Ss Brake Lines?

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Fronts are the same for the Civic HB/CRX, and I assume the Sedan as well. For the rears I used 2G CRX drum lines and they worked fine, if a little long. I'll post a poll to gauge interest.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
you can count me in for the civic lines if there done up.

1st gen boy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si ( SCCA ITB) 88 CRX Si (SCCA GTL)
" I'll post a poll to gauge interest."

Thanks Tom!!!
I'll keep an eye on it.

Bob

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
When I did mine I think I used the 12" line with straight swivel on both ends for the rear. They are just a bit longer than the stock lines but easily held out of the way of anything with tie-wraps.

I used these: #3265-29; 3AN/FEMALE INVERTED FLARE 10mm x 1.25 BRAKE ADAPTER to connect the new -3 line to the stock hard line in the car. The groove actually fits the stock clip that holds the line in place in both the front and rear.

This piece: #3265-14; 3AN/10mm x 1.25 METRIC FLARE BRAKE ADAPTER, will fit into the rear drum slave cylinder fitting and connect with the -3 swivel end of the new line.

I don't remember how long the line I used in the front is but I used one with the banjo fitting on one end and straight swivel on the other.

I still have all of the same pieces on the car since I originally installed them....Except for the one that got ripped off when I lost my panhard rod at the '03 Runoffs dry.gif . I guess I still owe you a replacement line don't I Kirk?

Good to know someone from here works there too, Bob. See what it's done to you total post count alrteady? biggrin.gif

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 Civic (SCCA G-Prod, moved to H-Prod in 2008
QUOTE (1st gen boy @ Jan 26 2005, 04:11 PM)
  3. You would have to make the rear hoses regardless since they are so short that there are no pre made ones that length.

5. You would have to reuse the original  bracket on the front struts that hold the brake line. Since SS lines are smaller in diameter, some type of bushing would have to be made or supplied by the end user.

Bob Clark
  Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies
  800-688-6946 ext 1225
  262-317-1225

Bob, I'm pretty sure I used your pre-made 12" hoses when I did my rears, similar to what Jay described.

#5 is very, very, very important. If you don't secure the line to the shock, it will rub on your rim and wear thru. (Don't ask me how I know...lets just say my eyes looked like this -> ohmy.gif when the pedal went to the floor at turn 12 at Road America)........and yes, those gravel traps do work great rolleyes.gif

I used a small 1" scrap of fuel line hose split in half and then slid over the hose and used the stock clamp. I added tywraps to the hose to keep them from sliding thru the clamp for redundancy.
2011 SCCA H-Production National Champion

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
I'm interested. what would be different when going to integra rear discs, as in, would I just need a different adapter/fitting?
wes g.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1st gen boy @ Jan 27 2005, 09:26 AM)
" I'll post a poll to gauge interest."

Thanks Tom!!!
I'll keep an eye on it.

Bob

Done.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

1st gen boy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
"I'm interested. what would be different when going to integra rear discs, as in, would I just need a different adapter/fitting?"

I have no idea. You are proboly going to have to measure the stock ones and let me know.

Bob

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
I think the part numbers on the lines I bought from Elite Auto in Canada on Ebay are the same for 84-87 Civic/CRX and the 88-91 Civic/CRX. Elite had them for our cars for around $70.00 US with free shipping at the time. I could not buy the parts and make them at the time for that little $$$. They were the crimped connectors though and therefor not rebuildable/reusable.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. -Groucho Marx

1st gen boy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
[quote=Greg Gauper,Jan 27 2005, 01:21 PM]
#5 is very, very, very important. If you don't secure the line to the shock, it will rub on your rim and wear thru. (Don't ask me how I know...lets just say my eyes looked like this -> when the pedal went to the floor at turn 12 at Road America)........and yes, those gravel traps do work great

Bob, I'm pretty sure I used your pre-made 12" hoses when I did my rears, similar to what Jay described.

Greg/Jay
You may be correct on the rears. I'll have to look at mine next week. I will be out of town fri-mon.
Our buddy Timmy Burns did the same thing on his front brake line and ended up in the tires at turn 12. When he hit he broke the panhard rod.
The classic part is he drove the car to the track so, what does he do? Takes a vise grip and clamps off the front brake line and takes a piece of metal and some hose clamps to fix the panhard and drives the car home in the rain. Yikes!!!
This is now the second team car of Billy/Bob racing

Bob

toxicshit

QUOTE (1st gen boy @ Jan 27 2005, 04:17 PM)
Our buddy Timmy Burns did the same thing on his front brake line and  ended up in the tires at turn 12. When he hit he broke the panhard rod.
The classic part is he drove the car to the track so, what does he do? Takes a vise grip and clamps off the front brake line and takes a piece of metal and some hose clamps to fix the panhard and drives the car home in the rain. Yikes!!!
this is now the second team car of Billy/Bob racing

Bob

nice story biggrin.gif
i would like to know if the EDM and USDM or CRX brakes differ in a CRX gen1.
im planning on using Integra rear disks.

Greetings Erwin.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
back from the dead. is there any good reason why can't use ss lines up front and leave the rear lines stock?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

1st gen boy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
You could do it but, why? You would only get half the benefit by using SS on the fronts only.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1st gen boy @ Jul 27 2005, 10:39 AM)
You could do it but, why? You would only get half the benefit by using SS on the fronts only.

don't the front brakes take the brunt of the braking anyway?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
yeah thats how I understand it
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3