Nooooooooooooooo Why God? Water In Oil. Advise Please.

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Crx SI

yeah it is an si motor. I got the feeling that the oil cooler is a suspect, and I say that because yesterday I was checking hose lines about to pull the head off and sure enough a bunch of oil coolant mix inside the hoses. So I am thinking that the oil engine cooler might be the part that failed. In my experience when a head gasket fails it usually just mixes coolant into the oil and usually not the other way around. Plus I have had this car for a while and its over heated multiple times without warping the head or popping the head gasket. However my concern is where the hell do I find a oil cooler????? 

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude

I think I have an Si oil cooler.  Hit me with a PM.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

what can I use to clean out all that oil coolant mix out of my engine and my coolant lines?

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I know imam have to take of the water pump and clean that but what else should I clean and how. Its only chunky in my hoses and I have a flush line attached to my hose so I was just gonna flush the funk out of the lines. what else will make this right?

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx

I would do a compression test to determine if it is the oil cooler or the head gasket. I would not check the bearings as they are probably good. I'd flush both systems a couple of times and thats it. Dave

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
So I took the head off and when taking off by he bolts I noticed that the bolts did not feel like they were tightened down at all. I could of took the bolts off with my fingers. :( head still looked straight and gasket still looked brand new.i took it to the machine shop to have it cleaned and measured but imma almost certain that was the problem. Ill update after machine shop gets bacl to me

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

I'd replace those bolts, think you can get ARP studs for it still. Heck, make the best of an opportunity, throw a Cosmetic Head gasket on there and some ARP studs and go turbo  :P

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Got head resurfaced on yesterday just got to do the timing and get the wiring harness pluged in and ill fire it up

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element

A bad oil cooler would explain the oil pressure shooting up.

Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
So I got the head back together the oil cooler was fine the oil and water no longer mix head is torqued to speck but now im hhaing a new problem. It seems like the lifters are very loud. Ive lost a lot of compression an the idle is ugly imma start a new thread