1987crxgal's Content

There have been 14 items by 1987crxgal (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#325211 Ok..who's Car Is This? Be A Man And Admit It!

Posted by 1987crxgal on 28 February 2007 - 10:04 PM in Off-Topic

I wish I could admit it... No paint job would stop me from getting a good deal like that

#317213 Lost My Dog To Old Age And Diabetes

Posted by 1987crxgal on 11 January 2007 - 01:13 PM in Off-Topic

It's tough, man; losing an animal. I lost my dog just before Christmas this year... I had been gone all day only to come home to find her just gone. I jumped on my 'wheeler and went every where searching for her. Finally I found her on the road side, people stopped to console me but almost didn't get why I was so upset. To most these little guys are just animals, but to people like us they're a member of the family.

#316441 Things You Can Do With Absolutely Nothing

Posted by 1987crxgal on 06 January 2007 - 07:56 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Jan 6 2007, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Invent a weird twitch
(Amusement Potential: 5-10 minutes)
Adopt a bizarre twitch (e.g. flicking your head irregularly, twitching with eye or busting out sporadic cough noises) and try it out whe you go shopping.

Oh, I can vouch for this one. Especially useful when someone is forcing you to go shopping... They get through alot faster.

My favorite is reinventing the "Silly Walks" segment from Monty Python.

#316122 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 04 January 2007 - 05:23 PM in Off-Topic

Takumi, thanks for the pics! How could he sell that ride? (After seeing you pics especially) I'm really leaning towards black for the whole car... I have some bad issues with the body I need to address first, though. I have bad cracks in my front fiberglass fenders, also my side skirts are terribly cracked. The thing has a dx bumper on the back from where it was originally wrecked, I like it because it raises the rear end a bit (visually). The rear end is lifted a little as well by a slightly larger tire on the back... A mistake to save money but now it is sort of growing on me. But I liked the bumpers black, so I sprayed them with truck bed liner (!) and it would probably take alot of work to strip it off.

I think it would look good with the black bumpers if the paint is a little lighter, but if I went black I think it might look a little odd.

Thanks all for listening to me ramble on about my car! biggrin.gif

#316075 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 04 January 2007 - 01:02 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Jan 3 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want some altezza taillights check out in the general post section, the extreme rice thread page 6. It seems some people made their 88-91 altezza taillights fit a 1st gen.
You could dpending on the law, use some VHT Nightshades paint to paint your taillights black when off and able to show light thru when on. They would blend right in with the black paint. On a side note a female that loves cars and 4 wheelers.....................awesome.

Thanks for the tips. I was going to paint the rear tailights but didn't know there was a special paint sold for that purpose. I was going to use stain! (Yikes) I bought an extra set of lights for the back and was planning on doing something really dumb with them... biggrin.gif

I was wondering if people could custom the rear end so that the 88+ lights could fit. I've seen people fit the Prelude lights on them, I'm sure it's a bit more envolved than it appears. I'm going to go check out the rice thread see what they look like...

Thanks to all, glad you like the 'wheeler. cool.gif

#315926 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 03 January 2007 - 08:10 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (duner @ Jan 3 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the wheels are definately different.....though im not a big fan of black wheels on cars, they go well with it smile.gif

Thanks... I always thought the stocks were hideous (with those circles... What were they thinking?) This is the only way I can stomach them wink.gif

#315919 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 03 January 2007 - 07:12 PM in Off-Topic

Here are some pics, and hopefully I get some oppinions on the car...

First, here are some of me and my other toy biggrin.gif Sorry, but this is the closest you'll get to seeing a pic of me! And they are a bit blurry... I was in motion at the time. wink.gif

Me doing a goofy wheelie... tongue.gif I've learned to do them better now, this was when I first got the thing. I'm still trying to master doing a stoppy.

Ok, now for my car... This was when I was going through my "rice" fase. Check out the SiR grill... rolleyes.gif

And before the whole thing was blacked out... (original paint) Watcha think of the factory wheels blacked out?

And with my paint finish on it, love the flat black... I'm wanting to repaint this summer, I'm not sure whether to go black or a dark silver.

And there you go... I wanna see some others post some rides. I'm enjoying looking through the site, especially the rice thread. biggrin.gif I have some rice in my blood, for sure...

#315365 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 30 December 2006 - 11:59 AM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (trv86caprice @ Dec 29 2006, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are in NC? What part of the state?

I used to be in Roxboro (near Durham)... But moved closer to the mountains in Rockingham County. That's where I am now...

Thanks for the pictures, ladies and gents! I see the difference now between the taillights. I almost bought an "edm" steering wheel on eBay not too long ago... Loved it but the auction went quite high so I bowed out.

Thanks for helping me with a few of the "terms" as well! biggrin.gif

#315291 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 29 December 2006 - 07:59 PM in Off-Topic

Please everyone, don't think I know alot about cars! biggrin.gif

I do most of my car part shopping on eBay.com, that's always the easiest for me. I have seen the clear corners on there, but they are almost always 'smoked' (I don't find those attractive). Never seen the taillights, though. Anyone know of a website with a good parts list? What's edm? Always wanted a good pair of clear corners...

#315282 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 29 December 2006 - 07:41 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (Kassper007 @ Dec 29 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome, i just got here myself and i think i have the worst car here, i have to reweld an entire new front subframe and shock towers, suuucks, but nice to see you have a nice car, oh well ill be there someday

Oh, thank you for your nice comments about my car! But I'm afraid maybe my pics are not clear enough biggrin.gif It needs new paint, seats, nose piece, both front panels, body kit, shocks... No frame problems, though; don't envy you there! Thanks for the welcome smile.gif Anyone who says something nice about my ride is a friend of mine...

I need to wander over into the parts forum on here, I want to see if euro taillights are available for my car model ANYWHERE. So far I've had no luck.

#315260 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 29 December 2006 - 05:00 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Dec 29 2006, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice ride, how long have you had it?

Two years since Sept. I paid $1000 for it. When I took it test driving, the owner took it up to 60 then shifted down... The next day it was in my driveway. For two years the thing has commuted back and forth from my work, college... 225k and it has never left me stranded. I eat, sleep, and breathe this car ever since I bought it.

What led me to this site was the video on YouTube, about saving these little cars. I value mine so much, I found the video very touching. LOL it's the sentimental in me!

#315251 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 29 December 2006 - 03:35 PM in Off-Topic

I AM my car! LOL but I see your point tongue.gif I'm from North Carolina... Very small town! Not many CRX's... In my old town I counted 4. Here, I think only one other.

#315248 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 29 December 2006 - 03:18 PM in Off-Topic

Wow, wasn't expecting so many replies! I sure do feel welcome... Here are some pics of my ride before I primered it this summer. I did the paint with black spray cans and some clear coat from Wal-Mart! It cost me about 20 bucks... I also repaired the back end which had been wrecked. Also some picks of my gauges and the interior. I actually like my original rims, but only blacked out.

#315177 Ladies, Ladies

Posted by 1987crxgal on 28 December 2006 - 11:25 PM in Off-Topic

Hi there,

I'm new here, and as my title suggests am one of the female kind wink.gif I have an 1987 CRX, and love this site already. All the friends I've ever known who owned CRX's were guys... So, any ladies out there?

I just LOVE my car and treat it with kit gloves. I don't know much about it, but try to do some things to it myself, mainly just body work, changing the gauges... Things like that. I also ride a 300ex... Any atvers on this site? Am fanatical about that as well!

~Danny