• You cannot reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
a B swap and low budget don't really work together.
unless you find a lot of free parts......I don't

the_lorax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Gen 1 CRX, S13 Silvia, AW11 MR2
Tried to do it on the cheap and the motor and gearbox both sucked.

Got sick of that plan and started building it properly once I had the axle combo worked out. Can't change my thread title for some reason now ohmy.gif)

brando

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (the_lorax @ Mar 24 2011, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried to do it on the cheap and the motor and gearbox both sucked.

Got sick of that plan and started building it properly once I had the axle combo worked out. Can't change my thread title for some reason now ohmy.gif)

well now at least you got that stuff out of the way and we can all learn from you and maybe one day do it on the cheap ourselfs. thank you sir

the_lorax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well it goes now and she's a lot of fun! =)

I just drove it home from the workshop running open headers. Its crazy loud, so no dynos or driving it round until I have an exhaust on it which should be the end of the week. Its looking like its going to be a constant push for more traction with this car, requiring a LSD box and an upgrade to 195/50/15's from the current 185/60/14.

Now the list of stuff to fix starts. She needs traction badly, I can't get the power down in first of second gear until its doing around 70km. This is because the car is pitching up and down like crazy under acceleration and braking due to shitty shocks and no preload on the torsion bars. Once we put the front Koni's back in I'll get Jonno to reindex the torsion bars and raise the front of the car slightly by winding the preload nut back in.

I've already put a dent in the bottom of the new headers and some of the heat wrapping has ripped from bottoming out sad.gif

I'm really happy and the car goes like snot.

Edited by the_lorax, 28 March 2011 - 02:12 AM.

the_lorax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well, daily driving & backing into my neigbours ute took its toll on the CRX.

So I did some work!

Got the header panel, both front guards and the bumper repaired, painted and fitted up. I'm stoked with the result and its a big change from 24 hours ago.

More on NZhondas
http://nzhondas.com/...s-1g-crdhx.html
http://nzhondas.com/...s-1g-crdhx.html

Edited by the_lorax, 25 June 2011 - 11:53 PM.

the_lorax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Got these on the way from Japan. I already have three wheels, so this give me a set of 4 & a spare

the_lorax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Made a little more progress on this beast.

*Fitted my repainted rear bumper and hatch. The car is now mint on the outside, other than a few scratches and a dent in the right hand quarter by the tailight.
* Put the JDM bumper on in place of the horrible UK-spec one with rear fog lights
* Jonno swapped the rusty black trims along the top of both doors for mint ones. So much better!
* Refitted Mudflaps
* Removed the headlining to find a rusty sunroof pan that has been leaking onto the passenger. Will be investigating replacement options over the next few weeks.
* Cleaned the whole car
* Took photos

https://picasaweb.go...CLHNis-Ms8j8NQ#

Does anyone have access to some EDM CRX Facelift headlights? I need a pair of tidy replacements and mine is the only EDM car I know of in New Zealand.

suprasalas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 Crx, 95 Eclipse gst, 2011 Mazdaspeed3

After pming a local NZHondas member, it looks like the last thing to try is a set of integra knuckles and hubs before going the custom axle route. When he swapped 1g Integra hubs in he ended up with a 24mm toe change. Its the only thing different compared to his old car, which worked fine with EF9 axles.

sooo, I've got a wanted ad up for a 1g integra parts car.

Also the plastic front guards and header panel have been dropped off to a good plastics repairer. to weld all the cracks up. I'll go and pick them up next week.

So what axles did you end up using with the SK7 halfshaft? I am doing tha same swap, but I do not want to spend money on a set of hasport axles they are way over price for a set.

Nice build by the way

Edited by suprasalas, 10 October 2016 - 01:28 PM.

EGB18C

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: EG5 Civic, PP1 Beat

Awesome build mate! I've just picked up a 1st gen CRX (awaiting delivery) and already have a B18C EG so will be parting out the EG and focusing on the CRX.