New Transmission Sub-forum (tore Apart Ka5mt)

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Mark L @ Nov 7 2011, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed something, what did you repair or rebuild? Did you fix the issue?

Neither... its out of the 87 crx DX that i parted out and crushed.. And when it shifts into 2nd it grinds, so i didnt fix the problem, i figured id learn transmissions, so i took it apart.... biggrin.gif

Final Drive ratio is 3.89 according to Quick Honda Specs
1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

Mark L

QUOTE (bigboi407 @ Nov 7 2011, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final Drive ratio is 3.89 according to Quick Honda Specs

I think you are talking about the 2nd gen CRX.
Our cars have a 4.28 for the DX and a 4.4 for the SI.

Mark.
1989 Integra RS
1991 Civic RT4WD
1994 Integra
icerace.com

bigboi407

• PipPip
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Mark L @ Nov 7 2011, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are talking about the 2nd gen CRX.
Our cars have a 4.28 for the DX and a 4.4 for the SI.

Mark.

Sorry just noticed XD, but what can i do about the bad syncro??

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Depends on how bad they are.
In the past I've tried spinning them one possession on the shaft.
which makes them brake on a different part of the cone.
It worked in my case but my grind was very minor.

Also try using Honda trans fluid or for the real bad syncro's try using GM Synchromesh modified.
It's very aggressive and works wonders in a honda tranny. call it miracle juice. I had a S1 tranny which was @#$*& in
2nd 3rd and 4th and it fixed 90% of my problems.

bigboi407

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ballade @ Nov 7 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends on how bad they are.
In the past I've tried spinning them one possession on the shaft.
which makes them brake on a different part of the cone.
It worked in my case but my grind was very minor.

Also try using Honda trans fluid or for the real bad syncro's try using GM Synchromesh modified.
It's very aggressive and works wonders in a honda tranny. call it miracle juice. I had a S1 tranny which was @#$*& in
2nd 3rd and 4th and it fixed 90% of my problems.

No fluid is gonna cure that grind... the 2nd gear grind happened ALL the time and it got annoying QUICK.. the magnets were completely full of metal particles inside the transmission... i dont plan on using it...i am gonna keep it in case i need parts, im gonna get ANOTHER one from another member anyways cause i think ima build a nice D15 W/ Bike Carbs or Mikunis/Webers, and might as well build Rebuild the transmission replace the worn parts and put all new bearings..

bigboi407

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Im posting again to show JEA86 a page from the manual

i dont feel like ripping apart this transmission again, is there any way the transmission can leak oil into the INSIDE of the housing?? ive got Chapter 15 printed on paper in front of me, i just dont wanna rip the whole transmission apart again when someone knows the answer

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Not that I'll convince you but you would be surprised what that stuff does.
isn't no snake oil. I had three gears which were toast. I ended up selling the tranny but kept the fluid LOL no joke!

bigboi407

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ballade @ Nov 8 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that I'll convince you but you would be surprised what that stuff does.
isn't no snake oil. I had three gears which were toast. I ended up selling the tranny but kept the fluid LOL no joke!

id rather just get the transmission from Mrfixit, hold on to it as a spare or rebuild it like new if i get around to building a side draft engine, this transmission had the magnets completely layered and covered with metal.. i ripped it apart for fun cause its just sitting around, and i figure i can use some parts out of it if need be

As for JEA86's Problem.. he has oil leaking Into the transmission housing from the mainshaft, im guessing theres a seal behind the bearing??

EDIT:

JEA86 You are correct, there is a oil seal for the main shaft under the bearing, i hope i dont have to pull my transmission again... i have 0 tolerance for oil leaks, to change this seal your gonna have to remove the main shaft, pull the bearing, change the seal, then put all new bearings in, and inspect your transmission (Might as well check everything out since its open) youll hate urself later if a bearing goes out and u need to pull it again so u might as well do it while its out..

013 91216-PA0-003 OIL SEAL (22X35X7) (ARAI)

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
tore apart my trans last night, seal was in fact leaking and was full of all kind of crud and brittle as can be,

ordered new seal and bearing from honda be here monday please keep pics up untill then at least
The Original CR-Z driver

bigboi407

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JEA86 @ Nov 9 2011, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tore apart my trans last night, seal was in fact leaking and was full of all kind of crud and brittle as can be,

ordered new seal and bearing from honda be here monday please keep pics up untill then at least

Dude.... im gonna make a sticky from these pics and MOAR.... i think i need to change the same seal.... transmission has 165k, and every seal in the engine was bad... so now i cant tell if the inside of the housing is dirty from oil from the rear main... or from the transmission mainshaft seal, sucks cause the car is all together and ready to fire up..

I Vote there should be a Transmission Sub-forum, im sure i PM'd a Mod, Well I think i did...... LOL

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
that would be awesome man! throwing it back together monday so whenever you get the chance throw it up!
The Original CR-Z driver

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Never read the thread, but voted. I think there should be a sub forum in the TECHNICAL section all about transmissions.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
I've sent this topic to RPR for his attention as requested. smile.gif
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

bigboi407

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
thank you xipher...

JAE86, Hows ur transmission coming along??

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
well i am on hold at the moment because i am waiting on the main input shaft seal and main input shaft bearing from Honda at this time
The Original CR-Z driver