89 Crx D16Y7 Swap Problems

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

saedwardsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86' civic si
I just bought a 89 crx that has a d16y7(only block and head)swap. When I got it it was running good but needed new head gasket and all the things that in with changing one. The head gasket was not bad just needed to replace it. It was never ran hot, so the head was good no cracks or anything. So I changed the head and all other gaskets no problem, started it up and was running smooth. But noticed the spark plug wires jumping up cause the guy before me had the wrong ones in. So I changed them out with the rt ones then one of my fuel injectors popped and the plastic somehow minutely bent a valve on the number 2 cylinder, so I took the head back off and decided to just change all the valves and did so. Now I have good compression on all cylinder s, but it's still seeming like it's misfiring a little , when I took for a drive it was bogging down in 1st, checked the exhaust and tightened everything so that's good, did my valve adjustment and when I went to crank it again to check out my valve adjustment my freaking ignition went out (which I knew was going out cause the key would good stuck and was bent a little) so that's where I'm stuck at any help with why it's not running correctly? I need some line outside opinions on this matter as I'm stumped on why! Could this be a bad distributor? Or could the bad ignition be the root of all my problems cause the car isn't off by much. And I'm 95 % sure my timing is rt but how would I double check to make sure my timing is rt. I Hope this made sense to someone and could drop me some knowledge on this, thanks and any input would be greatful

saedwardsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Could this be due to a weak or bad ignition coil I'm wondering? Or something going on with my ecu? Like I said I'm a Lil stumped on this and any thoughts would be helpful.
Here's what I've replaced=
All valves are new
Distributor is new
Spark plugged and wires new
Two of 4 new fuel injectors
Timing belt new
Clutch new
Drive belt new
Radiators new

saedwardsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Could this be due to a weak or bad ignition coil I'm wondering? Or something going on with my ecu? Like I said I'm a Lil stumped on this and any thoughts would be helpful.
Here's what I've replaced=
All valves are new
Spark plugged and wires new
Two of 4 new fuel injectors
Timing belt new
Clutch new
Drive belt new
Radiators new