Brake Upgrade

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

Sandm849

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx, 88 Mustang, 88 GMC Jimmy
Hi everyone, I have an 86 si with a zc, so it has the integra spindles. Just curious as to what I have to change to put the front integra braking system on my car, obviously pads and rotors. And im assuming calipers, but is there anything else? And does it just bolt right up to the car? thanks and sorry for being redundant.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You need the complete caliper, including the mount bracket. Other than that, it all just bolts right up, nothing else needs to be changed.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
the rotors are slightly bigger than the CRX old ones. yes the calipers pads and rotors must be used .
Just wondering why you didn't do this when you swapped the spindles out? It would have been cake then
But the brake line will screw right into the acura caliper.
It does bolt right in ...no problems.
Hope this helps
kenny

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
if you already have the integra hubs then all you need is the caliper, caliper braket, rotors and brakes...

If you have the money, get the 11" fast brakes front kit for 1g integras

or chepaer is 92-95 Si/EX brakes

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
92-95 Civic Si/EX brake parts will work on 1G CRX's???? I'm curious.... That would allow many more options for brake upgrades.... Hmmmmmm.... dry.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Hollowman @ Apr 12 2004, 11:27 PM)
92-95 Civic Si/EX brake parts will work on 1G CRX's???? I'm curious.... That would allow many more options for brake upgrades.... Hmmmmmm.... dry.gif

They should work. I have a set but haven't tried them, but they appear to bolt up fine. I will be using 91 Civic SI brakes this year, as 88-91 Civic CRX brakes bolt up as well.

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (rpr @ Apr 13 2004, 06:42 AM)
QUOTE (Hollowman @ Apr 12 2004, 11:27 PM)

They should work. I have a set but haven't tried them, but they appear to bolt up fine. I will be using 91 Civic SI brakes this year, as 88-91 Civic CRX brakes bolt up as well.

I'm assuming you're talking about the 9.5" non-ABS brakes, not the 10.3" versions used by later Integras and assorted Civics (like the 99-00 Si). I have 93 Civic VX brakes, which bolted up fine, but I assume that because 88+ cars have to change their knuckles to use 10.3" brakes, and their stock brakes bolt onto our cars, 10.3" won't bolt on to an 84-7. Also, stock 14" 4-hole Si wheels won't clear 10.3" calipers without a spacer.

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
QUOTE (Vandemar @ Apr 13 2004, 01:55 PM)
I'm assuming you're talking about the 9.5" non-ABS brakes, not the 10.3" versions used by later Integras and assorted Civics (like the 99-00 Si).  I have 93 Civic VX brakes, which bolted up fine, but I assume that because 88+ cars have to change their knuckles to use 10.3" brakes, and their stock brakes bolt onto our cars, 10.3" won't bolt on to an 84-7.  Also, stock 14" 4-hole Si wheels won't clear 10.3" calipers without a spacer.

EXACTLY.

The ABS 92+ Civic line uses the 10.3" rotors. In order for the caliper to fit over the 10.3" (or larger) rotors, the caliper mounting ears on the knuckle are further from the hub center than cars with the 9.5" or smaller rotors.

However, nearly any Honda caliper will bolt up to any knuckle - the mounting center to center spacing is the same.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, I was sort of right... smile.gif

Sandm849

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx, 88 Mustang, 88 GMC Jimmy
ok, so I need the caliper brackets huh? Alright well if I do, does anybody have a set of them to sell me I already have pads and rotors. I was planning to pick up the calipers this week. So if anybody has a set of them please let me know!! [email protected] is my email address. thanks

Simple87Si

what about knuckles?
user posted image