D Jaws II's Content

There have been 296 items by D Jaws II (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#379125 Rear Suspension Removal

Posted by D Jaws II on 13 March 2008 - 01:22 PM in 1G CRX

The only other item to note other than what Ben suggested, would be to check the mounting point for the panhard bar on the chassis. That crossmember and the ear off the drivers side is prone to rust and failure. Check it over and over to make sure that is ear and where the ear and crossmember converge, are solid. If not, build up and repair now, before car reaches the road.

Cheers,

Donnie

#378604 A Mugen Rep. Stopped By My House Today!

Posted by D Jaws II on 10 March 2008 - 07:44 PM in General Posts

Handsome little fellow.

It only gets better the older they get, enjoy them all the time. Before long they leave and life goes into the toilet with nothing but silence. Then comes grandkids. That's a whole new subject.

Cheers.

Donnie

#378601 Obd0 And Obd1 Distributor Adapters

Posted by D Jaws II on 10 March 2008 - 07:23 PM in Projects

What's a "prototype"? Had to look that one up. Them's some big words yous gots dare.

tongue.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

Donnie

Good engrish or nots, you dunn good.

Sorta on topic about spelling and what not:

Scary, I understood all of it.

"Tenjooberrymuds."

By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND "TENJOOBERRYMUDS"...

In order to continue getting-by in America (our home land), we all need to learn the NEW English language ! Practice by reading the following conversation until you are able to understand the term "TENJOOBERRYMUDS".

With a little patience, you'll be able to fit right in.
Now, here goes...

The following is a telephone exchange between maybe you as a hotel guest and call room-service somewhere in the good old USA today......

Room Service : "Morrin. Roon sirbees."

Guest : "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."

Room Service: " Rye. Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to oddor sunteen???"

Guest: "Uh..... Yes, I'd like to order bacon and eggs."

Room Service: "Ow July den?"

Guest: ".....What??"

Room Service: "Ow July den?!?... pryed, boyud, poochd?"

Guest: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry.. scrambled, please."

Room Service: "Ow July dee baykem? Crease?"

Guest: "Crisp will be fine."

Room Service: "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"

Guest: "What?"

Room Service: "An toes. July Sahn toes?"

Guest: "I... don't think so."

RoomService: "No? Judo wan sahn toes???"

Guest: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means."

RoomService: "Toes! Toes!...Why Joo don Juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"

Guest: "Oh, English muffin!!! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'... Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine."

RoomService: "We bodder?"

Guest: "No, just put the bodder on the side."

RoomService: "Wad?!?"

Guest: "I mean butter... just put the butter on the side."

RoomService: "Copy?"

Guest: "Excuse me?"

RoomService: "Copy...tea..meel?"

Guest: "Yes. Coffee, please... and that's everything."

RoomService: "One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin, we bodder on sigh and copy ... rye??"

Guest: "Whatever you say."

RoomService: "Tenjooberrymuds."

Guest: "You're welcome"

Remember I said "By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS' ".....and you do, don't you!

#378522 A Real Cut-up

Posted by D Jaws II on 10 March 2008 - 12:28 PM in Off-Topic

That looks like you had too much fun for somebody your age. A new project, hmmmmmm?

What are you doing about the painting deal? Too much time on your hands?

wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif Way cool, now get the paint done so you can stay outta da doghouse.

Cheers,

Donnie

#378521 How Do You Change....

Posted by D Jaws II on 10 March 2008 - 12:20 PM in Off-Topic

Oldschool.....

BTW, nothing in life is free. If it is, it is probabily junk and not worthwhile.

Many members here on RPR have donated. WHY? They as a majority enjoy the members, their passion for 1st gen and 3rd gens, so much so, that we give Tom the $$$'a to upgrade the site to better OUR enviroment, and the storage, speed and other features that come with a truely fantastic resource for us to share with others.

Simply put, you get what you pay for, and it is worth far more than what we pay for it, in both time and $$$$!!!!!

Donate what you can, and support Tom and the features he provides.

Cheers,

Donnie

#377890 Fundamental Weight Differences Hf Vs Si

Posted by D Jaws II on 06 March 2008 - 09:00 PM in General Posts

SI 1978.......HF 1713

Brakes are one thing, rear beam axle is lighter to go along with the Aluminum drums (lacks torsion bar), plus the overall way the interior panels are made, connected and where. For example, the SI is beefier in the "B" pillar, and "A" pillar, The front torsion bars I believe are also lighter. And being carb'd, I suspect that it too would be a reduction in weight from a fuel injection, the exhaust is smaller, the radiator I suspect is also smaller and lighter.

That is all that comes to mind, shallow as it is.

Donnie

#377595 After-market Sources For Door Skins

Posted by D Jaws II on 04 March 2008 - 11:11 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Grant87crxsi @ Mar 4 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the same problem so I found some one that does hot rods and ask him if he could make some for me. So he made some out of sheet metal and they turned out real good. Its pretty expensive though.

One off's generally are expensive. I would think if you had access to a brake, you could fab them up yourself.

Donnie

#377592 Left Alone At Harbor Freight For 3 Hours With My Credit Card...

Posted by D Jaws II on 04 March 2008 - 11:00 PM in Off-Topic

Funny you should mention Harbor Freight....in the same tone as I do. As a matter of fact, I was looking in the Yellow Book the other day, but couldn't find a listing for

Harbor Freight Shoppers Anonymous.

Dang, I hate it when that happens.

BTDT

Nice finds!!

Donnie

#377572 Sign Up For The Oklahoma Meet

Posted by D Jaws II on 04 March 2008 - 09:17 PM in Meets

Sorry guys, I regret I cannot make it. One of my daughters is getting married the following weekend. Just simply not enough time.

Have a few cold one's for me.

Cheers,

Donnie

#377445 Obd0 And Obd1 Distributor Adapters

Posted by D Jaws II on 04 March 2008 - 02:30 AM in Projects

That can be done??? No chit???

Well, now that you put it that way, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Which dizzy would be better for a D15A3 SI with a .060 shaved head (PE7), Prelude injectors, adjustable fuel pressure, cam gear, decked .006 block with PM7 pistons (hehe) and header? I currently run a PG7 ECU? And it runs real lean.

Now if one uses either of those two dizzy's, which ECU to get (assuming like the one that came with the dizzy) and what wiring needs to be done to do the change over? Harness (interior and engine???) and cluster from a donor car, yes?

I suppose that if one needs to change the ECU then I can put a socket into it and re-program the fuel/spark? Yes/No? This could get real interesting, quickly!

Do you have MORE control of the spark with OBD1 or OBD0? Or are they essentially the same?

Any ideas?

Great job David, you are a magician.

Drooling with anticipation. tongue.gif

Regards,

Donnie

#377274 Joke Of The Day

Posted by D Jaws II on 03 March 2008 - 05:56 AM in Off-Topic

I GOT STOPPED FOR SPEEDING THE OTHER DAY.

I THOUGHT I COULD TALK MY WAY OUT OF IT UNTIL

THE COP LOOKED AT MY DOG IN THE BACK SEAT.

Sign You're Driving Too Fast..

I got the ticket.

Donnie

#377271 The Kakabox Build

Posted by D Jaws II on 03 March 2008 - 05:12 AM in Projects

QUOTE (lxndr @ Mar 3 2008, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ideally a bellypan under the engine bay would make the hood vents 100% functional. The addition of a deep front lip, splitter and side skirts would create more downforce than you'd know what to do with, but this would also add significantly to drag. For an AX race car the hood vents should be sufficient, unless Kaka is planning to set a land-speed record.

But, the bellypan would need to first start at the splitter below the front lip and extend to just before the rear axle to take advantage of air flow. Leaving the oil pan/header tubes , that are actually the lowest, exposed thru said pan. The front lip/spliter and side skirts lxndr refers to, ultimately contacts the road surface to divide the incoming air, both around the vehicle and below. The path of the air is then forced straight to the rear to exit. No air from the sides can contaminate this flow that way.

Nice vents J. Just wished our rules allowed such features as discussed here. mad.gif

Donnie

#377241 The Mongoose Must Have Helped....

Posted by D Jaws II on 02 March 2008 - 11:51 PM in Competition

QUOTE (Greg Gauper @ Mar 2 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jay won down in Roebling!

Congrats for getting that monkey off your back!

First win for a Honda in H-Prod!

Congratulations Jay. Nice run. 21.667? And it was a National win. Pretty dang fast there man!

Question for you, the event was "Tom Nehl National Classic XXX"? What happens at those, you drive around nekked? I thought fire suits were mandatory? that's kinky. biggrin.gif blink.gif

Hope you put that monkey on a slow boat to China!!

Video?

And no female drivers? wink.gif tongue.gif

That is awesome! See you in Topeka during the fall.

Donnie

#377049 Who Are You, And Where Do You Live

Posted by D Jaws II on 01 March 2008 - 04:54 PM in South East

Climax Springs. Next to a flowing stream. tongue.gif wink.gif

Donnie

#376849 Parts Questions

Posted by D Jaws II on 28 February 2008 - 11:51 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (DallasCRX @ Feb 28 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there, this is my first post, kind of exciting!! I've been reading lots of great things on this forum. Just got some questions about aftermarket parts, I figured if anyone could help it's you guys/gals on this forum. I've got an '86 CRX Si, stock EW4 engine, I'm wondering if there are any companies out there making headers and intake manifolds for my car. I haven't been able to find anything to date. I was also looking at front strut braces and found some by Cusco and DC, are these good or is there a brand I'm better off with, I was thinking of making my own but they're not too expensive to just buy one. I know the round brace will provide more strength, just wondering what you're all using out there. Thanks for any responses!!

First off, welcome to the forums.

Performance parts are available from lots of vendors. Summit Racing for example sells headers. If you want braces, look around in the projects section. and you'll get ideas of things you could build, depending on your skills and the tools you have available to you. Specifically, look in the Kakabox thread, it is indexed at the top of that section. You will find a host of things you could do to better your performance. All with great documentation and pictures. (I love pictures) wink.gif Also in that section, if you read through it awhile, you will see who is buying what from where and for how much. Just take the time to read subjects that catch your interest, you will learn more in a shorter time than you could ever imagine.

BTW, nice ride in your gallery!! Who's the #34 ITC car?

Cheers,

Donnie

#376844 1g Crx In Wind Tunnel.

Posted by D Jaws II on 28 February 2008 - 11:30 PM in 1G CRX

It seems that the legislature's are listening to lobbyist who represent either the car manufacturers or the glass companies who make the glass for them.

Ben is right, there is nothing that the "Jaws of Life" can't cut. Seen it too many times. Having said that though, in retrospect, this is from the view point of a well built racecar, not a street driven car.

Donnie

#376822 Does Enybody Have Picture From Civic Underbody?

Posted by D Jaws II on 28 February 2008 - 10:17 PM in General Posts

David,

WOW, that contraption is a masterpiece. Nice work.

Cheers,

Donnie

#376817 Is Your Long, Hard Shifter Lonely?

Posted by D Jaws II on 28 February 2008 - 09:54 PM in General Posts

David and Jay,

It is tough getting old. The problem I have with magnifiers, the focal point is so far in for a given power, that wearing a contraption like that would be impossible under a welding helmet. BTDT.

I regularly use 7x and have a set of 10x for really upclose stuff. The 7x anything over 8" past your nose is out of focus and with the 10x it is like 4".

I may have an idea that I will try this weekend. Got to weld in a fuel cell and and I'll try it on that.

Cheers,

Donnie

#376813 Does Enybody Have Picture From Civic Underbody?

Posted by D Jaws II on 28 February 2008 - 09:42 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Feb 28 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell you what, I'll go out into the shop right now and take a pick. Don't know how well it will come out...

Back in a few

Insert theme song from Jeopardy.

da da da duh da da duh, da da da da duh.....dadadada....... tongue.gif

Donnie

#376713 Is Your Long, Hard Shifter Lonely?

Posted by D Jaws II on 28 February 2008 - 12:00 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (Greg Gauper @ Feb 28 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jay,

I think I discovered why you have been having bad luck this year....

I don't know if you noticed it or not....it appears you have a gremlin on your dash tongue.gif

Greg,

I believe Jay has beem trying to find where that monkey lives in his car. Time to get him outta there and onto someone else. Jay's back is getting tired.

Donnie

#376570 Does Enybody Have Picture From Civic Underbody?

Posted by D Jaws II on 27 February 2008 - 03:23 PM in General Posts

There is probably only one car that attention has been given to the bottom side. This is based solely upon his attention to detail, and I don't know if he has or has not, but the Kakabox would be one to check out.

Cheers,

Donnie

#376566 Joke Of The Day

Posted by D Jaws II on 27 February 2008 - 03:06 PM in Off-Topic

QUOTE (jsgprod @ Feb 27 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it Pink on the inside?

I cannot verify the authenticity of that communication…But I could imagine it happening! tongue.gif

ROFLMAO

I have never heard that one Jay. Pretty good!!!

Cheers,

Donnie

#376531 Does Enybody Have Picture From Civic Underbody?

Posted by D Jaws II on 27 February 2008 - 09:52 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Feb 27 2008, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Rampage had a pic of the bottom side of his Hatch a while ago.

And it was pink. As they say, "Its all pink underneath." lol

Donnie

#376160 Wtb Misc 1st Gen Part

Posted by D Jaws II on 25 February 2008 - 12:24 PM in WTB

I have a tan headliner. And need specifics on what you need for the door. At least a picture of what you are missing would help in identifying it.

Donnie

#376158 Wtb Parts For 87 Crx Si

Posted by D Jaws II on 25 February 2008 - 12:22 PM in WTB

David,

Welcome to the forum. What kind of performance parts are you looking for or what are you ambitions for the car? Suspension, if you look around a little bit, you will find a variety of suspension parts one can put on depending on what your plans are and how deep are your pockets.

Specifics are always better when posting, and details will come.

Cheers,

Donnie