Another Power Steering Thread - Ebay Reman Racks

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.

I'm pretty sure the Teg power rack is quicker than the HF.  I posted the ratio here somewhere recently.  I'd bet a $

Granted, my rules are FAR different but I dont understand not allowing a steering quickener.  My rules dont say not to so I got a 2:1.  Tech has been all over my car since and never said a word.  They had my hood up Friday night and didn't mention the header either.....  Surely, it's not to keep cost down.  My ebay $112 quickener was worth every penny.  I probably would have paid twice that. 

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

In our rules, if it doesn't say you can, you can't.

SP rules are fairly liberal WRT to using parts not originally available on the car, and if the Integra PS rack is the same as the Civic PS rack, then it's allowed, because I can update backdate from any Civic model 1984-1987.

I would even hazard a guess as to say that, since the replacement radius arms have the same part number for both Civic and Integra, that if you could somehow manage to find a pair of the longer Integra arms, they would be admissible given the part numbers.  At least one other racer with experience in the matter said any challenge would be stopped with the part number coming up as for the CRX.

Longer LCA OR camber plates are admissible, but not both.  Ah, loopholes :)

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

I'm not saying they are allowed in SP, I just remember reading that a class allowed them as long as they are installed outside the passenger cabin, something we can not do with our cars.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

CSPCRX

I notice less of a need on at the NASA events vs Solo events.  There are a few turns where I want the quicker steering but I really feel the need in Solo events with the tight slaloms.  Try the HF and see if that works.  Within the rules and no mods required.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip

well, I've got the HF rack on the car.   Not much of a help :(

But, I think I was negotiating the slaloms a little quicker on Sunday than Saturday.  Saturday oversteer was the limiting factor but I upped the front shocks then the steering became the limiting factor.

Just not sure there is a solution that stays in the rules.

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.
I had every intention of checking the teg rack to see if the rack and pinion could be swapped into a crx manual case. I still haven't done so and it would require removal and disassembly of the rack in my car (not gonna happen right now). I can take some measurements of the rack "shaft" to see how it would compare to the crx's. I think it will swap and is faster than an HF.

If you have any interest, I'll take some measurements. If it's close and maybe fits I'll ship it to ya at cost. You have a stock rack out of the car right?

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip

It's back in.  I'll be out of town between events so doubtful I could get to it, although I do have the stock Si rack sitting in my garage.

I thought I had seen somewhere that the Integra ratio was not that different from the HF.  3.6 turns maybe?