Ew1 Head Bolts

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT

Hi all.  Need some help.  I need new cylinder head bolts for a EW1.  What is the correct Honda part number?  Are they still available?  Thanks for your help.

Warren

A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

gryffinwings

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
Check rockauto.com they should have them.

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

Check rockauto.com they should have them.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already checked RA.  Could not find any listed.  Would like to use OEM if possible anyway.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

I found a possible part number: 90006-PE0-003.  Could somebody help to verify this?  I think I remember there being 7 bolts from a previous tear down of another EW1.

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

Bolts are no longer available. I re-used mine and so have many others. Just clean the threads and holes very well. Check if threading is still within specs. Only available replacement art ARP bolts and HeelToeAuto carries them for our cars. 

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

Racers on here have said reuse OEM ones if you have them. If you want to go the ARP route an old post from here stated that you would need 3 - AM5.700-1B short bolts, 7 - AM6.100-1LB long bolts, 300-8363 nuts and 200-8689 washers

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx

You could magnaflux your head bolts and studs if you are worried about a failure. I haven't had any head bolt failures in several rebuilt engines. Dave

shuttlecraft

• Shuttlecraft
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 wagon fwd

It's been years since I replaced my original (stretched) bolts with a new ARPs and after having the head on an off the engine these ARPs are still holding strong and maintaining their elasticity.  I would recommend that you order them through your local engine machine shop.  They'll get the correct stud and bolt kit for your car.  Besides, if they don't, it will be their issue to get right, not yours.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage

Reuse old bolts. These are not torque to yield that need replaced.

Jeff

3rd gen sinner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 15 Kia Sorento, 86 Civic
    Garage View Garage

https://www.heeltoea...eadstud.ew.html