How Old Is Everyone?

• You cannot reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic

n1smo

• Post-Whore of RPR
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1st Gen. 1987 CRX DX
i just want to know how old everyone is because i want to know my mechanical abilities age wise, how far behind i am. and im 21. and ive had my crx for 4 days

Edited by n1smo, 10 February 2003 - 09:12 PM.

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
22, replaced A LOT of parts on my 87 (CRX) Si. If I can't figure it out myself, I consult the horrible Haynes manual. If that doesn't help (it usually doesn't) I come here to beg for answers. Check out the gallery for the 87 Civic Service Manual.

But for the most part I figure things out by myself.
DM
PHX, AZ

CRXdan

16 Took apart my CRX dismantle car in 2 days flat
BTW if anyone needs parts check out the classifieds
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage

Was a mechanic for a year, have been a parts guy for the last 2. I am kind of a know it all (read:smartass).

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip

I've done a little of this and a little of that

i haven't had any mechanical problems with my car, just modifcations that require a bonus vinegar stroke.
wheres that face...............ahhh there is it ohmy.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip

have driven red crx's for 7 years now

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

Gasoline Fumes

m00m0bile

• m00m0bile
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 95 Mazda Miata
Working on getting older. 18 and away at Iowa State working on my Mech. Engineering degree and waiting for summer to come so I can have fun rebuilding the CRX. New owner, have wanted one for the last 2 years though. cool.gif

jiggerjosh

• IVIC
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99' BMW _/_/_/ M3 Vert. & 97' BMW 325Ti M technik
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
18 performed my first engine transplant. from my 87 hb to my 86 seden. not to metion its fair shair of problems, but trust me it was a worth while/ learning experiance.
If only i knew what i was doing!!!

Mark Petriw

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX
22. I got my CRX as a simple get around car 2 years ago after I tuned my brothers FTD datsun 260Z to perfection. By accident one day I tripped and fell on my tool box and sent my tools flying towards my car. By the time they hit the floor my CRX became a race car. At least that's what I tell my parents biggrin.gif
user posted image
It's not how fast you drive, but how you drive fast.

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Last I checked, I'm 22 (senility is kicking in early and it's late at night sleep.gif ) and plan on living to be a ripe old age of 350. What happens before that, well, that I can't control :-P
I first started working on my first wrecks... er... rex, when I was 19. Simple stuff, spark plug, valve cover gasket, oil change, tried to do an axle without much success, stuff like that. Eventually the car died from problems beyond my control. Now that I have my better rex, I've either done or assisted in (in approximate order of occurrence): tranny swap, almost-complete suspension upgrade (nearly lost an argument with a spring loaded shock, on that one), stereo and speaker install, starter replacement, air filter experiments, valve cover stud replacement, Fastbrake big brake upgrade and rear disc conversion, camshaft swap, rewiring and interior stripping, gauge cluster swap, extra gauge install, fuel filter and fuel filter-to-rail line swap. I am also working on a fully built CRVtec swap, which aside from engine rebuilding, involves plenty of rewiring and planning, and most important, LEARNING. Once you get yourself a helms manual, and really read through it, you can accomplish just about anything. You also have to expect to !@# up once in awhile, which is just as important when working on cars, beause once you !@# up, you can learn how to avoid mistakes. That, or you're doomed to take the car to the mechanic for the rest of your life. Don't expect that just because you're such and such an age, you should or shouldn't know things. Everyone learns at different speeds.

rosendo192000

• time get closer 4 the b16
  • PipPip
in process of doing the b16a swap

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
I am 24, and so far have learned this; Helms is the book of all books and RPR is the
forum of all forums. Without the afore mentioned, you'll have a hard time with your
1G/3G.

JAKOB blink.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm 15 and I know nothing.
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Feb 11 2003, 05:27 AM)
Fastbrake big brake upgrade

More info on this please? Is it a kit? Pics?
DM
PHX, AZ