97 replies to this topic

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would have to say I want a one piece hood, because I can deal with hood pins or the hood hex-screws that someone sugested. I actually think that would be an excellent idea. Also, if you took out the hood latch that you actually touch and just left the cable one, you'd still have some of the stock mechanism, which you could even replace with an electronically activated one if you so chose (need a battery in the back just in case, but still). For someone to get through both hex-hood-pins and an electronic hood popper to mess with the car would be a hella problem, more than they'd want to deal with I would imagine.
Regardless, I'm down with a hood of either sort, one piece or two.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Ok, so here is my thinking now...since the ZC style OE copy is currently available in CF, I am going to go with those first. Then, once that all goes good, I am going to investigate the header panel as something to make afterward. I really have not seen any demand outside this board, so there will only be one run on the header panles. What I need now is an accurate head count.

Here is a list of peope I have now...
OldSchoolCrxSiR
Close Call
83 Rabbit
Steve Oz
boman
rosendo192000

Others interested in the 1 piece that may be on board for this....
LEW
87CRXSiR

If you need to be added, changed or removed, PM me...

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Sorry dude. I never commited.  $300US would buy me some
nice suspension mods that would be priority, among other
things...

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

OldSchoolCrxSiR

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
well.... let me pay off this 450 dollar ticket first!! then i will geyt a hood! 2 piece design 300 for the hood then 150 for the header panel! man make a 1 piece adn sale it for 400 it makes alot more sense!
**1987 CRX SI**
-1989 Integra Ls Motor (D16a1)
-HKS Cams
-Intake
-SS Header
-High Flow Cat.
-2 1/4 Exhaust
-JDM Close-Ratio Tranny
-ACT Street/Strip Clutch
-65 Dry Shot of Nitrous
-Lowered 2 Inches
"Can You Say S-L-E-E-P-E-R!"

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
yeah, well, nothing is concrete just yet, but I am trying to narrow things down...I might be doing a 1 piece, but I reaaly don't have too much time on my hands anymore...school starts next week!

83Rabbit

• White Rice
  • PipPip
where are you making these? how much would shipping be? my buddy just got a cf hood and somehow UPS cracked it during shipping sad.gif
1986 Grabber Blue CRX Si: K&N Filter, koni reds, air/fuel guage, msd blaster ss, ss lines, teg front/rear brakes.

"If anyone on this board ever installs one of those things, and I hear about it, I will ban them for life. " - rpr

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
i, personally, would prefer the 1-piece option.. but i can do 2 piece if need be.
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

84_1300

• Granny
  • Pip
i must have missed it, but what does CF stand for?

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
carbon fibre...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
I'm interested. Probably more for the 2 piece. Got any pics of a prototype?
bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I don't have any pics yet, but I did find something out. The OEM style hood that would be used in a 2 piece app is only a flat hood without the ZC bulge...I was hoping to al least get a bulge. Kinda brings me back to making a 1 piece. There needs to be another mold anyway....I guess I will work on it more and get back to you guys when I got something legit.

83Rabbit

• White Rice
  • PipPip
in that case, sign me up for the one piece.... i want the bulge smile.gif
1986 Grabber Blue CRX Si: K&N Filter, koni reds, air/fuel guage, msd blaster ss, ss lines, teg front/rear brakes.

"If anyone on this board ever installs one of those things, and I hear about it, I will ban them for life. " - rpr

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Ok, found out some hardcore news.....

I am not running everyone around, I promise.

Here is what is going to happen. I can do the 1 piece hood in CF. Cost will be $350 per hood, you pay shipping (I would count on at least 75 bones if yer back east).

This quote does not include a bulge. If someone has a ZC hood that they will give me then it can be done, but I don't have one and buying one will take too long and send the $$ up over $400. Is a bulge worth $50? Not to me it isn't. Plus, I wanna get this rollin.

So here is the deal. I will be needing $350 from at least 8 people (the other 2 are me and a partner I work with). Basically, I will do in 2 installments. I need $50 a head to get a hood made. Once the hood is made, I can take $$ for the rest of the cost, have the mold made and the hoods laid. Then, I can figure shipping costs and let those who need it shipped know how much they are in for, they can pay me and I will ship out.

There is a 3 step process of payment here. The idea is that I don't need to front anything, and You don't need to send $350+ to me in the hopes I am not a flake (which I am not, but hey, we never met). I already have a confirmation of cost with a fab guy and the CF guy, Sunnystylings. These ought to be fairly high quality hoods.

The latch issue. I don't see why I can't design a handle extention off the OE latch that will be accessable enough to open the hood and retain the factoy latch. Hood pins or lock will be recommended either way. I will do my best to arrange pricing and availability of these parts, but mostly it will be up to you.

The hoods will open and fit like factory hoods, excpet, YAY, no more header panel to crack and flap around in the wind.

Comments? Concerns? Anything? Lemmie know.We can make a headcount really easy by sending me a pretend paypal through IM. Once I have 8 peeps I will reply to everyone with an actual Paypal addy and mail addy where you are to send actual money. Paypal people will need to absorb some of the fees, 2% is what I normally charge, and I eat 1%.

I can't wait forever for people to save up $$, but I need the min to be met for this to work. Spread the news. Call your friends. I will do the same.

Marcus

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Buldge, no buldge, it doesn't matter, $350ish is a good price no never have to worry about the header panel again. Just tell me when you need the cash by and I'll be the first head counted.

rosendo192000

• time get closer 4 the b16
  • PipPip
me too (im in)