Image Hosting Test Location

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery

Im using this topic to test image hosting sites for possible use here.

First test from Imgur.com   This is a Hidden pic, at least at first.

OvGXOPw.jpg

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

So it seems like it works but its tricky right now.  There may have to be some changes to the forum software to make it easy.

When I first just pasted the link from Imgur it denied it saying the image type was not allowed.

I have to go into the source and actually copy the direct image location for it to work.

Tom or other, can we make this link work?

https://imgur.com/OvGXOPw

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

I'll try and take a look at it.

"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit

I never much cared for either Imgur or Photobucket.

photos.google.com has always worked pretty well for me, and my old links on RPR to my photos (and directories) on Google look to be good, still. I hope no one suggests links to albums on FB...

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

I never much cared for either Imgur or Photobucket.

photos.google.com has always worked pretty well for me, and my old links on RPR to my photos (and directories) on Google look to be good, still. I hope no one suggests links to albums on FB...

I never knew about that option! 

Let me test it right now. 

Edit: Doesn't work. It says "You are not allowed to use that image extension to this community". I can only post the link to the photo, not the photo itself. 

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit

I never knew about that option! 

Let me test it right now. 

Edit: Doesn't work. It says "You are not allowed to use that image extension to this community". I can only post the link to the photo, not the photo itself. 

I have always preferred posting links, instead of attachments. So I can choose to only open photos I am interested in. Goes back to my bandwidth-saving dialup days.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

Clicking on links is a way to do it I guess, but IMO having the picture right there in the topic is FAR superior. 

Photobucket did a decent job of letting you size them right and create multiple image tags for using in a forum like this.  Where they went wrong is in the revenue generation and no one wants to actually pay for a service like that.

I dont really like Imgur but thats why I created this topic.  Has anyone looked for other solutions other than posting links?  Test them here!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion

test failed0 p

I cut/pasted in "Image icon" above.  and tried the "link icon"   both  gives a link to click to see pix.  I'm trying google drive.   anyone have luck getting google drive to post a direct pix wo having to click on it to see?

Keepin' it OEM