i dont know if you saw but i pm'd you

i pmed you back..lol

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
(mentex24) payment sent... biggrin.gif ..thanks alot for your support for these community...
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

monkeey

• Banana Powered Monkey
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 Honda Fit Sport, 1987 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
    • Image Gallery
biggrin.gif money sent !

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Bout time for some intsall pictures. The install is pretty easy, directions will be now on the first post.

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
BEEFYYYY..... tongue.gif
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
anyone got driving impressions?
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kaymo @ Jun 4 2011, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this a retorical question? Sorry if I dont understand but, I dont believe that a harder bushing is going to cause "driving impressions" into the strut tower as the shock is what takes the force of the road, not the bushing, as does the spring. Just as an example, look at the people who are running caster/camber plates that dont even have a bushing on them at all, they only have bearings. Im 100% confident that a stiffer bushing like the ones i have made wont cause damage to the car, unless your shock mounts are rusted right out, then again, not the fault of the bushing, but of rust.

Cahithapower:

Im know they look really beefy, but they are the same size width and height, it just lacks the taper that you see with a stock bushing. which is entirely unnecessary.

sxpkpower

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX HF, 85 CRX SI, 84 CRX D16A1 swap, 76 Scirocco, 90 Firebird, 70 Charger R/T, 87 V8 S10
Sent money for two sets

Thanks

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kaymo @ Jun 4 2011, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jun 4 2011, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this a retorical question? Sorry if I dont understand but, I dont believe that a harder bushing is going to cause "driving impressions" into the strut tower as the shock is what takes the force of the road, not the bushing, as does the spring. Just as an example, look at the people who are running caster/camber plates that dont even have a bushing on them at all, they only have bearings. Im 100% confident that a stiffer bushing like the ones i have made wont cause damage to the car, unless your shock mounts are rusted right out, then again, not the fault of the bushing, but of rust.

Chedda,

I think he was asking what the car feels like after the install. More solid or are they stiff, etc as in what is your impression of the new feel to the suspension. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (strudel @ Jun 4 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chedda,

I think he was asking what the car feels like after the install. More solid or are they stiff, etc as in what is your impression of the new feel to the suspension. JS

Sorry, i thought he may of ment this as well, this is why i appologized before returning my answer.

IMHO the car feels to have less way back in forth, due to the fact that the new bushings limit the amount of hinge in the pocket. Obviously it isnt going to make a dramatic difference, but it is a very good upgrade. I think, if you are serious about making the car feel stiffer in the corners with less body roll, these bushings will help you achieve this, but remember one single upgrade doesnt make the car amazing. It is a good start tho, and a good replacement for the car enthusiast looking to ugrade the soft ratty rubber bushings with something way better.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
well the idea behind rubber bushings in the first place i believe is to absorb a bit of harshness in the already low suspension. i do noticed the amount of deflection in these bushings, but figured that my springs and shocks are so stiff that it will probably be a little nicer in a DD to have the rubber there VS going stiffer. of course replacing these would mean the shock absorbs all of the bad stuff instead of the rubber bushings. how this translates to driving is what i am interested in. is it noticably harsher? does it seem to work the shocks more?
"IMHO the car feels to have less way back in forth, due to the fact that the new bushings limit the amount of hinge in the pocket."

im sorry but this doesnt make any sense to me. gonna have to reword that one for me lol
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
The rear axle is solid, it moves up and down, but you can take the body and shift it over top of the axle to some extent because the shocks are mounted in a very soft rubber bushing. It seems to actually pivot because they are so soft, the rubber flexes, and the car moves back and forth. With a stiffer bushing, it will prevent most of this twisting. I know that the panhard bar infact obsorbs most of this movement that im talking about

And yes your right, the shock does work a little more, but its only minutely more. If anything, it feels more fluid. Heres a picture to help explain.

The arrows show movement from left to right, transfering from the tires, to the axle, to the panhard bar. Because the bottom of the shock has a bushing that will flex, as i have tested. When you install your new shocks, you can move the shock from side to side in the axle mount fairly easily just by hand, nevermind the weight of a car going around a corner at .5g. Now, from what ive realized, i could of infact upgraded the lower suspension bushing aswell, but i wanted to leave a little play there so not to stress/fatigue the mount. Anyways, with all that pressure into the panhardbar, the axle will shift from side to side under the body of the car, again as i tested with simple shaking excersises. Now you may say that the trailing arms actually limit any movement left to right, but again, the stock bushings are fairly soft and do move. I would like to upgrade these aswell with poly, but im guessing that it would be a personal thing, as i dont think there is a market for it.

With a very stiff suspension setup, that your already upset about how rough it is, im not going to recomend you upgrade these bushings because you might even hate your life a little more. If your ok with stiff suspension, and a stiff feel, as i am, then these are a great item.

Oh and to add, again, think of front suspension systems that have caster plates with no bushing at all. I know it is infact rough, but performance wise, its worth it, as i feel the rear bushings are.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jun 5 2011, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you may say that the trailing arms actually limit any movement left to right, but again, the stock bushings are fairly soft and do move. I would like to upgrade these aswell with poly, but im guessing that it would be a personal thing, as i dont think there is a market for it.

I disagree!

EDIT: money sent
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 5 2011, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree!

EDIT: money sent

Well then, when i make mine, maybe il make a set for you? Btw, thanks for the payment, everyone.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Payment sent.

Question, are the installed pics early pics with just the upper bushing installed or updated pics with both upper and lower bushings in place?