• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX DX
    • Image Gallery
ummm....stupid question but how do i get the radio out? lol im trying to put in my new one but i cant figure out how to get the old one out...please dont tell me i gotta rip apart the whole dashboard to get to it....

1986CREX

• 4x4Mech
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1982 Jeep CJ-5: 4.2L I6, 4-speed, lifted, 31"x10.50" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's; 1986 CRX (former SCCA car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if it like the one in my EG it has a nut on the back side
QUOTE(Omega Mugen @ Sep 18 2005, 08:29 PM)
...I have a bung, so all we need is a bunghole and were in business....

View Post

user posted image

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1986CREX @ Oct 6 2005, 10:53 PM)

uhhh.....ok....and how do i get to that? ive read somewhere that you have to stick something through a hole on the sides and itll slide right out..but ive done everything short of ripping the radio face in half (literally by the way) to try and get it out....ive stuck hangers in the side, through the top....i even took out the top coin tray to try and get to it....argh....a 280$ radio is sitting here waiting to be put in and i cant even do it...this sucks

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
ok, this is driving me nuts....i cant figure it out....so im gonna up the ante....i will mail someone 5$ who can give me detailed instructions on how to remove it, and thats no joke...lol and you cant say remove the lower panel (the one with the lighter and ashtray, because the screws for that are stripped and i cant get em out....)

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
seriously dude, i believe there is a nut on the back side. easiest way is going to be from the passenger side, look up under the dash behind the radio.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Oct 6 2005, 11:18 PM)
seriously dude, i believe there is a nut on the back side. easiest way is going to be from the passenger side, look up under the dash behind the radio.

ok, lemme go check real quick...

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (CRXRacer722 @ Oct 6 2005, 11:20 PM)

ok, dont forget to grab my 5 bux laugh.gif

cash please, i dont wanna pay taxes on it ...what happens on redpepperracing.com stays on redpepperracing.com ph34r.gif

Edited by crxls, 06 October 2005 - 11:23 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Oct 6 2005, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (CRXRacer722 @ Oct 6 2005, 11:20 PM)

ok, dont forget to grab my 5 bux laugh.gif

cash please, i dont wanna pay taxes on it ...what happens on redpepperracing.com stays on redpepperracing.com ph34r.gif

yeah...itll be cash, but thats not the right answer...i couldnt feel any bolts on the back of it... (mabye i shouldnt be trying this at 12:30 at night, lol) i felt a bunch of screws that might be holding it on but i dont know...ill just drink some more and check it out in the morning, unless anyone else can tell me exactly what to do, lol

besides...its not gonna sound all THAT great...its a 280$ headunit with the 2 stock speakers....lol

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
on my rex there was a bolt in the back and one underneath just take your time and youll get it sooner or later lol

peace and good luck

mitch

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

87ClubRed

• Soon it'll scream...for now, just a hum...
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Mazda 3 GT / 87 CRX Si (Going under the knife)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (CRXRacer722 @ Oct 6 2005, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (1986CREX @ Oct 6 2005, 10:53 PM)

uhhh.....ok....and how do i get to that? ive read somewhere that you have to stick something through a hole on the sides and itll slide right out..but ive done everything short of ripping the radio face in half (literally by the way) to try and get it out....ive stuck hangers in the side, through the top....i even took out the top coin tray to try and get to it....argh....a 280$ radio is sitting here waiting to be put in and i cant even do it...this sucks

Yeah, the 'pullers' that you stick in on the side might be specific to the head unit. Mine has both, bolts and pullers.

87crxdx

some of the old decks with 2 big knobs have to popped off and then under each knob is screws and taking it all apart removes the face for it to push through, thats what was in mine when i got it, kinda scary lol

Installer1

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 crx si, 1991 civic hatch turbo zc
On the back side of the radio there is a 8mm bolt......you need to get a light and look..... You should be able to you a SKEW 90 degree adaptor for you drill, and use a 6 inch extension with a 8mm 1/4 inch drive socket.......some of the hondas had two 8mm on the back side. The radio will then slide out from the front........im if you have any questions.....
Lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute me giving you all my extra parts.......