Seat Upholstry Options

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (SHOGUNOVDDRK @ Jan 12 2008, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i didnt know del sols came in type r form blink.gif kekekkekekekke ph34r.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

they look really hot....but i have to stick with my suggestions...s2k seats ftw rolleyes.gif

Seats cost me $150

Reupholstery cost me $400

Practically new seats on a budget - priceless

...Oh, and they are damn comfy biggrin.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 12 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seats cost me $150

Reupholstery cost me $400

Practically new seats on a budget - priceless

...Oh, and they are damn comfy biggrin.gif

Yes, they look "damn comfy" !
I'd say you got your money's worth.

Do you happen to know what material type that is?

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Jan 17 2008, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, they look "damn comfy" !
I'd say you got your money's worth.

Do you happen to know what material type that is?

Actually I don't. They just happened to have a roll of this black suede looking stuff and I liked it. Most other places just showed me swatches. The place isn't a hot rod shop by any means, but the work (most of it) is acceptable for daily drivers and such. Couldn't see spending more on upholstery than I did for the whole car and new motor. dry.gif So for the budget minded, this place is decent. Still need to have them redo the visors.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Every company calls it something differant, it's ultra suade, micro fiber, soft suade so take your pick. Just like everything else there is the good stuff and the knock off and it can range in cost from $18. to $65. per yard retail depending on who you get it from and the quality. I'm doing all the enterior in my wifes truck in this and will post it up when finished.
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

87ClubRed

• Soon it'll scream...for now, just a hum...
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '07 Mazda 3 GT / 87 CRX Si (Going under the knife)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Question --> What if you were happy with the look of the seats, but the support in them has gone?

I have 2nd gen CRX si seats, and the look great. The only problem is that the foam sides are very soft (almost non existant support), and each seat is tilted slightly twards the center of the car.

Is there anything I can do to a) increase/redo the side suppport and b ) correct the 'lean' twards the center.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
holy shnikes! that's exactly how i want my 2g si seats done. hope i can find that quality of work around here...

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

danielleb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (87ClubRed @ Jan 28 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question --> What if you were happy with the look of the seats, but the support in them has gone?

I have 2nd gen CRX si seats, and the look great. The only problem is that the foam sides are very soft (almost non existant support), and each seat is tilted slightly twards the center of the car.

Is there anything I can do to a) increase/redo the side suppport and b ) correct the 'lean' twards the center.

buy new foam, cut out the old stuff, mold it and stick it back on. Thats what I had done to my stock 87" DX seats... they cme out Great.... even better the second time around getting them done.

First Time:
(got them readone because of sun damage)

(Now) Second Time:

danielleb
-87' CRX DX-

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
im going to change the name of this to seat upholstry options, since it keeps getting hits
grimms mom

Hehn

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Location:Fayetteville, North Carolina and Virginia Beach, Virginia
    • Drives: 2008 honda fit
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
how much fabric would it take to do both seats in a 1g

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
probably 6-10 yds for both seats, if u want the center a different fabric i think it would take about 3 orr 4 yds of the different fabric
grimms mom

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Your looking at 3-3.5 yards to do both seats in a crx, if you do a differant color on the insert you need 1 yd for the insert and 2.5 yards for the rest.
This is in 54 inch wide fabric, you will also need scrim(half inch foam with screen fabric on one side) to glue to the back of the fabric on all the facing of the seats. This will give the stitching on the seats depth and durrability.

recap:

seats in one solid color------3 yards if you do not waist the fabric when you cut it.
seats with different insert---1 yd. for the insert and 2 for the rest.
1.5 yards of scrim( half inch foam)

I have done about 10 sets of crx seats and this is a solid comfirmed figure

a fully upholstered sofa takes aprox. 10-12 yrd. to upholster.

If you need any info on this subject just ask, it's what I do for a living. wink.gif
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yeh i figured i overshot that a bit, thanks wolf
grimms mom

Hehn

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Location:Fayetteville, North Carolina and Virginia Beach, Virginia
    • Drives: 2008 honda fit
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thanks

d15a3power

An option you may want to consider is neoprene ( wetsuit mat'l) seat covers. Wet Okole (www.wetokole.com) sells a cover that fits our cars that has 1/2" of foam which gives the seat some more cushion. Also, for hot climates they're not as hot as leather. They clean up with soap & water right on the seat. They will fade in UV unless you use the recommended product.

I like these because of the nice fit, price ( ~$250 shipped), & time savings. Five years later, they still look great.
May thru November only.
Rust never sleeps.

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS

these are my seats. original look, perfect fit, and unlike people who have sholder bolsters, i can still get to my compartment. smile.gif
Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674