c25ahatch's Content

There have been 132 items by c25ahatch (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#199375 3g Civic Roof Spoiler

Posted by c25ahatch on 18 October 2005 - 09:38 PM in General Posts

I have one as well. I purchased it from another member here. It is in excellent condition as far as making a mold is concerned. I am looking into two options. Fiberglass is one, and a roto-molded plastic is the second. For that matter, CF-1 will do carbon fiber, but they are not close to me. If and when I get some information, I will let you all know.

#197947 I Didn't Know Honda Made A Turbo Engine

Posted by c25ahatch on 10 October 2005 - 10:49 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (rexsk8er @ Oct 10 2005, 04:38 PM)
hey this motor would go into c25hatch's car easily. he should see this! i remember him posting some info about them from jdm land, and it would be awesome to seee him use that with alot of boost or something.

I looked into it a while back. The variable vanes on the turbo are controlled by the ECU, which are virtually impossible to find at this point. You can retrofit a a different turbo, but I would rather start with a 2.7 and build my own turbo system. I am picking up a 2.7 in the next couple of weeks. Just need to find the time to run down to Oregon.

More info about the c20a turbo can be found here;
http://dwolsten.trip...les/jan89a.html

*edit* It seems the ebay engine does have an ECU. Very interesting!

#188569 Picture

Posted by c25ahatch on 13 August 2005 - 11:11 PM in General Posts

Makes sense to me. Small diameter lower profile wheels/tires on the driven end of the car to effectively change the final drive ratio, improving acceleration. The rears I would assume to be your standard street rims/tires. If I am correct, I would recommend putting small diameter, narrow rear tires on as they would save you some rotational mass and theoretically improve acceleration as well.

#188568 Anyone Up For A Meet In Washington?

Posted by c25ahatch on 13 August 2005 - 11:02 PM in Meets

Any pictures to rub it in with? I would have really liked to have been there.

#188395 Anyone Up For A Meet In Washington?

Posted by c25ahatch on 12 August 2005 - 11:24 PM in Meets

QUOTE (85SiHybrid @ Aug 12 2005, 09:20 PM)
well tomorrow is the day, hope to see you guys there.

Cj

sad.gif Big suprise. Something has come up and I cannot make it. Next local meet that gets posted, I am keeping my mouth shut. It seems every time I commit to going, life gets in the way. Hope you guys have a blast. Make sure to post pics!

#187984 Anyone Up For A Meet In Washington?

Posted by c25ahatch on 11 August 2005 - 02:13 AM in Meets

I will be there. No dyno runs for me though (although that is an exceptional deal, think he'll give a raincheck?). I have an undiagnosed noise from the right rear wheel and do not want to take any chances. Wish I had the time and garage space to diagnose and fix it, but it is not a possibility at the moment.

#184181 Lapping Day At Pacific Raceway

Posted by c25ahatch on 21 July 2005 - 02:25 AM in Meets

The NW Alfa Romeo Club is hosting a track day at Pacific Raceway on the 18th. A really great bunch of folks, and any brand of car is welcome. Previous track experience is required. For details check out this link. The links on that page should answer any other questions. Hope to see a few of you there!

#183818 Fs: Sparco Reclinable Road Seats

Posted by c25ahatch on 18 July 2005 - 11:29 PM in FS

I am interested. I am just south of you in Washington. I will send you a PM.....

#183773 Fg Replica 3g 'oem' Spoilers?

Posted by c25ahatch on 18 July 2005 - 07:57 PM in General Posts

Well, I honestly have no idea on pricing yet. I will hopefully be able to take it out to the shop later this week. I figure the more pieces made, the cheaper it would get. I will post it up as soon as I know more. I would think the C I V I C lettering will be there, but I will make sure before saying yes. If this proceeds, I would need a firm commitment from interested parties (ie; a down payment) as I cannot afford to pay everything up front.

#183601 Fg Replica 3g 'oem' Spoilers?

Posted by c25ahatch on 17 July 2005 - 08:45 PM in General Posts

Every time one of these is up for sale, or mentioned, there seems to be quite an interest in having replicas made. I recently procured one from another RPR member that is in spectacular shape. Given its age, I would say 9 out of ten. I also happen to know of a small local company that specializes in fiberglass reproductions of '32 Ford roadsters and coupes. I intend on taking the spoiler down and getting a price worked out to do a run of these. Anyone interested?

FWIW, I also know of a carbon fiber place that could do the job also. The big problem there is that they are not located near me. I figure it would be marginally cheaper to do fg anyway, which should be more appealing to the masses. Either way, it should come out much lighter than the stock piece's rather portly 20 lbs.

#183420 Anyone Up For A Meet In Washington?

Posted by c25ahatch on 16 July 2005 - 02:24 PM in Meets

From the looks of the poll, it appears as though Olympia is the spot. I recall someone mentioning meeting up in front of the Capitol building which sounds like a great spot to me. Time-wise, how does noon sound? Does that give everyone enough time to get there?

#182206 Rare Book?

Posted by c25ahatch on 11 July 2005 - 04:00 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jul 11 2005, 03:48 PM)
Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but I will tell you the secret of tuning old Hondas.

Get more fuel and air (in the correct ratio) into your cylinders. Get the exhaust out.

Now swear that you will keep the secret.

I figure that I just saved you $50. Send me half of that for my trouble.

Scott

Umm, the point is that it is filled with pictures of the cars that we all love. I am not interested in using it as a step by step tuning guide.

#182195 Rare Book?

Posted by c25ahatch on 11 July 2005 - 03:35 PM in General Posts

I was at the Portland Historic races over the weekend and came across a vendor selling rare and out of print books related to cars and motorsports. I asked if he had anything Honda. He produced a Motorbooks Ltd book (I am sure you all have seen them before, usually titled "How To ________").

At first, I figured it was one of the commonly availible editions you can find at any bookstore with information alsmost strictly relating to 92+ models. I quickly realized my mistake as I perused the pages. S800's, 1st-4th Gen Civics, CRXs, early Preludes, and more! I flipped to the inside front cover and checked the date. Sure enough, 1990! I told him I would take it.

He was about to ring it up when he noticed a post-it stuck inside. Apparently it is extremely hard to find, and the post-it was a reminder of this along with a price; $50.00. He put it on hold for me and is going to double check on the rarity. I am looking forward to hearing from him!

#182156 Anyone Up For A Meet In Washington?

Posted by c25ahatch on 11 July 2005 - 12:57 PM in Meets

I vote for early-mid August. Say the weekend of the 13th through 15th?

#181853 I Cant Believe This

Posted by c25ahatch on 09 July 2005 - 10:50 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (speedfreak198420 @ Jul 9 2005, 10:19 AM)
Hey all, i came across this and rememberd the post about the JDM ashtray comic .

Check this out.  JDM ashtray

If it were actually JDM, wouldn't "NO SMOKING" be written in Japanese? We should have stickers made up with the Japanese translation for 'SUCKER' and stick them on various parts to sell on Ebay.

#181787 Light Drive Train

Posted by c25ahatch on 09 July 2005 - 01:10 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (Ryland @ Jul 8 2005, 11:45 PM)
What about those of us who want to keep stock cam timing, can we replace the cast iron cam sprocket with an alloy one without going to an adjustable one?

You could just use adjustables and not adjust them.
QUOTE (Ryland @ Jul 8 2005, 11:45 PM)
I find replacing alot of the faseners with some Stainless steel, but mostly cro-moly, to both dress it up a bit, and reduce the number of broken faseners I have from trying to reach proper tourq.

If you reach proper torque, you should not be breaking any fasteners unless they are defective or damaged in some way. That is what torque specifications are for.

Generally, I think the minor gain you would see versus the headache and expense of finding Ti fasteners would probably not be worth it over all. I would suggest reducing friction in the engine by having dry film lubrication applied to various moving parts instead. Not only should it theoretically free up a few horsepower, it should greatly extend the service life of the components. I had this done to the internals of the transaxle in my track car, and was so impressed with the change in feel I had all the parts in the new engine done as well.

For some information on this coating (along with various other ceramic coatings) check out Performance Coatings webpage. They are here in Washington state, but a similiar service is probably availible in most states.

#181782 :::rpr's Hottest 3rd Gens!:::

Posted by c25ahatch on 09 July 2005 - 12:40 AM in Appearance

Although it apparently does not look the same anymore, I like lofreq's hatch;

Might as well throw one of mine in there too,

#180799 Dodge Srt-4

Posted by c25ahatch on 04 July 2005 - 04:15 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (firstgencrxsi @ Jul 2 2005, 05:38 PM)
Am I the only true automotive enthusiast here? 

Agreed. Why is it that most people cannot appreciate a wide variety of cars? The 80's were a lackluster time to be a newer car enthusiast (I am being realistic here, even if it ruffles some feathers on this 80's dedicated board, and two of my three vehicles were built in the 80's). We are living in a golden age when it comes to automobile quality and performance, and a suprising number of people seem to take it for granted, or even worse find it offensive in some way. If I were willing to go into debt for car ownership the decision on which car I would purchase would be an agonizing one. Even the short list of likely candidates seems to go on for ever, and that list does include the SRT-4.

The SRT-4 is an exceptional value as a car generally and an even better bargain considering its extrodinary performance, both in a straight line and on the race track. For proof, refer to recent issues of GRM and there efforts with an SRT-4 in the auto-x arena. Additionally, the Neon was not exactly a slouch prior to the release of the SRT-4 version. The ACR version dominated in its respective class when new.

I guess the point is that I would like to see more people open their eyes to the possibilities out there. There is a strong chance that dramatically increasing fuel costs will yet again cut into the overall performance being offered in vehicles, let alone the inevitable replacement of the standard internal combustion engine with hybrids and alternate fueled vehicles. When that happens, we will all be reminiscing about the 'good ole days' just like our parents (and grandparents?) do about the performance cars of the 60's. Enjoy it while it lasts!

#180491 Grm $2005 Challenge

Posted by c25ahatch on 01 July 2005 - 11:37 PM in Competition

How many of the half dozen 1g CRXs and 3g Civics are board members? I have seen numerous mentions of GRM $200* Challenge cars under construction, but do not know the status of them. Just call it curiousity. There were also four 2g/4gs. All the above finished in the top two thirds of the field.

#179401 How To Drive

Posted by c25ahatch on 27 June 2005 - 03:33 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (eldo @ Jun 27 2005, 02:56 AM)
Good reading, Luke.

Agreed.

#179400 Favorite/hottest Tv Actress

Posted by c25ahatch on 27 June 2005 - 03:21 AM in Off-Topic

Vanessa Marcil from "Vegas", and some soap opera.

(sorry for the extra large picture)

#179193 New Fuel Tank

Posted by c25ahatch on 26 June 2005 - 01:52 AM in General Posts

The fuel tank is not something that could easily be replaced with something off the shelf. The filler neck comes up through the mount for the spare tire. It doesn't matter much either way, the new tank was already built when I posted this thread. It is actually in the car at this point.

Now I just need to determine where the rear lower control arm bushings were sourced from. I think they were Corvette pieces to match up to the hubs. Actually, does anyone have a picture handy of a close to stock 3g rear control arm and hub assembly?

#179007 New Fuel Tank

Posted by c25ahatch on 24 June 2005 - 09:48 PM in General Posts

Since purchasing my Civic it has had a strong raw fuel smell. It was bad enough that I could not park it in the garage or the kitchen and living room would reek of gas by morning. (Don't worry, I bought a car cover so it has not been exposed to the elements) Obviously fuel leaks are a very bad thing, especially when your fuel tank is in the front and the engine is in the rear.

I perfer to do work on my vehicles myself, but in this case I felt better entrusting the repairs to someone more experienced. I was hoping it was just a bad fuel line or the like, but it turns out it was a little more involved than that. To make a long story short, the tank was beyond saving.

Being as the tank was hand made, the new one was not cheap. Considering the amount of work that went into building the car, I definately feel it was justified spending the money. The fact that I no longer have to worry about the car catching on fire is a huge load off my mind as well. I look forward to picking it up and getting to drive it again! I am having withdrawals.

(For those that follow the link, don't let the name fool you. They work on everything, not just 4x4's. They are one of the few shops I would trust to touch any vehicle of mine.)

#179004 Anyone Up For A Meet In Washington?

Posted by c25ahatch on 24 June 2005 - 09:33 PM in Meets

I am definately interested. I have tried to get to several of the recent BC meets but something always comes up. I did not vote, but Seattle, Tacoma, or Olympia would all work very well for me.

#178590 Favorite/hottest Tv Actress

Posted by c25ahatch on 23 June 2005 - 07:32 PM in Off-Topic

Catherine Bell from JAG.