Under The Filter Housing

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

n1smo

• Post-Whore of RPR
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1st Gen. 1987 CRX DX
ok i took off the filter housing and everything and i found the first filter next to the valve cover/ carb and i know for sure it has never been or once been replaced and i CANNOT!!! get the hose off the filter. should i just cut it and buy some more hose??? and i CANT find the other filter. second of all i have a few questions there is some UFO looking disc type things all around the engine. WHAT ARE THOSE?!?!?! and do they need to be replaced because by the age of everything it looks like nothing has EVER been replaced and oil on everything. tell me what i should replace and where the other filter is. Thanx ahead

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Yikes, time to wip out that digicam and snap some pics. Not too sure what you're
talking aboot, eh?

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

n1smo

• Post-Whore of RPR
  • PipPip
ok they look like that thing on the end piece of the filter housing. my friend called it the old ghetto frankenstein MAF but i notice they are everywhere

n1smo

• Post-Whore of RPR
  • PipPip
well a digicam wouldnt help that much anyways because i cant upload pictures anyways IVE TRIED AND IVE TRIED html and its DOESNT LIKE ME but i could sned them to you and you can upload them once i get my hads on a digi

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just get yerself a geos#itties page and give us the links to them. It's free, at the only cost of us having to cut and paste the links.

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
ok

the main fuel filter is located infront of the rear driverside wheel... look there if it has been changed then it would be white. if it hasent it would still be in it;s housing. a black plastic sleeve... IF YOU LOOK IN THE MANUAL IT WILL TELL YOU.

just change the things you would normaly replace every 50000 km. like the air filter. the fuel filters. the oil fliter and put new oil in... coolent. a carb cleaner aditive that you poor in the tank.

don't touch any thing else... if it aint broke don't fix it. if there is something wrong with you engine and it doesn't run right just step by step start eliminating possibilitys. don't jump onto things cuz they look old. youll end up repacing every part you find.

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

n1smo

• Post-Whore of RPR
  • PipPip
thanks and i dont have a manual

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
tom has posted one here....

here
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

Gasoline Fumes

QUOTE (n1smo @ Feb 11 2003, 03:36 PM)
ok they look like that thing on the end piece of the filter housing. my friend called it the old ghetto frankenstein MAF but i notice they are everywhere

I think you're refering to the hot air intake diaphragm. It lets the carb get hot air in cold weather to reduce the chances of carb icing.