Need Opinion On Master Cylindar And Booster

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx SI..89 crx si b16 turbo...91 firebird formula...93 toyota 4 runner
need to replace master cyl(leaking) and booster took a shit.......what is the best bolt in upgrage since i will be going 4 wheel disc and integra brakes.......must be able to get from a local parts store like auto zone checker napa......ok everyone give me some ideas

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
i believe the prelude MC requires just a little grinding if you dont have stones and grinder, just use a file it'd take 10-15 minutes tops
Also I think the stock replacement booster should be fine...but i wanna see what the others say
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
use the teg MC and Booster, you have to do a little fab on the clutch and throttle cable, where it mounts to the fire wall. The teg booster is alot wider than the crx one. PS, get those parts yet?
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.

C8V6C

I have an intergra complete MC.....25 bucks shipped

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx SI..89 crx si b16 turbo...91 firebird formula...93 toyota 4 runner
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Jul 24 2005, 05:16 PM)

we live in the same place how about delivered to my work???hahaha....i will give u a buzz.....Eric

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Jul 24 2005, 01:58 AM)
i believe the prelude MC requires just a little grinding  if you dont have stones and grinder, just use a file  it'd take 10-15 minutes tops
Also I think the stock replacement booster should be fine...but i wanna see what the others say

bull! i just went throught the process of replacing the booster and mc. i used the stock booster and a rebuilt lude mc. both from advance auto. 15 min on filing the mc? you must polish your knob alot! took me almost 1 1/2 hours. and thats with a dremel assisting. so far haven't noticed any difference in stopping power. but i also need to finish bleeding the rears. might get back to you tomorrow on that. btw i have rear disks. if i had it to do over again as of right now, id get the stock mc. save your self alot of cussing. and some advice i got from tom: if you haven't already, take out the drivers seat; it'll make it alot easier to work on. take it or leave it. good luck either way!

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

C8V6C

QUOTE (boostinginvegas @ Jul 24 2005, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Jul 24 2005, 05:16 PM)

we live in the same place how about delivered to my work???hahaha....i will give u a buzz.....Eric

Yeah I just noticed it was you eric, lol....the second time i clicked the thread

Ill give it to ya for 10 bucks, if you help me weld that clutch pedal assembly

Deal?

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Jul 24 2005, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (zakats @ Jul 24 2005, 01:58 AM)
i believe the prelude MC requires just a little grinding  if you dont have stones and grinder, just use a file  it'd take 10-15 minutes tops

15 min on filing the mc? you must polish your knob alot! took me almost 1 1/2 hours. and thats with a dremel assisting.

OK I said I wasnt sure! but I could do it laugh.gif j/j ...we'd have to see
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well i think i'm going to go with stock......shawn if u can leave it with me for a couple of days i can get it welded up for u

mayhem019

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I used a 87 carb. prelude master cylinder, its 7/8 and it bolts right in the stock location (no grinding)
user posted image

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
stock crx booster

87 prelude carbed MC

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
even better......thanks everyone....Eric

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
the mc i used was from an 88-91 lude, 15/16. bleeding the rears tomorrow.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

C8V6C

QUOTE (boostinginvegas @ Jul 25 2005, 01:06 AM)
well i think i'm going to go with stock......shawn if u can leave it with me for a couple of days i can get it welded up for u

I can have it off probably wednesday......maybe you can get it back to me the next week after?

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Fenco master cylinder part numero 52039 you can get it at your local AutoZone. Just double check.... my stock CRX one might be floating around wink.gif