Turbo Questions

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

nedbmx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 si
so i got the wiring business set and misc parts. my buddy has a gsx complete turbo kit i an get everything off of for cheap. now to the manifold. does anyone make one or can i get a new header and make a bracket for the turbo flange or what?

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
you can get an hf manifold and an adapter plate and that seems to work pretty well. its not the best thing to use but it does the job better than most log manifolds.

i actually have one and an adapter plate for your specific turbo. i can sell it to you if you like but i have a problem i dont have a computer to converse on, so itll be hard to do transactions. im on my g/fs computer and im going home today. so, if your intrested give me a call @ 229-339-1236. ask for Sean.

Sean

12valvesnolimit?

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (nedbmx @ Dec 23 2006, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what has to be done to the ecu to run a turbo on a 86 si crx. does it have to be chipped, or re flashed? or can i run it as stock? i am looking for 7psi.

Nothing needs to be done to the ecu we have boosted 3 1gs with stock motors all with exceptional performance gains with 7 PSI or less your fuel pump and injectors will be fine I have ran up to 10 pounds on stock fuel pump and stock injectors .you will need a 10 to 1 FMU and an anti back flow aquarium valve from
your local fish store lol to hide the boost from the map sensor.$7.00 some oil line and charge pipes.and a exhaust flange.check out our site all three of our 1gs were running stock bottom end and top ends on this setup and were very stable at 7 PSI and below.
check the site www.cheaptrixracing.com any questions email us @[email protected]

Michael at ctr
-Mike
1987 CRX Si turbo d15a3 8:73 1/8 mile on pump gas 8psi 172k on motor
www.cheaptrixracing.com

syko_tek1

QUOTE (mindlessracing @ Dec 28 2006, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
calm down there man.........

if you run a fmu you don't need the apexi

if you run the apexi you DO need bigger injectors (the 14b and 410cc will work great together)

you CAN run the fmu on stock injectors or if you choose slightly bigger (not too big) but you will need a adjustable fuel pressure regulator to lean it out at idle.

you will need a dx manifold, make an adapter plate, make a downpipe, intercooler piping, 1g dsm blow off valve (or similiar), hose clamps, silcon connectors (2" radiator hose works well if you use 2" exhaust piping for intercooler piping), intercooler, vacumn line, boost gauge, air/fuel gauge works but wideband 02 is the best, oil lines, a t splitter from the oil pressure sender (on back of the block), oil drain line,

lots of stuff.......... might as well get a new oil pan gasket when ya do it since ya have to drop the pan anyways to drill for the return line.

Check out my post "look what I got" to see what I did to mine you can adjust fuel mixture at idle with the adjuster inside the black vacuum box the device with it's own plug is the idle mixture adjustment (only idle).

crxeditsmall.jpg