hondaCRX's Content

There have been 31 items by hondaCRX (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#467540 Bay Area Meet

Posted by hondaCRX on 31 October 2009 - 06:45 AM in General Posts

glad to see me ex made it!! biggrin.gif

#459125 Michael Jackson Resurrected...

Posted by hondaCRX on 26 August 2009 - 01:16 PM in Off-Topic

or fast forward to 38 seconds.

#453593 1987 Honda Crx Si

Posted by hondaCRX on 21 July 2009 - 07:17 PM in FS

SOLD TO FELIXTHECATALYST FROM SAN BRUNO, CA

here's a link to my craigslist ad-

http://sfbay.craigsl...1276879705.html

PLEASE REPLY TO [email protected]

Im selling my 1987 Silver Honda CRX Si(BONE STOCK except for a few things), because I need room in my drive way. Sadly, I recently bought a family car so this one has to go. It has approximately 180,000 miles on the engine and body. Oil changes every 3,000-4,000 miles, the timing belt and water pump were approximately done 2 years ago. Valve cover gasket and grommets were also done about the same time, but now need replacing. It's dripping a little oil but not too bad. The oil level on the dipstick is still on the top dot. Might be good to do an oil change soon, but when you smell the oil on the dipstick it doesn’t smell bad at all- meaning its not burning anything. There’s oxidation between the sunroof and windshield and on the hood of the engine bay. The rear driver’s side quarter panel has damage, the previous owner said one day at a parking lot he saw a dent and decided to do the bondo work himself. I'd give the job 3 out of 10 just for the effort. Idle gets a little rough with the headlights on, maybe just needs a new battery. And I bought the car with the A/C not working. THAT IS ALL THAT IS WRONG WITH THE CAR. I've recently had the clutch replaced with an OEM one maybe less than 1,000 miles ago. It was from AutoZone with the life time warranty. I've done tasteful mods to the car and I can explain all of them to you. I've used the car as a commuter since it gives me about 37 miles to the gallon!! I commuted everyday from Vallejo to Sacramento(school), Vallejo to San Rafael(work) and lastly Vallejo to San Francisco(work). I would say its 95% highway miles.

I lowered the car a few years ago using Tokico Blue Gas Shocks and Monkeyz-Tek rear coil-overs with 350 lbs grade. The great thing about this car is that you will have the option over lowering or raising it since im using COIL OVERS. Not lowering springs, which only give you one height option and tends to sag over time. About my car again, all you need to do to raise the front is using a socket wrench and turning TWO BOLTS TOTAL; one for each side. This car uses torsion bars for the front suspension, not springs like the newer cars. I still have the stock torsion bars installed since I didn’t want my ride/commute to be too harsh for me. The rear coil-overs are very stiff though and you do feel it when driving on rougher roads. To adjust the coil-overs you need to raise the car and use the special wrench that came with it. You are able to lower the car from 0 inches to 3 inches. The coil-overs were specifically made for CRX’s from 1984-1987. A lot of people on here might try to sell you something similar but they are probably for a Miata or something. They have also been discontinued, I think when i purchased mine, it was in the last group buy for them. SO THESE COIL OVERS ARE VERY RARE AND LIMITED. I have it lowered at about 1 1/4 inches all around. There’s a California Law that states how low you can lower your car without it being "illegal," they measure it by measuring how low the center of your car's headlight is. Mine is at it's absolute lowest. You can make it lower if you want but for me i didn't want to give any police officer to question what I’ve done to the car. I also had the fenders rolled incase you wanted to put in some after market rims with different specs.

I also installed a front upper strut bar and B-Pillar bar to improve the rigidity. They were made by JEM Motorsports and actually the B-Pillar bar was a prototype. But the actual ones that JEM Motorsports sells are exactly the same. I also have a faux carbon fiber cover on mine. It looks a lot better than the plain shiny steel ones.

I installed a Grant GT steering wheel and actually it makes driving this car feel like a go-kart. Which is a plus I have to say. Also, I wanted to have cup holders and I didn't really use the dashboard "cubby so I fitted one there.

I had the car smogged at the end of last year and it passed with flying colors. No real engine problems, only a few leaks. I have not driven this car much after that so it will produce the same outcome. I encourage you to check this car out in person. That’s pretty much all i can say about the car. If you have anymore questions fell free to email me and I’ll try to reply as soon as possible. I've already considered everything there is and including how the economy is now. More MPG = More valuable, and for a 21 year old car it's not in bad shape at all. Low miles for its year and produces better mileage than a lot of cars out there now. Thank you for looking

#442085 Seat Swap

Posted by hondaCRX on 14 May 2009 - 06:44 PM in Swaps

http://sfbay.craigsl...1169469726.html

http://sfbay.craigsl...1164586278.html

#441952 87 Crx Si For Sale In Norcal Bay Area.

Posted by hondaCRX on 13 May 2009 - 09:47 PM in FS

reply to the email on the ad and mention rpr and your sn. special price for you guys!!! smile.gif

http://sfbay.craigsl...1169858171.html

#440956 My French Af53 Crx

Posted by hondaCRX on 06 May 2009 - 06:46 PM in Projects

more pix of the rear seat? smile.gif

#434226 I Have Unlimited Carfax Until 4/20

Posted by hondaCRX on 23 March 2009 - 09:00 PM in Off-Topic

shoot me a PM.

also taking donations in paypal. biggrin.gif

#432670 Transmission Problem! :(

Posted by hondaCRX on 14 March 2009 - 06:51 PM in General Posts

ya i understand the trans was out of its way for being an older car. he offered to help with labor to put a new one in. i actually didnt find a rebuilt one for 300. only 720 at attarco. bummer. but i do feel like the car is worth it so i think im going to go with the 750. bye bye tax return!! dry.gif

i already reserved a trailer from uhaul on monday so ill be towing it home on my day off. yay. then hopefully attarco can deliver on that same day or tuesday.

the only reason why i dont want to do the lucas thing is because there's timed parking where the car is sitting right now. mon-fri 7am-6pm 2 hours. and im working here until 1030 so i wont be able to do anything, and i really dont want to come back here tomorrow just to put fthe lucas in and then leave to go back home then come back in the morning the next day.

thanks guys!!

#432643 Transmission Problem! :(

Posted by hondaCRX on 14 March 2009 - 01:47 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 14 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your friend at the jiffy lube just fucked your transmission. this is why alot of places will not flush your transmission unless you tell them you have had no problems with it, because if you HAVE had any sort of slipping problem, that means parts are starting to wear out. your old fluid would have probably smelled a little burnt and was dark. thats because it was full of friction material from the inside of the transmission and its internal clutches.

if an auto trans is already to that point, changing the fluid WILL end that transmission. the new fluid will clean away what little friction material you HAD left and leave you with a nice clean non grabbing slushbox.

you may be able to limp a little further by adding some Lucas transmission stop slip. THIS WILL NOT FIX YOUR TRANS> ITS DEAD. what he told you about you old fluid being thick and it having enough pressure and now the oil was thinner and so it wouldnt, is a load of horse shit. trans fluid is hydrolic fluid. old or new, thick or thin, hydrolic fluid unless LEAKING out of where its being forced around in WILL NOT CHANGE IN PRESSURE. PRESSURE ON A FLUID IN A SEALED ENVIRONMENT will have the SAME pressure NO MATTER the fluid density!

before you spend that 300 dollars on another slush box, go to the JY and ask them if you can get a 5 speed conversion for that price.you may up spending more. you will need a clutch, flywheel, 5 speed transmission, pedals, clutch cable, and shifter linkage.
IT WILL BE MONEY WELL SPENT. an auto will only go bad again. the 5 speed just wears out the clutch... which is nothing more than fancy disc brake attached to the end of your engine. its a normal wear part that CAN be easily fixed and WONT require you to rebuild the trans every time it goes bad.

thanks for your input. this sounds the most logical from all ive heard. by limp, would i be able to drive it about 45 miles on the freeway?

i wanted an auto for this car because of traffic and commute. so i guess its time to look for an auto trans.

attarco is charging a newly rebuilt one for 750
local picknpull is charging 125

#432597 Transmission Problem! :(

Posted by hondaCRX on 14 March 2009 - 04:47 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (Screech @ Mar 14 2009, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this Integra an automatic?

yes it is.

#432592 Transmission Problem! :(

Posted by hondaCRX on 14 March 2009 - 02:48 AM in General Posts

ok so i posted this on a different forum and havent gotten any replies. i have a 1990 acura integra that just stopped engaging and was wondering whats going on... here's what i posted..

my homie has been working at a local jiffy lube for a while now and offered to do a trans flush in my LS. he did it last sunday. i drove the car one time after that on monday and had it sitting at my house until yesterday, when i drove it to work(about 45miles one way) then i drove it home last night and everything was fine until i drove it to work again today.

i was at a stop light then all of a sudden the car jerked a few times and i couldnt accelerate anymore. i pulled over and turned the car off. i checked the fluid and looked like there was enough. got back in and turned the car on and it engaged and i was able to drive it for about 3 blocks then it disengaged. i turned it off, waited a little bit, turned it back on and was able to drive about a yard then i pulled over and called it quits. also, the car wasnt over heating at all or anything wierd.

i called my friend that did the flush and he said he was going to call his friend that worked at honda. he called back and said that since my old fluid was so thick, i was able to have enough pressure in the trans to get it going. but since the new fluid wasnt as thick, its slipping like that. he asked if i wanted to put a new trans since mine is pretty much shot. a new rebuilt one is around 300 here.

i was able to drive the car over 100 miles until it gave out from the point of getting it flushed. the car only has about 180k miles. he told me he used dextron iv.

any ideas?

thanks rpr!!

#432099 How Much Would You Say My Car Is Worth?

Posted by hondaCRX on 11 March 2009 - 09:38 PM in General Posts

ya the quarter damage does suck. i dont do body work so i just left it the way it is. i guess the story is, the previous owner had drama with someone and the guy took a bat to it at a community college. but that was many years ago.

the timing belt and water pump was done about 1 and a half years ago. im not too sure anymore.

#431963 How Much Would You Say My Car Is Worth?

Posted by hondaCRX on 11 March 2009 - 04:47 AM in General Posts

Here's some pictures. This is my Northern Cali baby with under 180k miles and no rust or leaks. Lowered on Blues and monkeyz-tek 350s in the rear. sadly the fronts have the stock torsion bar. recently put in front strut bar and b-pillar bar.

The bads.. Dent and bondo'd by previous owner on the rear quarter panel, saggy rear bumper, oxidation on the hood, no a/c, no wiper pump, and thats about it. biggrin.gif

#430179 So Its Time To Replace The Alternator...

Posted by hondaCRX on 28 February 2009 - 05:04 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 27 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a special place in Hell reserved for the guy who designed the alternator placement on Hondas. The trick is to bring the alternator up from the bottom rather than try and put in in from the top.

How fresh are your plugs, cap and rotor?

Scott

my plugs, cap and rotor are pretty fresh. about a year now i believe. i have yet to get under my 90 integra and work on the alternator. im praying it wont give out anytime soon since youre going to need to remove an axle for that one!! hahahaha grrrrrrrrreat!

i worked on my alternator ALL yesterday... and let me tell you... what a pain in the BUTT.

everything was going easy with the first bolt. took the driver side front wheel off to get to the second one. THAT bolt wasn't budging kinda stripped it a little and tried for hours different ways to loosen it. i ended up using a sawsall and cutting through and chizeling the nut off of that bolt. the bolt was so rusted even the alternator wouldnt move from a regular push of my hand. i had to use a crow bar to move it around to loosen it up. but after all that it was a breeze putting everything back together. yay!!

thanks guys!

#429932 So Its Time To Replace The Alternator...

Posted by hondaCRX on 26 February 2009 - 11:34 PM in 1G CRX

today as i was going to work going over the golden gate bridge the battery light on my dash lit up. and stayed lit up until i rev'd it passed 3k...

**sighhh**

bought an alternator from kragen and gunna tackle this over the weekend.. does anyone suggest i do anything else while i work on her?

i actually had the water pump and t-belt done not too long ago, and filters and oil not too long either..

thanks guys!!

#429928 Rear Speakers?

Posted by hondaCRX on 26 February 2009 - 11:25 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Goldglover91 @ Feb 27 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys...i've been a lingerer on ths site for a while now....anyways i got a 1987 CRX DX and i just put in a new pioneer radio system...igot the pioneer head unit and the 4" speakers in the front...is there anyplace i can get brackets for the back speakers and can you tell me where exactly they go??

best thing to do is go to your local junkyard and grab all the needed hardware. trim pieces and brackets.

#427865 D16a1 Swap Into Crx With A/c

Posted by hondaCRX on 12 February 2009 - 01:43 PM in Swaps

QUOTE (crxstew @ Feb 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is using A/C in a D16A1 swap? How did you do it? My crx has the Sanden compressor. I have an old compressor and I tried to fit it on the D16 a/c bracket and it will not fit. Do you use an Integra a/c compressor or modify the integra bracket to use the crx compressor?

im pretty sure either way will work. im thinking the easier route is to grab an integra system.

#427759 Who Has Actually Done A D16a1 Swap?

Posted by hondaCRX on 11 February 2009 - 08:11 PM in Swaps

would this work on a 87 crx?

http://www.attarco.c...64fa07fd0cca11f

if i was able to get all the parts from a junk yard. like the mounts and stuff?

#424115 Motor Mounts For A Swap?

Posted by hondaCRX on 17 January 2009 - 01:06 PM in Swaps

hmmm and a stock d16a1 puts out about 116hp right? damn... i was hoping like 125 at least!!

#423682 Motor Mounts For A Swap?

Posted by hondaCRX on 13 January 2009 - 11:58 PM in Swaps

what swap am i able to do that doesnt require custom mounts?

if im able to do a swap using junkyard mounts im happy!!

and if the price is right ill be starting this real soon. biggrin.gif

Spec:
Stock 87 crx Si

#422568 Better Headlight Out Put.

Posted by hondaCRX on 07 January 2009 - 02:16 AM in 1G CRX

whos the trusted ebay seller and does he have anymore in stock? i think im going to hold off on the 9007 conversion because reading through the thread, some peoples harnesses burnt up. yikes!!

#421831 Better Headlight Out Put.

Posted by hondaCRX on 01 January 2009 - 02:36 AM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (flashmatrix @ Dec 31 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont have pics of the setup at the moment. But ill get some as soon as i can.
They are as bright as the ones in the picture.

^^^ This kit is using the 4300k bulbs. Which is the one I chose.
Of course you can get them in a higher number .They get bluer 6000k and up but when the number goes higher they illuminate a bit less. The 4300k are the best performing ones and illuminate a super white with a very slight hint of blue. They are as bright as daylight!

The kit I purchased from ebay cost me about $55 shipped a few months ago (stayed up till 2am ph34r.gif ) . It came with the ballasts, wiring and bulbs. Plug and Play. Very simple to install. I also have these on my daily driver (6000k), and have been using them for over 8 months with no problem. Ive seen some kits that are actually well made and some that are a nightmare. Theres stories on how the ebay kits suck and how some where good. I got lucky with the kits I purchased. Roll of the dice, I guess.

Heres a listing to the kit i have on the daily: HID KIT

im gunna need a how-to on that stat! what headight enclosure did you use?

#421806 Better Headlight Out Put.

Posted by hondaCRX on 31 December 2008 - 08:40 PM in 1G CRX

can i see pix of your set up? and how much did it cost?

#421763 Better Headlight Out Put.

Posted by hondaCRX on 31 December 2008 - 02:38 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Dec 31 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 9007 bulbs, I don't think are really any better. The difference in the 9004 and 9007 bulbs are the position of the filaments. Be easier just to buy some 90/100W 9004s IMO. My Sentra uses 9007 bulbs, not anything spectacular. Now the H4 bulbs seem much better. Maybe try using the EDM/JDM headlights and a H4 bulb, or just better 9004s. Or try the 9007 conversion and let us all know here.

ive been wanting a reason to change my bulbs but the 3 years ive owned her now there's been no reason to. those damned headlight bulbs wont burn out. biggrin.gif

but i think ill try it sometime next week while i work on her hazards too. ill post results in a new thread if its worthy of it.

#421750 What Do You Think About A Miata?

Posted by hondaCRX on 31 December 2008 - 12:55 PM in Off-Topic

i too am looking into miatas as a new dd not sure if i want the first gen or 2nd. i want to preserve my 1g for a while.

i was actually also looking into the mkii mr2 turbos...