1986 Exhaust Manifold Help

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

86CivicGuy

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic DX 1.5L
Hey guys, first post here, ever. I have a 1986 Honda Civic DX and I've been looking at replacing or even upgrading my current exhaust manifold into higher flow ones for a while now (for what reason? the stock ones are ugly and rusted, not to mention, I want to keep the originality of the vehicle intact.) However, searching "1986 Honda Civic exhaust manifold", or anything for that fact, pulls up the traditional style headers, 4 exhaust ports evenly spaced apart.. upon closer inspection in my engine bay I realized that the ones on my 1986 Civic DX are 4 ports, bundled into 2 with room in between for spark plugs. So what I end up with is loads of results for traditional style manifolds, or just gaskets. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or am I going to need to get them fabricated? Thanks so much!

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT

welcome to the forum 86CivicGuy..This forum has just come back up so be patient as responses will slowly come in.

As for your question, you are correct that an aftermarket header is an option however the inventory (meaning used) is pretty sparse but sellers do have inventory albeit pricey given the lack of inventory.  One member, Marcos Rivera, has a decent inventory as I recall.  However I don't remember his screen name on this site.

If you haven't checked out the facebook page, do so as well as many sell their wares there  You'll find Marcos on the Official redpepperracing page.

Elliot

Posted Image