VTEC dont pass visual check.

87 crx no hood

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si zc
QUOTE (Vitamin J @ Aug 2 2006, 02:52 PM)

yes dx block with a z6 head

87 crx no hood

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si zc
QUOTE (SLOW_crx @ Aug 2 2006, 03:03 PM)
cars without coming originaly with  VTEC dont pass visual check.

all civic can pass smog if they have vtech it is the car it is the motor civic ex and si all have vtech

crazi-85crx

Just stick a Y8 non-vtec valve cover on there and disconnect the vtec for the inspection. Then switch the vtec valve cover back on and plug the vtec solenoid back in after the inspection.

They'll never know. ph34r.gif

c1vt3gr4

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
that kinda true...but fucken pigs (cop) getting smarter every year...but still stupid...hahalol...that just might work...
user posted image

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
i dont understand why it wont pass because i mean come on you got a cracked head and had to replace it, i really dont think they will notice

crazi-85crx

Eventhough you did ask a tech related question, unlike most new guys, I should mention that this site is dedicated to 84-87 Honda CRX and Civics. Not 5th gen civics with 'teg clips.

c1vt3gr4

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
yah your right...but i was asking about the4 motor...it also can be in a 84-87 crx or civic...
user posted image

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
Just don't say anything.

Mine passed smog. The visual didn't pass the first time becase there was a plug not plugged in (oil pressure for vtec or something like that I didn't need). I just plugged a plug in and wrapped the into the wiring harness with electrical tape.