Texas Round Up 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
TEXAS ROUNDUP 2010

HONDA 1G CRX / 3G HATCH / 3G SEDAN / 3G WAGON
REGIONAL MEET

June 26th - Saturday

DALLAS / FT WORTH AREA

Hosted by DFW member Gimpalot - directions & contact information to follow

Schedule Under Construction (please send along interests. 2 day meet??? Possible?)

9AM - 1PM
Meet & Greet
Car Wash, Detail & Prep
Vintage Tin Display
Parts Swap/Buy/Sell
BBQ on Grill (begins around 11:30)

1PM - 4PM (Cruise / Go-Kart / Putt-Putt) up for group decision
2 fun zone locations for for arcade/putt-putt/go-kart racing
Cruise local attractions (6th floor museum/Southfork/Stockyards/Walker TX Ranger Bar/ etc...)
Cruise local skylines, Cowboy Statium and/or lake areas for photo opportunities

4PM - 7PM
Dinner BBQ
Refreshments
Vintage Tin Display

7PM - 9:30PM (to dark)
Evening sunset photo shots w/ skyline, Cowboy Statium, Lakeside scenery (another excuse for a cruise)

9:30PM on ???? up to group and Gimpalot

MEMBERS ATTENDING
86 Hamstersi
badpenny
Gimpalot
Greasemonkey
Zakats
CRX-Kid
MadMax (possible)
Sinic (possible)
Gant (possible)
ATXBOY (possible)
VaporParanoia(possible)
Oklahoma members (don't want to speak for them, but some are attending)
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
It seemed like we pushed it too hard on the guys coming in from out of town having the last one on Sunday night. ie.. having to rush back to school and work and such. So suggest on a saturday? And not around any major holidays. Personally, I don't car if its spring, summer or fall.

I guess the first Q would be what city? Gotta keep it fair and move it around. Unless there is a strong majority in one location. It seems like there are ~5 of us in the DFW. But dont' want to leave out guys from Houston, San Anton, Austin....

I don't want to put anyone out and have it at the house if a meeting place can be had.
Keepin' it OEM

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
DFW seems to be the TX rpr mecca, there are a lot of Houston peppers but not many of which are very active- we were able to get about 6 together once a couple Christmases ago but I doubt we'd be able to get 3 together and I'd probably be the only one who'd travel... according to past experiences unless Rarebud, who no longer owns a 1g, wanted to come out of nostalgia.

BP has mentioned having a meet in Corpus Christi but is unlikely due to the fact that it is completely out of the way for almost everyone.

the most logical of choices would be DFW, planned ahead of time with an aggressive advert/recruiting campaign laugh.gif so we can get people to travel out there. I believe that we will need to get a lot of people to agree to make the trip so that others will see that it is a 'big deal' and they will follow... kinda like the north, east, and west meets. On the other hand, part of what makes those meets so successful is the fact that they have a bigger concentration of local members- we would need to negate this by getting people to *legitimately* commit to attending.

I make it to every single Texas meet that I can just like several other peppers and always have a blast, it is only fitting that we make that happen on a bigger scale.

btw, go-karts last time was a blaaast
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
I had you in mind Zakats about the long drive. It needs to be fare for all. Had some discussion w/ some OK members and they expressed interest in potentially attending. BUt a 4-6 hour drive is a big deal.

So DFW is great for me, but don't want to be selfish.
Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I don't mind driving somewhere else if need be but would like to see some numbers of members. Austin would be awesome but places to stay would be the problem. Just let me know what other ideas yall may have. I may have to find a super cheap si shell to rip all the extra needed stuff like the pedals with bracket ,wire harness, clutch cable, d16a1 tranny, ecu and lots of other stuff. Back on topic, would prefer a summer meet since school will be out at that time and everyone has time to get stuff caught up on their projects and plans. I believe we may actually have civics wagons crx's and a sedan at this meet finally. Should be awesome. More replys please.

waiting on bp's reply ph34r.gif

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I typically have a Memorial Day meet (whether i want to or not dry.gif )
I could host it, or Gimpalot could (he has kids, ya know)

Either way, May/June is a nice time. We could raid the local Putt-Putt, they have gocarts.

For the Record, Zak, I said "SURFSIDE TX, not Corpus Christi" Geez, Damn Houstonians, think anything outside the beltway, going southwest is Corpus. rolleyes.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Why don't we say mid to late june so the kiddies are out of school and we can free up more time. Most university classes should be over as well for the study minded. My preference would be w/ BP and keep the meet where the most members are. But think we should consider other locations in the future to accomodate others (if the number warrant).

End of June gives the guys more time to get projects together.

I enjoyed the race cars, but since I got there late due to scanning the brochures, I just didnt' get a lot of face time w/ a lot of you guys. So if someone wants/can host, that's great. We could BBQ.

Can you guys deal w/ a saturday instead of Sunday?

D
Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
For June on a saturday I can only do the 12th or the 26th. Gotta work every other weekend. Not sure about everyone elses dates. We need to do a two day thing. Hang out friday and be up and early saturday. That is the only bad thing. We always start off too late in the day. It should be like at 8am. That way we can fit a cruise in there. Just an idea.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jan 14 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the Record, Zak, I said "SURFSIDE TX, not Corpus Christi" Geez, Damn Houstonians, think anything outside the beltway, going southwest is Corpus. rolleyes.gif

haha all the same, it isn't likely to encourage a big turnout... too bad we don't have more racers here in TX, we could have looked into getting J914 or whatever his sn is to hook us up with some track time at MSR Houston (which wouldn't happen anyways unless we had a lot of moolah, as in several grand)
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '85 CRX Si, '92 Goldwing GL1500A, '07 Silverado
    Garage View Garage
If we want to do at the end of June, I would be down with that, and with hosting if wanted...

I have a family vacation planned in early-mid june, and will be "semi-unemployed" by then so time will be ideal...
I should also be well underway in my build/project too...
May be at a point where a couple of extra hands is all it would take to finish her out, by then...

QUOTE (Sinic @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I've got stuff going on after June 26th, so would you guys consider pegging June 26th (saturday)? That way it'll work for Gimp. Gives the rest of us time to divert other "gotta dos" so we can keep the date.

I think a drive would be cool. Be good to hang out somewhere where we can shoot the breeze and look the cars over (again, I was late last year and missed 1/2 the meet).

I know I can't support a 2 day event. I'd be like 3/4 of a day. But no 2AM's for me. I'm outta the drinking game so I don't need alc.

Thoughts?
Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
The 26th would be perfect for me. Lots of time to work on my sedan. We need to see if that putt putt could work out a deal for us. They also have golf and bumper boats. Or even six flags. As for drinking I dont do it. Any cruise ideas? food? people needing a place to crash for the meet? omgwtfbbq? pictures at the new cowboy stadium? Any other texas peppers out there? need more input.

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Bump dry.gif

evillikeme

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 Honda CRX, 89 Acura Integra, 72 Chevy El Camino
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Jan 14 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DFW seems to be the TX rpr mecca, there are a lot of Houston peppers but not many of which are very active- we were able to get about 6 together once a couple Christmases ago but I doubt we'd be able to get 3 together and I'd probably be the only one who'd travel... according to past experiences unless Rarebud, who no longer owns a 1g, wanted to come out of nostalgia.

BP has mentioned having a meet in Corpus Christi but is unlikely due to the fact that it is completely out of the way for almost everyone.

the most logical of choices would be DFW, planned ahead of time with an aggressive advert/recruiting campaign laugh.gif so we can get people to travel out there. I believe that we will need to get a lot of people to agree to make the trip so that others will see that it is a 'big deal' and they will follow... kinda like the north, east, and west meets. On the other hand, part of what makes those meets so successful is the fact that they have a bigger concentration of local members- we would need to negate this by getting people to *legitimately* commit to attending.

I make it to every single Texas meet that I can just like several other peppers and always have a blast, it is only fitting that we make that happen on a bigger scale.

btw, go-karts last time was a blaaast

A corpus christi meet would be awsome but like you said it is kind of out of the way for most members and I think that im the only corpus christi member. I would come to a houston meet though.
Just call me Chuck, cause I don't give a f@*k!

evillikeme

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 Honda CRX, 89 Acura Integra, 72 Chevy El Camino
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jan 14 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I typically have a Memorial Day meet (whether i want to or not dry.gif )
I could host it, or Gimpalot could (he has kids, ya know)

Either way, May/June is a nice time. We could raid the local Putt-Putt, they have gocarts.

Ha, i use to work in Surfside. I would be down for a meet there, its not too far from corpus.
Just call me Chuck, cause I don't give a f@*k!