172 replies to this topic

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If your name is not green your penis is small..LOL..

I told Tom I would donate yearly.Donated last year..will this year..rinse and repeat..

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
I think the vendors on this site (we know who we are) that are trying to make parts to sell in any kind of volume should pay a monthly fee. I'm in for $25/month. There are 2 or 3 of us here already. At $300 each annually I bet that would help...

Hmmmm, wonder why so many other sites charge for vendor advertisement. Lol. I know I offered to Tom before. He did not bite on it then. I still try to donate here and there when I think of it. It could just as well be a paypal subscription as far as I'm concerned.

Marcus

Jaminak

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 1500 Coupe, 89 Cherokee
Well, this is what I was thinking for the sticker, just to keep it simple and cheap to make. It would be about 2.5". I would prefer an 'inside' sticker that is reversed.

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
Tom, could you set up a subscription service through paypal for us? I use this other website, and it's like $5 a month and paypal just automatically withdraws it from my account. It's quick, easy, and I don't even have to think about it. Especially since $5 is almost nothing(that's less than a number1 at McDonalds with cheese). I think people would be more apt to sign up and donate because it's easy. Also I think people hesitate because they aren't sure how much they should give.

*EDIT* MrDisibility beat to the suggestion.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Jaminak @ Jan 15 2008, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, this is what I was thinking for the sticker, just to keep it simple and cheap to make. It would be about 2.5". I would prefer an 'inside' sticker that is reversed.

Wrong thread?

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

Stuckey85si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Crx Si with Blacktop D16
I could give 20 or 30 bucks a year. Whatever it takes to keep the site around.

Joseph

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
GIFF can make his "mrpimpshoes8" calenders and sell them..LOL..JK

I think $5 a month may veer off a lot of people maybe a small one time yearly fee or make the people that want to post in the for sale thread exclusive, like for people who donate? This will also weed out scammers (not that we have many)?? just a suggestion..

or make some kind of "super secret exclusive area" for donating members.. laugh.gif

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
how about galleries only for contributing members...

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
im down to donate once a year. im even down for once a month. let me know whats up cuz we all need this site to stay running!

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i'm down for $20 every 6 months or so. i want my gallery back! hehehee.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Jan 15 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that segregating contributing member features from the rest is a bad idea.

I would say that a goal and current amount "thermometers" for monthly and yearly needs would be a good idea.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Man, there have been some great responses! A lot of people are coming up with some good ideas. I have another idea:

We already know Tom will not ask for enough money, so we take the initiative to raise a little more. tongue.gif

I propose as a group, that we try and raise at least $100.00 dollars a month to pay for the hosting costs of RPR. Trust me, that amount will not be enough before too long. If there is a little money left over, I say let it go to Tom for the time he spends putting up with all of us! (and for those of you who think this a bad idea, ask yourself, how would you like to have a 5 to 10 hour per week extra job, but not get paid for it).

So I have a question for the web guru's on this site, is it possible to make some kind of image that sits at the top of the page in the shape of a thermometer that shows how much money we have raised toward our monthly goal? That way, if someone sees the amount is a bit low near the end of a month, that person could donate something and immediately see how they helped out!

This idea also lets everyone see how much money is actually going into the kitty. Can something like this be set up with PayPal? Set up so as the money comes in, it automatically increments the thermometer gage?

If a thermometer (or what ever symbol used) is not practical, then a simple text amount of what has been raised for the month would suffice.

I think it would make a difference (psychologically) if people could really see that the money is coming in, how much is there, and how they really make a difference when they DO donate.

It could also serve as a reminder to all of us near the end of the month if our goal is not being met. We could bug each other! wink.gif

Take care all!

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Jan 15 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually like this Idea..

gallery takes up a lot of resources "I'm no computer geek".. But I'm sure it does.

+1 on gallery for contributing members only....NOT VIEWING but actually HAVING a gallery..non-contributing should be able to view, but not "own" one unless contributing.. JMO..

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Screech @ Jan 15 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that segregating contributing member features from the rest is a bad idea.

I would say that a goal and current amount "thermometers" for monthly and yearly needs would be a good idea.

You beat me to the thermometer idea! Foiled Again! tongue.gif
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^ would that be a rectal thermometer??? ::shrugs:: count me out..

I still think there should be something "exclusive" about being a contributing member " besides deleting posts, or editing titles or posting replies in for sales...