• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

Quinn

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: S2000, SV650, OGCRX , CJ7 Diesel

Hi,

I'm trying to restore an 87 crx si to original condition.  I need a radio from the time period.  It would help if I had the plug for the dash harness as well (prior owner cut it and put in a cd player).

Thanks!

Quinn

86hatchie

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Civic HB Si + 87 CRX Si

Yep, I know what you are after but I don't have one.  Seems like everyone cut those things off when adding a new deck.  I'll keep my eyes out for one though.

Tim

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

For shits and giggles, how much would one be willing to pay for a stock deck with harness plug? 

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx
https://www.facebook...52105952512902/

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx
^ one being sold on the redpepperracing Facebook page currently, not mine, from a 86 Crx si comes with harness

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
type in concourse crx 1987. then go to the third page toward the bottom. i posted pix of the available radios per the 87 brochure. i vas able to locate each one and included a front, back pix. hope that helps what you are looking for and it'll confirm period correctness. since radios installed by dealer, you could have 88 and newer radios installed.

mine aren't for sale until i complete my restorations. i recall Keith Edwards had some and eqs a while back???? don't hold me to it.

as for what folks are willing to pay???. junkyard 10 , 20 bucks. most of mine came off my cars. I bought 2 or 3 nos from dealers several years ago for 40 cents on the dollar just to get rid of them. I think the high powered cassette retailed for 400-500 back in the day. I tend to recall members selling them for 20-50 depending on condition. i just don't hear much demand.

good for you in going to that detail!
Keepin' it OEM

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery

Try ebay they pop up there all the time.

Quinn

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: S2000, SV650, OGCRX , CJ7 Diesel

1stgenhybridCR-X : it looks like that one has been fairly well claimed... :(

Greasemonkey : some things are better how they were!