Innovative Motor Mounts?

• You cannot reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si, 00 Integra GSR (Stolen), 01 E55 AMG (sold), 07 Audi A4 S-Line
    Garage View Garage
hi
i need some help, so im in the process of a b16 swap but my driver side mount is not fitting right. its the mount that goes to the engine mount between the timing belt. anyways the shop i bought it for said i need a DA engine mount/bracket/post so I bought one off a guy on honda-tech, i got it today and it's exactly like the one on my engine! blink.gif can someone help!?

thanks

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
QUOTE (olskurida @ Apr 27 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi
i need some help, so im in the process of a b16 swap but my driver side mount is not fitting right. its the mount that goes to the engine mount between the timing belt. anyways the shop i bought it for said i need a DA engine mount/bracket/post so I bought one off a guy on honda-tech, i got it today and it's exactly like the one on my engine! blink.gif can someone help!?

thanks

you need the 1999-2000 b series civic si rear mount. however even with that ours did not fit right so we had to modify the to front mounts.

Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
real innovative huh?
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si, 00 Integra GSR (Stolen), 01 E55 AMG (sold), 07 Audi A4 S-Line
    Garage View Garage
yea i got that rear T-bracket mount off a 2000 SI its part number 50827-s04-n10 but what im talking about is that little engine bracket that goes between the timing belt. I was told that part number is 11910-PR3-010.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
This is from your Project page. You don't use the OEM mount from a B16 in a 1G/3G unless you want to weld in your own bracket on the frame rail which can be done. You have a couple of choices. Use your old drivers side mount. You will have to grind away some of the inside lip to bypass the timing cover. It will mount to the 3 holes under the #1 exhaust port to the right of the dipstick. Or get something like the Hasport system or I think a company called Innovative or build your own. Hope that helps a bit. JS

Hasport CRX application $500+
Innovative Mounts

You could use the OEM B16 engine mount location and build a right angled mount to fit into your existing bracket as an alternative. How are you at weird fabrication?

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
im not sure about innovative's design but i know hasport and that other brand ( ph34r.gif ) B series mounts bolt the front drivers side mount to the front of the block. if memory serves me correctly, doesnt innovative make the mount bolt to the stock location between the timing belt and then extend forward to the civic/crx frame mounting point? if this is the kit im thinking of, there is no stock mount pieces used here, just the one innovative mount
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
haha no I already got Innovative's kit I was test fitting it onto the engine and the driver side mount was way off. it wasnt even parallel with the block at all. Here is a link to show you what im talking about (its number 8 in the picture)

http://www.acuraauto...amp;view=normal

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
QUOTE (crxls @ Apr 28 2009, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im not sure about innovative's design but i know hasport and that other brand ( ph34r.gif ) B series mounts bolt the front drivers side mount to the front of the block. if memory serves me correctly, doesnt innovative make the mount bolt to the stock location between the timing belt and then extend forward to the civic/crx frame mounting point? if this is the kit im thinking of, there is no stock mount pieces used here, just the one innovative mount

thats correct the innovative mounts use the stock mounting location witch is beneficial if you you want ac. however they dont fit perfect. your's fit much better but occupy the ac mounting location like the hasports.
Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (olskurida @ Apr 28 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha no I already got Innovative's kit I was test fitting it onto the engine and the driver side mount was way off. it wasnt even parallel with the block at all. Here is a link to show you what im talking about (its number 8 in the picture)

http://www.acuraauto...amp;view=normal

That's the part I meant as well. Won't work unless you fabricate it to mount to the Civic frame rail bracket or install a new frame rail bracket to match it's location. The easiest is to use the Civic engine mount and bolt it to the front of the B16 block. You have to modify it ala Kakabox style. Check his thread. JS

I actually never looked at this picture. You say it doesn't line up. Looks like the way I'd more or less want to fabricate it. Take some pictures and post them. It would be interesting to see what the problem is. JS
nd

Edited by strudel, 28 April 2009 - 02:22 AM.

aan.jpg

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
QUOTE (84b18 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats correct the innovative mounts use the stock mounting location witch is beneficial if you you want ac. however they dont fit perfect. your's fit much better but occupy the ac mounting location like the hasports.

thats the exact reason why i went with hasport, fitting is perfict. its jus a lil more money and its worth it. im glad i spet the money for em

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
yea hasport is a lot nicer and only $100 more for Billet and Innovative only offers it in steel but i went with Innovative because I am doing a hydro tranny and both kits are for cable trannys so i will be cutting these mounts up. I figure Steel would be cheaper and easier to cut and weld than Billet. ill post pictures in a bit

Thanks

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Ok here are some pictures hope you guys can help me tongue.gif
Here is the Innovative mount im test fitting

If you look closely and compare it to the picture that Strudel posted a few post up they are a little bit different. this one only has one plate (where is mounts to the engine) vs the two plate design on the picture, i figure they just redesigned to save some money.

This is where it goes

notice how the motor mount is parallel to the engine

Test fit

Only one hole lines up when i try to keep the mount parallel to the engine

So i flip it upside down

Holes go in but the mount is way off!

So i tried it with bracket thats off the engine

keeping the mount parallel only one hole lines up

lining both holes up

Mount looks off

SO my question is, is this the WRONG Innovative motor mount or I have the WRONG engine Bracket?

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
you dont by chance have a later D series mount for that side lying about do you? for some reason i want to say that it's two studs are more offset like the holes in your innovative mount...

just a thought. man that sucks...
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

olskurida

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
no d series around, im going to try and call innovative AGAIN dry.gif . this lady/girl always picks up and i try to explain it to her and she would put me on hold and come back on and ask for my number so she can call me back, she never calls me back mad.gif

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
The mounts look nicely made. Powder coated by the look. Try this out. Take the timing side mount and park it in its spot on the frame rail with the bolt inserted to keep it snug. Now take the part from the engine and attach it into its 2 holes. Then take a look at it if you can determine if it gives the impression that it might be in the corrct location on the engine itself. I doubt that there is another application this would fit onto. But having said that in a side by side comparison they do look different. JS

I have another idea. Did they send any instructions with the kit? I just looked at their site again and compared the 84-87 B16 picture with the 88-91 Civic B16 picture. The glaring difference is that one mount is missing in the later. How many mounts does the B16 normally have, 3 or 4? I believe both Civics only have 3 OEM mount locations. Am I correct in that assumption? If so, then the fourth mount in your kit looks like it may be a bolt on for the Civic frame rail and then you insert the engine mount into it. Is this perhaps a logical assumption. If you have all the parts as in the picture try that out and see if it lines up. If so, then it is a bolt and weld on affair from what I can tell. Unfortunately you have to orientate it perfectly fore/aft to make it work right.

If that's not the case then it may be then that bracket may be for the rear mount. But it doesn't look right either. Let me know what you think of my hypothesis. JS

EDIT: OK I'm wrong. The bracket shown is for the transmission side. Here is the Hasport version and it makes sense to me now. Black bracket holds the transmission mount on bottom right. It gets mounted on frame rail. Center is the rear mount. Two on the left are the drives side mount for the front of the block. JS

aan.jpg