Carbed To Fi

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

factz

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 crx "carbed"
i have an 86 crx "carbed" that i got for $300 and i just seen an 87 si that was wrecked for $800 now the engine still runs goor but it leaks oil but all i need is an oil pan gasket... but my stap dad says all i have to do is swap everything from the si to my car since they are basicly the same thing.... is it realy that simple..???? i read alot about swaping the engine and making it a fi from a carb but i never read about making an si... any info is greatly appreciated

factz

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
QUOTE (factz @ Nov 28 2007, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have an 86 crx "carbed" that i got for $300 and i just seen an 87 si that was wrecked for $800 now the engine still runs goor but it leaks oil but all i need is an oil pan gasket... but my stap dad says all i have to do is swap everything from the si to my car since they are basicly the same thing.... is it realy that simple..???? i read alot about swaping the engine and making it a fi from a carb but i never read about making an si... any info is greatly appreciated

factz

in all honesty it is that easy...to make it fi you will need the petrol tank though but ill let one of the others tell you what you need...if the faq/wiki section is working you should have a look there and then you will truly see how easy it is smile.gif

all you need to do is swap the things over and be done with it....cool.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
you need to swap over the wiring (or adapt the current wiring) as well as change the fuel pump (and the fuel lines/tank though some people have done so without)

factz

• Granny
  • Pip
wow thanks now i just gotta trck my mom into giving me $890 the car is only $800 but daddy needs a new pair of shoes

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
^^ dam 90 bux on some shoes..wtf
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

factz

• Granny
  • Pip
yeah ima sneaker head... and 90 is the cheapest lol but i heard if i get a dual carb it will be better then a fi.. is that true??

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
^^^ no Fi is the best way to go.
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN