What Kind Of Bike Do You Have?

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
I've got a 1994 Specialized StumpJumper, and a 1976 Honda CB500T. Keepin' it real... real old skool Honda. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

harm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
I've got an '80 Honda CX500 that I bought last year and didn't ride nearly enough. Don't have any pics, but it has plenty of room in a one-stall garage with the crx! Another thing I love about our cars.. they're only about twice the size of my bike. Makes for plenty of room to work.

which is good.. because mine needs work. :\

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
QUOTE (jdm4drda7 @ Mar 3 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I restore old Schwinn Sting-Rays! Thats my kind of bike!

Ape hanger handle bars, 20" front wheel, banana seat, and a stick shift on the top tube. Groovy man, groooo-vy!.

Hope you find a garage sale Krate someday. I love the old style 70's steel frames - but I am a big, fat guy. That's the reason for the 13 gauge spokes - if the bike is gonna carry me and groceries, I need the strength. Guy my size walks into the local bike shop these days, he can't hear himself think for all the aluminum and carbon fiber frames shaking in terror.

Can't say I ever bought into the "light weight as possible" concept in bicycles. I mean, really - the percentages are so very small once a rider sits on the bike - 100 kg rider weight vs. 100, 200 grams in component savings? What's the point? It took me exactly two months to strip out the first set of aluminum crank arms I ever owned - I'll take steel every time I can get it.

-Gil

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
I currently don't own a bike but hopefully soon I can find one of these.

If anyone knows of a running one for sale in dfw or oklahoma at a good price hit me up.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

Sgt. Pepper

Oh, forgot about the one I ride around the brewery:

http://www.huskybicy...01/t-124c-1.jpg

All the maintenance, QA, and supervisors ride these around (with the orange safety flags).
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

lambs

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R32 GTR, 260Z, RAV4, Jazz (Wifes), 3G Civic Sedan (daughter), BMW K100
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (3gcivicsi @ Mar 4 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm thats a pretty cool looking "retro bike" looks fun to ride. what kind of motor is that?

It's actually an in-line 4 cylinder but laid on its side, thus this model is affectionately known as the 'flying brick'. As pointed out it's water cooled, but also EFI (Bosch L-Jet system) and, of course, shaft drive goodness smile.gif

Definitely great fun to ride with heaps of low down torque.

i noticed the horizontally opposed / aircooled desighn. how many cyls? like the color btw.

Many hard core BMW motorcycle fans don't regard the K-series as 'real' BMW's....it's a boxer twin or nothing. I actually had a boxer many years ago - an R100CS - but it was the most gutless pile of crap I've ever owned.

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
tjbizzo, nice bike? Making a cafe racer out of it? Great bikes!

I've got an 83 vt500... making a caferacer/street tracker kinda thing...

WIP...

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Mar 3 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I currently don't own a bike but hopefully soon I can find one of these.

Dude, if you are serious about owning one of these, then go and buy a beach cruiser (walmart aprox $100) and then go to kingmotorbikes.com to get the motor to convert it. You atleast will look like you fit on it.

Oh, unsure.gif wait, you are hispanic. rolleyes.gif I got it, you want to chrome it out with a bling bling paintjob and daytons. laugh.gif tongue.gif Just messin with ya. Although, that beach cruiser would look good with a lime green metallic and polished motor. Man, I gotta get one now.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (CRXfanatic @ Mar 4 2008, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

]

I almost bought one of those new back in '83! Really neat bikes. I sold my Shadow Sabre a while back but still have a '82 FT500 Ascot.

But was using one of these this past weekend to run around the paddock:

That things a lot of fun!

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (CRXfanatic @ Mar 4 2008, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is one of the coolest bikes I've seen. Awesome. If I had a motor bike, I'd want one like that. Someday. wink.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

shauno

I just bought this last year to boot around the town on.. It's an 07 DRZ/SM with a Yosh pipe and some jetting.
I would have to say the most fun out of any of my other much faster street bikes.

Time to kick some ricer butt!

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Giltaran @ Mar 3 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ape hanger handle bars, 20" front wheel, banana seat, and a stick shift on the top tube. Groovy man, groooo-vy!.

Hope you find a garage sale Krate someday. I love the old style 70's steel frames - but I am a big, fat guy. That's the reason for the 13 gauge spokes - if the bike is gonna carry me and groceries, I need the strength. Guy my size walks into the local bike shop these days, he can't hear himself think for all the aluminum and carbon fiber frames shaking in terror.

Can't say I ever bought into the "light weight as possible" concept in bicycles. I mean, really - the percentages are so very small once a rider sits on the bike - 100 kg rider weight vs. 100, 200 grams in component savings? What's the point? It took me exactly two months to strip out the first set of aluminum crank arms I ever owned - I'll take steel every time I can get it.

-Gil

I already have! A Cotton Picker, Pea Picker and an Orange Krate for $300 for all of them. Bone stock and all origional found in a barn in Oregon. Im looking for the Sting-Ray Minni Twinn 20" tandom bicycle and 12" Sting-Ray Lil Tiger. I have 4 16" Sting-Ray foldable bikes and a number of other Fastbacks and Manta-Rays also.

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Im trying to find a one of these earlly 80's Honda racing dirt bikes (Mugen or not) to restore here soon...

Very sexy!

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (Giltaran @ Mar 3 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
www.performancebike.com - a source for everything current, lightweight, cutting edge, etc. Basically if you're a spandex person, this is your online shop of choice. If you actually want to ride the thing, they're hit or miss.

Bwaha. I shop there but not much of a spandex guy.

Hydraulic disc brake conversion and the required frame adapter.

Brake lever and master cylinder and required replacement shifter that replaced the combination cable assembly.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Mar 5 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bwaha. I shop there but not much of a spandex guy.

Nice up conversion - how does the disk setup compare to the rim clinchers?

-Gil