Steering Wheels

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
I know this has been asked but since the search is I have to ask again. What steering wheels will fit in our cars? Will a 92-95 civic wheel without an airbag work? Would one with an air bag work? I bought an EDM wheel but I kinda like the look of the newer civic steering wheels better (5th gen civics). Any help would be appreciated :-D

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
iv got a momo steering wheel if your interested.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Is it a jdm stock momo or is it just an aftermarket ? I would rather have a stock wheel, there arent many aftermarket ones I like. Which wheel is it?

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Anyone know? ph34r.gif

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (oldschoolsi @ May 18 2004, 10:00 PM)
I know this has been asked but since the search is I have to ask again. What steering wheels will fit in our cars? Will a 92-95 civic wheel without an airbag work? Would one with an air bag work?

Yes, and yes. Just about any Honda/Acura wheel will fit the splines, but the dish may be all wrong, or the back of the wheel may bind somewhere, all you can do is try it out.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
mine is a momo model 27. all black, d- shaped. you can see it here

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ May 19 2004, 09:18 AM)
mine is a momo model 27.  all black, d- shaped.  you  can see it here

scott

Dude, I want that wheel...seriously.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well..... this is oldschoolsi's post so it might be fair to offer it to him first. i was about to go to the post office and get the money order for your wheels, but if he passes we can work something out. iv also got a seat belt harness from corbeau, if we can work that in too? theres a pic of it in the same gallery toward the bottom.

*edit: dont know if you ride motorcyles, but ive also got a chatterbox thats never been used. im selling my bike so i dont need it.

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 19 May 2004 - 09:51 AM.

vouch thread 1 2

DarKGifT06

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: honda civic 1986 1.3
that belt looks tight how much ? and what about those pimp daddy seats ur rocken ? im thinking about pickin up a Grant wheel i can get it down from $190 to $120 should i do it and how much work is it to put in the addapter plate?

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery

This is the stock Momo wheel from a '95 JDM ITR. They are readily available from eBay. It is 350mm across which is as small as you will want. anything smaller and the steering effort is too much.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ May 19 2004, 09:46 AM)
well.....  this is oldschoolsi's post so it might be fair to offer it to him first. i was about to go to the post office and get the money order for your wheels, but if he passes we can work something out. iv also got a seat belt harness from corbeau,  if we can work that in too?  theres a pic of it in the same gallery toward the bottom. 

*edit:  dont know if you ride motorcyles, but ive also got a chatterbox thats never been used.  im selling my bike so i dont need it.

scott

Please wait on the money order until oldshoolsi decides on this, if he does pass, we can work a trade.

I used to have a bike...

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
oldschoolsi- sorry to steal ur thread

rpr- then wait we shall

darkgift- would $50 bucks+shipping be ok for the belt? never installed. the adapter is easy as pie to install it might be a 10 minute job, 15 max. those are corbeau carrera/cr1 seats. they're for sale but my brother in law has dibs. if he muffs it, then it will go to you guys. its 600 for the seats, high i know but i've got more invested.

cbstdscott- that wheel is bad ass. im jealous

to whom it may concern- im lookin for a set of super clean headlights to do the black housing mod. after digging at my moms house today i found a set of corbeau seat adapters for an 88-91 civic. (im alwys finding shit around here) laugh.gif

scott

vouch thread 1 2

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Go for it. I want a steering wheel like the JDM ITR wheel!! I have a mini bike I will put up for partial trade plus cash if someone wants to trade smile.gif

EF9 VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 B16A powered CRX, 1991 B16A powered Integra
    • Image Gallery
Well I replaced the stock CRX steering wheel that was in really bad shape for a JDM Integra XSi Steering wheel for now. Worked fine for me.

Edited by EF9 VTEC, 19 May 2004 - 06:36 PM.

87 B16A Powered CRX

user posted image

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
I got a MoMo....but it was made for Mugen by Momo...the best stearing wheel I have ever felt, griped, and used.....

But it is not for sale....sorry.

And they are not cheap...I shelled out over $500 for mine.

Edited by Airjockie, 19 May 2004 - 07:16 PM.

87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...