52 replies to this topic

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (a3h87 @ Mar 7 2007, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol....u do it..i pay u $100

For a $100? Would you like something else in there?

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Sgt. Pepper

I guess I'll post a WTB in the classified section for an Si oil pan and oil pick up.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If you go w/ the painted hedder, you may want to take the extra step to either burn off the existing paint and recoat it w/ a REAL high temp hedder paint, or just strip the origanal coat off and repaint it before you use it.
If not, the origanal paint WILL burn off and rust WILL start depositing on your hedders.
I actualy bought hedder paint when I went to Spring Carlisle last year (protects up to 3,000 degrees GARENTEED. And for a five ounce can... $21.99)

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Mar 8 2007, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you go w/ the painted hedder, you may want to take the extra step to either burn off the existing paint and recoat it w/ a REAL high temp hedder paint, or just strip the origanal coat off and repaint it before you use it.
If not, the origanal paint WILL burn off and rust WILL start depositing on your hedders.
I actualy bought hedder paint when I went to Spring Carlisle last year (protects up to 3,000 degrees GARENTEED. And for a five ounce can... $21.99)

Thanks for the heads up.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
I absolutely agree. The black paint Hedman uses on the Chikara headers sucks. Get high-temp stuff and you'll be happy. I had a Chikara torq-step header for over 2 years on a daily-driver CRX, and I really liked it. For the price, you can't beat it.

Mike
No power . . . no weight

Lobo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Silver 87 CRX dx
I have the same set up, 1.5 carbed, Chikara header & the SI oil pan, Just courious what did you all do with the ERG. We just burned a small hole with the welding tourch then welded it together. Also what cat works best with this setup because I at this time do not have one and the car just stinks.

Thanks,

Installer1

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 crx si, 1991 civic hatch turbo zc
I had the chikara header (painted), and I ran it with the full size radiator and I had a little problem with the engine running warm........I then wrapped it with header tape and it help some......I then installed the HF radiator and the problem went away..........(I had the full size one checked by a radiator shop to make sure it was flowing right). Don't know if anyone else experienced this problem, but I thought I would throw it out there, in case you did expreience the prob or something.......

Sorry to babble.....
Lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute me giving you all my extra parts.......

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
i bought the torqe step header and mine came with the ceramic coating and it burnt right off ,junk oh and youll have to buy an 02 sensor plug since they didnt make any with out the o2 sensor bung

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
Bosal makes a 4-2-1 header that is very comparable to the Mugen header. I had to replace my Mugen header after 18 years and this was the best alternative the was reasonbly priced. I believe that Heath McMillen (SCCA CSP Champ) did some desgin and testing work on the Bosal. It is nicely finished with good welds and thick flanges like the Mugen piece. My car made more power with the Bosal piece as well.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. -Groucho Marx

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (fhrcng @ Mar 17 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bosal makes a 4-2-1 header that is very comparable to the Mugen header. I had to replace my Mugen header after 18 years and this was the best alternative the was reasonbly priced. I believe that Heath McMillen (SCCA CSP Champ) did some desgin and testing work on the Bosal. It is nicely finished with good welds and thick flanges like the Mugen piece. My car made more power with the Bosal piece as well.

and where can these be found?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^^^^^^ NOPI has them amigo....

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 17 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^^^^^ NOPI has them amigo....

nice!
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Vicious

um can i get a link or something cuz i want the bosal header but couldn't find it.

http://www.nopionlin...l...=A&vcatid=0

it's no where on there unless i'm retarted

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
Here is one link:

http://www.racerpart...om/bosalhdr.htm
Part # BOS999320, 84 - 87 1.5 CRX, $344.96

Also contact Bosal NA to see where and if you can still get these:

http://www.bosalna.c...php?mod=contact

Good luck.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Sgt. Pepper

Just ordered the header from Summit. I already have the Si oil pan and oxygen sensor, but still need the oil pick-up.

Guess I need to remove the black paint and repaint it with GOOD heat paint. How did you guys remove it and what color did you paint yours. Is sandblasting an option? I will probably stay black, but thinking about silver. wink.gif