Innovative Motor Mounts?

• You cannot reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si, 00 Integra GSR (Stolen), 01 E55 AMG (sold), 07 Audi A4 S-Line
    Garage View Garage
yea hasport driver side mount is located in front of the engine i think it uses the holes where the AC bracket usually is. Innovative uses the original engine bracket/post.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Are you guys sure the mount doesnt just mount strait to the block, catching the P/S braket holes. Or uses the original EW block bracket.

Or possibly the 2 bolt Drivers Timing Cover Mount from the 94+ B-series, but i dont know why.

From Left to Right, Transmission upper mount
Passanger Frame Rail Bracket to catch Transmission Upper
Rear Mount drops over the rear crossmember just like the factory
Drivers Upper mount.

Note: The hasport catchs the P/S Pump Bolt Holes
Posted Image

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si, 00 Integra GSR (Stolen), 01 E55 AMG (sold), 07 Audi A4 S-Line
    Garage View Garage
ok i just off the phone with Tim at innovative mounts (nice guy) i sent him pictures of the post/engine mount between the timing belt... well the post mount i got is off a 94 and up honda I NEED THE ONES OFF THE 90-93 TEG! they guy i bought it off of was so sure it was from a DA too mad.gif I even asked him to be sure. Tim told me the way he could tell this is the newer post bracket is because the two top holes are threaded, where the older ones has only one that is threaded.

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
QUOTE (olskurida @ Apr 28 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lining both holes up

Mount looks off

SO my question is, is this the WRONG Innovative motor mount or I have the WRONG engine Bracket?

we did not have an issue here we used a 92 b18 a1 integra side mount and it aligned perfectly but we had to drill new holes and weld the innovative mounts to get the engine to tilt foreword.

i would say you need to go to a junk yard and try out other b series side mount brackets.
Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

brian g

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: Honda
QUOTE (olskurida @ Apr 28 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mount looks off

SO my question is, is this the WRONG Innovative motor mount or I have the WRONG engine Bracket?

It's not the mount, it's the bracket. You have the 99 Si style bracket and you need the 90-93 Integra (or EF9) style.

And don't you know Hasport makes a hydro conversion for the 84-87?

brian g
www.hasport.com

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: me up the wall
QUOTE (olskurida @ Apr 28 2009, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... she "Innovative" would put me on hold and come back on and ask for my number so she can call me back, she never calls me back mad.gif

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM AMUNGST AUTHORIZED DEALERS AS WELL!!!

I for one demand, "we" the authoritive community of 1st gen CRX and 3rd gen Civic builders/enthusiasts, make a stand and call out INNOVATIVE and HASPORT on such related matters.

I mean seriously where else will you find a larger group than here on RPR who make up the largest percentage of 3rd gen and 1st gen builders.
INNOVATIVE & HASPORT should be all over these forums with endless amounts of tech support!!!

Besides, there are plenty of swapped 1st gen & 3rd gen users on the forums here, I wounder what they did for their swaps???

If a rep from either motor mount company does come in to the thread, contact us!!!
(wishfull thinking, huh? LOL!)
[email protected]

EDIT!!!
I just read the entire thread again carefully.

QUOTE (olskurida @ Apr 27 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi
i need some help, so im in the process of a b16 swap but my driver side mount is not fitting right. its the mount that goes to the engine mount between the timing belt. anyways the shop i bought it for said i need a DA engine mount/bracket/post so I bought one off a guy on honda-tech, i got it today and it's exactly like the one on my engine! blink.gif can someone help!

Sounds to me like you got dicked on Honda-Tech.
...some people just never learn.

In support of retail shops across the country, this here is a PRIME reason why you should establish a good relation with a shop.
You may have saved a few bucks at first purchasing used items on Honda-Tech or Ebay for that matter.
But is it worth the headaches, frustration, delays and extra money spent on reording parts???

Edited by JEM MotorSports, 02 May 2009 - 09:48 PM.

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I agree, the companies selling the parts, needs to give feedback for us.

I have bought the b-series mount kit that Innovative makes, thru the Swapshop.com seller.....

I bought them Feb 2nd, and I still have not received them, and today is May 3rd.

Why does it take over 3 months to fab and send these brackets out to me????
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

SuperTwinz

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
Here's a sneak peek of Hasport's new mount kit called the AVB2 that uses all billet mounts for cable or hydro swaps. Pictured is the hydro kit:

More updates coming soon.
IG: supertwinz

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
QUOTE (SuperTwinz @ May 4 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a sneak peek of Hasport's new mount kit called the AVB2 that uses all billet mounts for cable or hydro swaps. Pictured is the hydro kit:

More updates coming soon.

LOL IM ALREADY INTERESTED >>>>.............im not gonna say anything ..............lol

keithg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: SCCA FP/GTL 1985 Honda CRX (EW)
QUOTE (Airjockie @ May 3 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, the companies selling the parts, needs to give feedback for us.

I have bought the b-series mount kit that Innovative makes, thru the Swapshop.com seller.....

I bought them Feb 2nd, and I still have not received them, and today is May 3rd.

Why does it take over 3 months to fab and send these brackets out to me????

I own Hasport and visit this site daily and comment when ever I have something constructive to add.
I try not to comment on other people's mount kits and try to provide support for Hasport's.
The AFB/AVB B-16 mounts are in stock and on the shelf for use with either the cable clutch trans or the hydro clutch trans.
We have sold a few of the hydro kits already and I have a set in my own road race car.

Keith Gillespie
Hasport Performance
www.hasport.com

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (keithg @ May 5 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own Hasport and visit this site daily and comment when ever I have something constructive to add.
I try not to comment on other people's mount kits and try to provide support for Hasport's.
The AFB/AVB B-16 mounts are in stock and on the shelf for use with either the cable clutch trans or the hydro clutch trans.
We have sold a few of the hydro kits already and I have a set in my own road race car.

I don't see it on the website... am I missing something?

EDIT: I see they the hydro conversion is available with purchase of a new kit, anything for current hasport owners? I'm not 100% on what transmission I will be getting next but if the hydro mount/and or bracket were available for a stated price, I can incorporate that into my decision making as I do, really, need a new transmission soon.

Edited by zakats, 05 May 2009 - 10:05 AM.

He who dies with the most toys, wins.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yea just being able to buy AFB Hydro mount and whatever else it needs to work correctly, would be a real big plus. The hydro transmissions are getting cheeper and now that cables are getting harder to find, using the hasport cable/hyrdo conversion with the AFB-Hydro mount would be a good step in the right direction if/when i shell the cables.
Posted Image

keithg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: SCCA FP/GTL 1985 Honda CRX (EW)
QUOTE (keithg @ May 5 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot to mention that you guys are so knowledgable that any questions people have about our products are usually already answered (correctly) before I have a chance to comment, so I usually don't have anything to add.

The left hand mount and rear mount are unchanged and we can do the new (hydro) right hand billet mount and steel bracket for $199 for the pair.

Thanks for your comments and support.

Keith Gillespie
Hasport Performance
www.hasport.com

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
I think its cool that Keith is on here, man i remember you talking about making the hydro mounts a few months back but i wasnt sure if it went anywhere. the new mounts looks NICE. $199 is a good price considering the amount time and money to re-fab my steel ones dry.gif . Oh well too late gotta work with what i got.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
ok keith, where are the mounts to put this 350 in my crx? why haven't you made these yet? huh? HUH? yeah thats what i thought.

its good to hear that the owner of HASPORT is a lurker on our CRX forums. heh

i know someone put a quad4 engine in a crx, but here's a couple swaps i would find very interesting.

86-89 accord A20 (if there was actually aftermarket for that engine and trans, because it was a great motor)

5 cyl Acura Vigor... just because its weird and looks like a DPFI d15 with one too many cyl.

2.2 turbo out of a Mazda MX6. probably too heavy tho

and of course, a subaru 2.5 turbo awd

QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol: