• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

Jack ffr1846

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: CRX, YukonXL, 65 Cobra, Mazda6

Update 2/14/09
I have a deposit on the rolling chassis and am holding the major components until late March pickup. I'll update with what's left after that.
thanks for looking...jack

First, pictures in my photobucket
http://s143.photobuc...27/Jackffr1846/

87 CRX-Si. Not a street car, roadrace. I ran it 6 years, previous owner (builder) ran it 6 years. Garaged between race days and last 3 years transported in enclosed trailer. Rolling chassis (your wheels $1500....which was the cost of the cage alone)

The car ran SCCA ITA first and has ALL the legal upgrades allowed for that. I bought it and further modified and lightened it to run in Prepared C with COM. Weighed 1600 pounds track ready. Engine/tranny sold. Koni shortened struts, 500#/in rear springs, maximum (Either 27.5 or 29mm) front struts, Full Integra non-boosted brake system. The car was set up to handle and brake. It ran faster lap times than an E30 M3 (I compared the times with my 2 track records in an M3 before buying the car). That's with a 90hp D15 motor!

Body is stock appearance (I had to keep the silhouette of a stock car) with heavy components removed (bumper beams, door beams, inner door structure/windows/front lights/dash/wiring that's not needed). Stock hood and 5 pound home made aluminum hood included. Hatch is stock structure with all mechanisms removed....1 hood pin to hold down....plexi window.....Never weighed, but I'd estimate 12-15 pounds (stock if 50).

B series stuff:
I started with a complete, running driving 94 GSR motor. Now separated head/block to make poor man's type R.
Also started with a complete running broken B16A vtec motor that I ran in a swapped DA on the track one day to prove out.
Tranny is a cable unit from the DA with complete rebuild from Chang at FunHondas and new Quaife LSD installed (cost me $2k)
Complete wiring harness to run the car as either the 94 GSR or the B16A
Axles up the ying yang. From Integras, Civics, etc.
Swap mounts to put B series into the CRX (try finding these....you won't)
Wheels and tires....13x7 circle racing aluminums (9pounds each) with 225-45-13 Hoosiers (6 of them) plus set of phone dials with rain tires and several other random wheels with whoknowswhat on them.

I will part out and sell stuff separately. I don't want to sell something like 1 piston, but I will sell a head or block assembled complete. Any major component is certainly for sale.

If you want it all, give me $5k
I can deliver.

Car is in Hopkinton,Ma on a 4 post lift, so you can look over whatever you want. I have a ton of spare stuff, so if you need something, ask.

jack

Edited by Jack ffr1846, 14 February 2009 - 11:07 AM.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
interested in:

running driving 94 GSR motor. Now separated head/block to make poor man's type R.
Also started with a complete running broken B16A vtec motor that I ran in a swapped DA on the track one day to prove out.
Tranny is a cable unit from the DA with complete rebuild from Chang at FunHondas and new Quaife LSD installed (cost me $2k)
Complete wiring harness to run the car as either the 94 GSR or the B16A

price via PM please.